Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    sent mine at 11 and it was in the 1700's!

My Boyfriend just applied and it was in 1950!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

on my AIB online account I have a transfer/payment tab where there is all the details of the transaction but it doesn't have my name on it which is what is asked as one of the things you need .. will I just upload it anyway and if it is verified does that mean it is ok? any help is much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

cuterob wrote: »
    on my AIB online account I have a transfer/payment tab where there is all the details of the transaction but it doesn't have my name on it which is what is asked as one of the things you need .. will I just upload it anyway and if it is verified does that mean it is ok? any help is much appreciated

If it gets verified it means you're good to go :)

I'm with AIB also but I'm going to go into my local branch to do it there just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

hdowney wrote: »
    I think we just have a tendancy to panic over everything, espcially with knowing that they are not sending back any wrong apps til april and it'l likely be too late to re-apply this year then

Where does it say they won't be sending wrong applications back until April?

WasterEx wrote: »
    If it gets verified it means you're good to go :)

I'm with AIB also but I'm going to go into my local branch to do it there just to be on the safe side.

thanks.. how do I know if it's been verified? on the 'My IEC Application' page number 1-8 progress is locked? does that mean it is ok? i'm through to the paying stage?

• Advertisement

thanks.. how do I know if it's been verified? on the 'My IEC Application' page number 1-8 progress is locked? does that mean it is ok? i'm through to the paying stage?

You'll get a message letting you know it's been verified. Yeah that's all normal!

You'll get a message letting you know it's been verified. Yeah that's all normal!

You get an actual message on the site saying it's been verified or just the message saying move on to the payment section and you jsut take that the first part must be ok so? thanks

You get an actual message on the site saying it's been verified or just the message saying move on to the payment section and you jsut take that the first part must be ok so? thanks

If you're not officially on the payment section yet then you have to wait for a message on the actual site. You'll get a PDF file in the message and it gives you all the bank details you need. Once you've done that and transferred money to the specified account and you've uploaded proof of payment to your IEC account you'll then get a message in your IEC account again verifying your payment and you'll be moved on to stage 3 :)

Jesus...

Working Holiday
    Quota: 6,350
    Working Holiday places remaining: 4,747
    Updated: 29/01/2013

Gettin a bit scared now ffs...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

Hi cuterob, I'm trying to pay from my AIB account too. Just curious which tab are you talking about that shows the details of transaction. Is it "View my payment logs" ?

Has anyone successfully transferred from an AIB account online and got it verified? I would go to my bank in person but I'm in Canada!

Any help much appreciated !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

I just received my letter requesting payment so they must be working through the night in London or they're doing it in Canada or something but just in case anyone is still waiting on theirs!!!

doconne wrote: »
    Hi cuterob, I'm trying to pay from my AIB account too. Just curious which tab are you talking about that shows the details of transaction. Is it "View my payment logs" ?

Has anyone successfully transferred from an AIB account online and got it verified? I would go to my bank in person but I'm in Canada!

Any help much appreciated !!

yup that was the one and I found the visa payment and clicked view more detail to the right of it and took a screen shot of the info

yup that was the one and I found the visa payment and clicked view more detail to the right of it and took a screen shot of the info

Thanks for the quick response... Just to be clear when you say "visa payment" are you saying you paid through you're credit card account or is that what you named the payment? Because I can't see "view more detail" anywhere?

Help!

doconne wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response... Just to be clear when you say "visa payment" are you saying you paid through you're credit card account or is that what you named the payment? Because I can't see "view more detail" anywhere?

Help!

thats what i named it.. when i clicked on view my payment logs it was the last one at the very bottom and there was 2 options to the right of it one was to cancel the payment and the other was to view more detail.. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Hi guys

Does it matter what bank account the payment comes from?

Im having trouble making the payment from BOI. In order to add a new payee you need to use a code that is sent to your mobile phone. However I had not registered my phone before and BOI informs me that its takes 3 - 5 working days(they need to send out a letter to my home with a code in order to do this!!!)

Would it matter if I paid from my brothers bank account in Ireland?

Tried using my UK account but after I put the payment through Nationwide does not have a confirmation page - just displays a message stating that this transaction will be processed...

thats what i named it.. when i clicked on view my payment logs it was the last one at the very bottom and there was 2 options to the right of it one was to cancel the payment and the other was to view more detail.. hope this helps

Thanks so much, one last question, under transfers & payments tab did you choose "I want to pay a bill" or "I want to transfer money to another ROI account".

Cheers!

Hi guys

Does it matter what bank account the payment comes from?

Im having trouble making the payment from BOI. In order to add a new payee you need to use a code that is sent to your mobile phone. However I had not registered my phone before and BOI informs me that its takes 3 - 5 working days(they need to send out a letter to my home with a code in order to do this!!!)

Would it matter if I paid from my brothers bank account in Ireland?

Tried using my UK account but after I put the payment through Nationwide does not have a confirmation page - just displays a message stating that this transaction will be processed...

You can use any account as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

You can use any account as far as I know.

You can. When your submitting your payment info there's an option to say it was paid by a third party

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

I've been trying for ages to upload my passport scan, its in PDF format, like some others here the box just goes blank! Everything else is done just have that before I send it all. How long did it take any one else who was having problems with it? Very frustrating.

EDIT: Finally went through! An hour later.... But at least thats that!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

flynnser19 wrote: »
    I just received my letter requesting payment so they must be working through the night in London or they're doing it in Canada or something but just in case anyone is still waiting on theirs!!!

Hey mate, How long did it take for the letter come through for payment after you submitted IEC form? I have just completed it and all my forms are locked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When i comes to the contact info and what not im confused with the different boxes to fill out since my address is

House Number
    Estate Name
    Town
    County

Do you have to fill out each box etc im confused

• Registered Users Posts: 48 truebluechippy

So what's the full list of paper work I need ie Garda clearance etc thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Hey if u save only, it'll throw it back what is a required field. Po box kept coming back on mine. Once it comes up with a green tick u can then save and validate it and move on

Stage 1 - scanned passport pic and proof of payment scan

Stage 2 - not done yet but scan of garda cert and photo....don't know after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Thanks Dmags, did anyone get confirmation that the sort code in the letter was incorrect? I am going into my branch this morning to make the payment as I could not add a payee on-line for some reason. I sent them a message about the sort code this morning but I imagine I wont get a response til afternoon because of the time difference. I might ring the bank or Go4Less this morning to see if they have any more info

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Ive made a fcuk up. I completed mine and my boyfriends applications last night and I got the letter to state that payment is required for each of us. Mine is fine, however on my boyfriends where it lists your name and address it has his name, then House Number, Estate, Town, THEN THE WRONG COUNTY. I typed his home county of Kildare instead of his current county of Monaghan, where we currently live. I've sent a mail to the IEC asking if they can change the county, send the application back for amendment or if he can submit a new application. Any ideas guys? I feel sick, so guilty as Im the one who filled it out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

christ they're going quickly, better get this done later today, do you need to scan the garda clearance during the intitial application or does that come later? all i need to do is scan my passport

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Right I've just made my payment using the IBAN number rather than the account and sort code, the online banking told me the account/sortcode details were incorrect. That seems to have gone through fine now.

Anybody know at what stage the garda clearance cert is submitted? Mine expires in two days and I feel sick at the thought of waiting for another one-the visas are bound to be gone in no time at the rate of applicants so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aodhanmag

Does anyone know on average how long it is until all the spaces fill up? When would be the absolute latest one should apply and hopefully still get it? I'm rather disorganised and in the final throes of a degree so haven't been on top of my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

Has anyone paid through AIB online banking and has been verified by the IEC??it doesn't seem to show all the details needed for the receipt required...
    I can't make it into an AIB branch....
    Any help wud be good

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

aodhanmag wrote: »
    Does anyone know on average how long it is until all the spaces fill up? When would be the absolute latest one should apply and hopefully still get it? I'm rather disorganised and in the final throes of a degree so haven't been on top of my application.

over 2000 places are gone already since yesterday, it'll prob be gone by next week tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement