Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    I'm also BOI. Did you add them as a domestic payee? (With the branch being in Dublin)

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

dmags wrote: »
    No it didn't but when I took a screen print of the details I did get, i sent it to them using IEC Kompass and they verified it. Best I could do without going to a branch.

Yeah I think I might just wait and go to the branch tomorrow just to be sure, cheers for your help though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

Hi guys, i saw a few posts regarding using BoI. I used my 365 online account. I went in and added IEC as a payee;
    Payee Name: Canadian Embassy
    Payee Account Number: 41489092
    Payee National Sort Code: 93-10-47 (note: the letter said 93-12-33 but it wouldn't work. I googled it and got this one instead)
    Reference: IE-xxxxxx
    Description: IEC Canada (this is your personal statement reference)

After I added them, I transferred the 120 euro and then up popped a confirmation page:
    "Confirmation
    eur 120.00 has been paid from (your account) ~ xxxx to Canadian Embassy, Account: 41489092"

SAVE THIS PAGE!!
    I attached this page in a message to them and they verified it for me a few hours later. All good :)

EDIT: I would actually think this would apply for any bank if you do it online

Just going to repost this cuz it's pretty useful for people who didn't see it earlier in the thread. Time for bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

im still waiting for my reply anyhow anyone else
    its nearly 5 hours now ,goin give up now go bed and check in moring , eventful day all round :)

just got message there yippee

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

krudler wrote: »
    question, on the education/employment page where you fill out your details, I briefly went to college for a few months in 1999, we're talking sep-to mid november, hated it, dropped out, planned to go back, got full time work, never did, yadda yadda. Is it risky leaving that off or will I just put down no college? hardly seems worth it for 2 months but would it affect the visa? dont wanna be denied cos of something stupid like that.

Hi, I am pretty sure you'l be grand cos they want the highest level of education you have attained, and well, you didn't attain anything with dropping out yakno?

I had a similar what the fudge do I put. The section on employment in the last 5 years, where you click the button and it asks a hape of must answer questions about employment. I didn't click and didn't put anything cos I haven't worked in the last five years. I been studying and stuff (although the highest level of education attained, as put in the previous section was in 2008-9, I have studyed other stuff since) so that section is completely blank.

I think we just have a tendancy to panic over everything, espcially with knowing that they are not sending back any wrong apps til april and it'l likely be too late to re-apply this year then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

giggii wrote: »
    Yeah I think I might just wait and go to the branch tomorrow just to be sure, cheers for your help though! :)

if you do it in the bank and get a receipt. how do you show them the receipt as proof?

gemie wrote: »
    if you do it in the bank and get a receipt. how do you show them the receipt as proof?

Scan it and upload I imagine...?

Scan it and upload I imagine...?

upload it where though? another scan gee. its safer in the bank though cos it will be done right.
    have to do this at lunch break, grab something quick in a shop!

does any one know whats the time difference here in ireland and canada? is their much!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

does any one know whats the time difference here in ireland and canada? is their much!

Canada is five hours behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

Submitted mine at 20.30 still no payment information message.....till the morning it is so!

upload it where though? another scan gee. its safer in the bank though cos it will be done right.
    have to do this at lunch break, grab something quick in a shop!

There's a place on the payment section to load up your receipt. :)

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Canada is five hours behind

THANKS

There's a place on the payment section to load up your receipt. :)

CHEERS :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

hegarty147 wrote: »
    hi sorry did u have any issue uploading ur passport picture?

Hi, didnt have any problem uploading passport pics - i scanned as jPeg and it worked fine.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Everytime i try to upload my passport pic it just keeps loading and after awhile tells me to try again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

They must be workin late tonight! I got my email to pay at 11:30pm which is after 6pm Ottawa time. I'm going to pay in the bank tomorrow rather than online tonight.

Just curious the last few digits of my boyfriends WTN is between 800 and 900. I applied about 15 minutes later and mine was between 900 and 1000. I would take that to mean we were within the first 1000 to apply. Just wondering has anyone applied in the last few minutes what the last digist of their WPN are between? Just go get an idea of demand so far!

Edit: we applied at 7:30 - 8ish

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

hi guys the sort code for the bank on graffton street doesnt match the sort code for the info they sent this is the sort code for aib on grafton street 931047

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

Lima Golf wrote: »
    They must be workin late tonight! I got my email to pay at 11:30pm which is after 6pm Ottawa time. I'm going to pay in the bank tomorrow rather than online tonight.

Just curious the last few digits of my boyfriends WTN is between 800 and 900. I applied about 15 minutes later and mine was between 900 and 1000. I would take that to mean we were within the first 1000 to apply. Just wondering has anyone applied in the last few minutes what the last digist of their WPN are between? Just go get an idea of demand so far!

Sent my application at around 10 and it was between 1400-1500 if dats any help to ya.

gunty23 wrote: »
    Submitted mine at 20.30 still no payment information message.....till the morning it is so!
    Just got it now at 00:40 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

philo87 wrote: »
    Sent my application at around 10 and it was between 1400-1500 if dats any help to ya.

Jeez if the 1500 etc at the end of the wtn no is d number for amount of visas dey'll be gone by tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Thanks. My sister is wanting to apply but waiting on a passport so I was curious as to how quickly people are applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is getting on fine with applications.

A quick question folks, On the employment is says for previous 5 years..

1. Is that 5 years previous to now or past 5 years of employment?

2. Its only allowing me to enter one employment detail??

Any help would much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is getting on fine with applications.

A quick question folks, On the employment is says for previous 5 years..

1. Is that 5 years previous to now or past 5 years of employment?

2. Its only allowing me to enter one employment detail??

Any help would much appreciated.

Once you fill out the first employment part save and validate it mate then it will give you the option to add more :)

Sent mine at 20:30 and it was in the 1100's

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Once you fill out the first employment part save and validate it mate then it will give you the option to add more :)

Ahhhh thanks a million mate. Im afraid too save and validate just incase I get anything wrong ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Hi guys, i saw a few posts regarding using BoI. I used my 365 online account. I went in and added IEC as a payee;
    Payee Name: Canadian Embassy
    Payee Account Number: 41489092
    Payee National Sort Code: 93-10-47 (note: the letter said 93-12-33 but it wouldn't work. I googled it and got this one instead)
    Reference: IE-xxxxxx
    Description: IEC Canada (this is your personal statement reference)

After I added them, I transferred the 120 euro and then up popped a confirmation page:
    "Confirmation
    eur 120.00 has been paid from (your account) ~ xxxx to Canadian Embassy, Account: 41489092"

SAVE THIS PAGE!!
    I attached this page in a message to them and they verified it for me a few hours later. All good :)

EDIT: I would actually think this would apply for any bank if you do it online

So once they verify it then it's definitely been accepted yeah?? Did you send JUST that confirmation page?? Gonna do that now via online BOI

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

sent mine at 11 and it was in the 1700's!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

So once they verify it then it's definitely been accepted yeah?? Did you send JUST that confirmation page?? Gonna do that now via online BOI

I tried as well but to add them as a Payee you need to wait for BOI to send a secure code to my mobile which they have yet to do.

• Advertisement

beemer2003 wrote: »
    hi guys the sort code for the bank on graffton street doesnt match the sort code for the info they sent this is the sort code for aib on grafton street 931047

I've just sent them off a mail on this myself, so i'm waiting for the bank tomorrow just to be on the safe side! I doubt 4000 more people will sign up and pay by morning :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement