Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    I tried to do it online but it wouldn't allow me to add them as a payee so I shall have to wait to hit the bank. The race is on!

you have to go to the bank to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

payment transfer? ughh, cos its not like people work mon-fri or anything...its 2013 ffs! everything should be done online

giggii wrote: »
    Just got my message for payment. Gonna hit the bank tomorrow before college, I could do the online banking thing tonight but I'd rather wait to get a receipt from the bank as I don't know what kind of receipt I'd get from the online option.

Has anyone done the online banking thing and actually got a receipt. I'm with AIB (and I have the card reader too) if that makes any difference?

can you pay in the bank? ill have to do this tomorrow on lunch break

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

Hi guys, i saw a few posts regarding using BoI. I used my 365 online account. I went in and added IEC as a payee;
    Payee Name: Canadian Embassy
    Payee Account Number: 41489092
    Payee National Sort Code: 93-10-47 (note: the letter said 93-12-33 but it wouldn't work. I googled it and got this one instead)
    Reference: IE-xxxxxx
    Description: IEC Canada (this is your personal statement reference)

After I added them, I transferred the 120 euro and then up popped a confirmation page:
    "Confirmation
    eur 120.00 has been paid from (your account) ~ xxxx to Canadian Embassy, Account: 41489092"

SAVE THIS PAGE!!
    I attached this page in a message to them and they verified it for me a few hours later. All good :)

EDIT: I would actually think this would apply for any bank if you do it online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

can you pay from any bank or is it best to do with AIB?:)

• Advertisement

dmags wrote: »
    Hi guys, i saw a few posts regarding using BoI. I used my 365 online account. I went in and added IEC as a payee;
    Payee National Sort Code: 93-10-47 (note: the letter said 93-12-33 but it wouldn't work. I googled it and got this one instead)

After I added them, I transferred the 120 euro and then up popped a confirmation page:
    "Confirmation
    eur 120.00 has been paid from (your account) ~ xxxx to Canadian Embassy, Account: 41489092"

SAVE THIS PAGE!!
    I attached this page in a message to them and they verified it for me a few hours later. All good :)

yeah THANK YOU

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

After 2 hours of trying to upload the scan of my passport, it finally has worked!
    I sent that application, so will I get a message sent to my e-mail or 'my messages' in My IEC Application for the next part (payment)?

gemie wrote: »
    yeah THANK YOU

are you sure thats the right sort code for it
    , even though the letter said a different number?!
    you sure its paid to the right crowd

"Confirmation

SAVE THIS PAGE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

After 2 hours of trying to upload the scan of my passport, it finally has worked!
    I sent that application, so will I get a message sent to my e-mail or 'my messages' in My IEC Application for the next part (payment)?

I got both, a message in my IEC application and a notification by email stating that I had a message in my IEC application. It took a good 3 hours to get it though, there seems to be a fair bit of processing time with all the applications

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

It will be sent to your 'My messages' and it can take anything up to 4 hours to receive it. it took me 3 to get it:D

The one they gave me didn't work so I thought I'd google the sort code for aib grafton street branch and that is the one i got. I worked in banking in the US before and it didn't matter what sort code you used as long as it was one for the bank! Account number and name are probably more important....plus, they already verified my payment anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I got both, a message in my IEC application and a notification by email stating that I had a message in my IEC application. It took a good 3 hours to get it though, there seems to be a fair bit of processing time with all the applications

Faster than last year anyhow, I'm delighted with the speed of things so far :)

once payment is verified, do we just wait or is there something else we should be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

once payment is verified, do we just wait or is there something else we should be doing?

Play hungry hungry hippos to pass the time I suppose haha :D

"Confirmation

SAVE THIS PAGE!!

Yus! cheers, just gotta scan the documents and will do the application tomorrow

The one they gave me didn't work so I thought I'd google the sort code for aib grafton street branch and that is the one i got. I worked in banking in the US before and it didn't matter what sort code you used as long as it was one for the bank! Account number and name are probably more important....plus, they already verified my payment anyway!!

which bank did you use here bank of ireland or aib? confused!

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    It will be sent to your 'My messages' and it can take anything up to 4 hours to receive it. it took me 3 to get it:D

Thanks for the replies. I will stick on 'Das Boot' and when that is finished I should have got a message!

which bank did you use here bank of ireland or aib? confused!

No worries. My bank is Bank of Ireland and the Canadian Embassy is AIB and it is their sort code I/we need!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

hey how did it work ?...what did it say previously when you tried to upload it

• Advertisement

No worries. My bank is Bank of Ireland and the Canadian Embassy is AIB and it is their sort code I/we need!

this 93-10-47 is the sort code I put down for the them?

this 93-10-47 is the sort code I put down for the them?

Yes, that's the one I used and it worked. You can try the other one for peace of mind.

question, on the education/employment page where you fill out your details, I briefly went to college for a few months in 1999, we're talking sep-to mid november, hated it, dropped out, planned to go back, got full time work, never did, yadda yadda. Is it risky leaving that off or will I just put down no college? hardly seems worth it for 2 months but would it affect the visa? dont wanna be denied cos of something stupid like that.

Yes, that's the one I used and it worked. You can try the other one for peace of mind.

cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Hi Dmags

I use BOI also so just want to ensure you are happy enough with the payment verfication you got? I dont want to be 2nd guessing you or anything, but did the were you happy with the response you got to confirm payment, I know the page you are refering to on the BOI website once you make a payment & I couldn't say for sure if it would contain all the required details?
    Did you need to use the IBAN and if so did you change the sort code portion of this?
    I also googled the sort code and it seems that the correct code for that bank is the code you used, I could only find one reference using SC 93-12-33 and this was on a charity website and the address was just Grafton St, Dublin, I dont think there is more than one branch on that street
    any info/reassurance you might have would be appreciated
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

"Confirmation

SAVE THIS PAGE!!

Did your receipt of payment contain all of the required fields though, ie:

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP- 000717

I'm itching to make my payment online but I'm afraid the receipt won't show up/ be right...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

I'm also BOI. Did you add them as a domestic payee? (With the branch being in Dublin)

hegarty147 wrote: »
    hey how did it work ?...what did it say previously when you tried to upload it

At first I was using Internet exploer. When I clicked the 'upload' button, the box emptied and nothing else happened (loading symbol on top of the tab etc.).

After an hour of doing this with jpg, pdf, and pdf through MS word, I tried using Firefox. When I clicked 'upload' on Firefox, the loading sign on the tab went on; however, after around 2 mins it timed out ("page cannot load").

I tried again and again for a while with no success, so back to I Explorer!

After a few tries, the tab finaaly showed the loading sign, but it timed out. Then I tried the pdf through converting from MS word. That uploaded within a minute. So I tried to upload the jpg version and it worked. IE wouldn't let me 'view' the document ( I didn't know if the document was the 1st pdf I uploaded or the jpg file). So back to firefox and it let me 'view' the document, which was the 2nd file (jpg) I uploaded.

Moral of the story: You might have to go back and forth from the internet browsers!

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Hi Dmags

I use BOI also so just want to ensure you are happy enough with the payment verfication you got? I dont want to be 2nd guessing you or anything, but did the were you happy with the response you got to confirm payment, I know the page you are refering to on the BOI website once you make a payment & I couldn't say for sure if it would contain all the required details?
    Did you need to use the IBAN and if so did you change the sort code portion of this?
    I also googled the sort code and it seems that the correct code for that bank is the code you used, I could only find one reference using SC 93-12-33 and this was on a charity website and the address was just Grafton St, Dublin, I dont think there is more than one branch on that street
    any info/reassurance you might have would be appreciated
    thanks

No that's the thing, I wasn't happy with the confirmation, that's why I actually wrote a message through IEC Kompass attaching a screen print of the confirmation page I got. They came back with a message verifying my payment so I'm happy with that. I uploaded that screen print, saved and submitted. I didn't use IBAN at all, literally just those things I put on my original message.

• Advertisement

Did your receipt of payment contain all of the required fields though, ie:

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP- 000717

I'm itching to make my payment online but I'm afraid the receipt won't show up/ be right...

No it didn't but when I took a screen print of the details I did get, i sent it to them using IEC Kompass and they verified it. Best I could do without going to a branch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement