Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

anyone know how long the LOI is valid for this year? is it the same as last year where you have 12 months to get to canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

On the application if you dont know the specific dates you're going what then? I aim to be gone by late april/early May but that's not definite, if it just a rough guide or do you need to activate the visa on specific dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

krudler wrote: »
    On the application if you dont know the specific dates you're going what then? I aim to be gone by late april/early May but that's not definite, if it just a rough guide or do you need to activate the visa on specific dates?

I'm going around the same time so i just put down the middle of april I don't think it really makes a difference anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 48 truebluechippy

is anyone having problems with a mac with the message they send you about payment

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

Right I've just made my payment using the IBAN number rather than the account and sort code, the online banking told me the account/sortcode details were incorrect. That seems to have gone through fine now.

Anybody know at what stage the garda clearance cert is submitted? Mine expires in two days and I feel sick at the thought of waiting for another one-the visas are bound to be gone in no time at the rate of applicants so far!

On the Garda clearance, how long is that valid for usually? When you submit ye next section under MyCIC account it asks for your Garda clearance so if you have payment done you should be able to move into that straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

just rang AIB Grafton street, they advised that the sort code on the PDF 93-12-33 os valid, I bank with BOI but they said to go into my local AIB branch and they can put through the payment

I think the Kompass site has crashed, just tried to log in there with no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pooljinx

Hi I dont get my new passport back from the passport office untill Wednesday next week reckon il be ok? really worried now!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Can anyone please tell me a list of what's needed???

Passport scan, passport photos, Garda clearance, up to date cv?

Anything else! Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

is anyone having problems with a mac with the message they send you about payment

Open with Adobe reader!

• Advertisement

Oh god. Having a total nightmare with the payment bit.
    I panicked when I got my payment confirmation with online banking as it didn't have all the details I needed. I didn't save it.

I've logged into online banking today, and the payment is out, but it just comes up as international payment. I've taken a screen shot, and sent it off. Hoping for the best, but could cry.
    Also, because I'm in the UK, it is in £s in my account.
    I put the amount in Euro on the application though.

Has anyone sent the payment confirmation off?
    What happens next?

for the initial part, all you need is a scan of your passport, that is all i provided with the questionnaire and I got the PDF with the payment details at about 2am this morning, had applied at about 21.00 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Johanna3 wrote: »
    for the initial part, all you need is a scan of your passport, that is all i provided with the questionnaire and I got the PDF with the payment details at about 2am this morning, had applied at about 21.00 last night

So to get your application away all you need is a passport scan and payment? The rest follows??

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Johanna3 wrote: »
    just rang AIB Grafton street, they advised that the sort code on the PDF 93-12-33 os valid, I bank with BOI but they said to go into my local AIB branch and they can put through the payment

So just go into AIB with the cash and do it there?? I suppose that makes sense as they don't need your bank account number just proof that it went into theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 48 truebluechippy

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Open with Adobe reader![/QUOTE

its coming up as java script disabled.its a link they message me on my kompass account.is that the peyment link ???

is it worth doing the payment part before submitting the bit with the passport scan? I could go to the bank on lunch but wont get to scan the passport till later today and the bank will be closed by then, would it matter once they're both submitted?

Open with Adobe reader![/QUOTE

its coming up as java script disabled.its a link they message me on my kompass account.is that the peyment link ???

You need to download the message and open it in adobe, don't panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

U can't pay until u have scanned ur passport and given a WTN number

all you need for the first part is the questionnaire and upload a scan of your passport, then you get a WTN, a few hours after you get a email with a PDF attached with details of the bank acc to pay to, that is as far as I got, I am going into the bank today to pay
    I think they will take it as cash in the AIB bank, otherwise I will ask them to take it off my credit card
    Does anyone know at what point is your reservation secure?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

is it worth doing the payment part before submitting the bit with the passport scan? I could go to the bank on lunch but wont get to scan the passport till later today and the bank will be closed by then, would it matter once they're both submitted?
    you have to submit your application with the passport scan before you can get your wtn number and the payment details

• Advertisement

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?!?!?

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?!?!?

We play the waiting game. and panicking.

We play the waiting game. and panicking.

I'm having a mega panic. Just not sure that my payment confirmation was right. How long until I find out?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

when the money is received what happens next?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Paddy_kool wrote: »
    Has anyone paid through AIB online banking and has been verified by the IEC??it doesn't seem to show all the details needed for the receipt required...
    I can't make it into an AIB branch....
    Any help wud be good

Cheers

I have, and I made a huge error in doing so as they will not give me a receipt with the information I need.I sent the transfer using the sort code and account number, which is the wrong way to do it.

If you use the IBAN and Swift it will give you a nice receipt in your online banking which should do.... but I can't get anything from AIB, been calling them to ask for a receipt and they don't issue any type of receipt for payments so if I didn't screenshot my payment made screen I'm screwed basically I was told.

So now I have to e-mail them and hope for the best.

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    when the money is received what happens next?:D

That's what I asked :(

Wait and panic apparently!

Sync wrote: »
    I have, and I made a huge error in doing so as they will not give me a receipt with the information I need.I sent the transfer using the sort code and account number, which is the wrong way to do it.

If you use the IBAN and Swift it will give you a nice receipt in your online banking which should do.... but I can't get anything from AIB, been calling them to ask for a receipt and they don't issue any type of receipt for payments so if I didn't screenshot my payment made screen I'm screwed basically I was told.

So now I have to e-mail them and hope for the best.

This is what happened to me, the bank said that they don't give receipts, and I didn't take a screen shot.

Wait until the money comes out your account, and take a screen shot of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

just went into my local branch and transferred the funds got a receipt, anyone know whats next to happen, just waiting back for mesage back to say they ve got it

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

So whats the story are you better off to go in to a local branch an pay it there then paying it through internet banking. Obviously it would be handier to do it online but is it done right is the thing. What would ye reccomend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

not sure mate i was thought handiest to go into the branch just in case i made any mistakes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement