Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

philo87 wrote: »
    So whats the story are you better off to go in to a local branch an pay it there then paying it through internet banking. Obviously it would be handier to do it online but is it done right is the thing. What would ye reccomend?

I'm wondering the same! Tried to add the account as a payee on my online banking but it says it cannot be added at this time! Think I'll just head to the bank so!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    I'm wondering the same! Tried to add the account as a payee on my online banking but it says it cannot be added at this time! Think I'll just head to the bank so!

Ok cool to the bank it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

Sync wrote: »
    I have, and I made a huge error in doing so as they will not give me a receipt with the information I need.I sent the transfer using the sort code and account number, which is the wrong way to do it.

If you use the IBAN and Swift it will give you a nice receipt in your online banking which should do.... but I can't get anything from AIB, been calling them to ask for a receipt and they don't issue any type of receipt for payments so if I didn't screenshot my payment made screen I'm screwed basically I was told.

So now I have to e-mail them and hope for the best.
    Did AIB say that if you transfer using the IBAN no. That you get a receipt??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm confused, do I have to send the scan of the passport first, then wait for something back before making payment? or if I have all the details as posted here can I do both at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

yeah i was the same but just thought it quicker to head to the branch, its paid now so waiting for it to be verified and onto the next step

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

DeniseDee wrote: »
    This is what happened to me, the bank said that they don't give receipts, and I didn't take a screen shot.

Wait until the money comes out your account, and take a screen shot of that.

Yeah it sucks, I had an AIB account so the money is gone already, rattled off an e-mail to them to see if it will suffice, if not I'm kinda boned then lol :D:(

** To anyone paying online, use the IBAN/Swift numbers, gives a more detailed payment, and take screenshots when you complete it in case you can't get the information again, but with AIB, if you pay with the IBAN you can "view detailed information" for the payment, won't work with the NSC/AC No ** :o

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

TO ANYONE WHO HAS PAID & UPLOADED THE RECEIPT:

How do you know it's been accepted?? Do they send you a mail to tell you??

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

krudler wrote: »
    I'm confused, do I have to send the scan of the passport first, then wait for something back before making payment? or if I have all the details as posted here can I do both at once?

Follow the step by step process as exact as you can...

You can't make a payment without your WTN number, which involves scanning your passport to get.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Can you get away without putting anything in the PO Box part of your contact info part

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Can you get away without putting anything in the PO Box part of your contact info part

yeah just fill out the address as it is normally, guess its for people who have po boxes or temp addresses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

beemer2003 wrote: »
    just went into my local branch and transferred the funds got a receipt, anyone know whats next to happen, just waiting back for mesage back to say they ve got it
    What sort code did you sent it too? 93-12-33 or 93-10-47?

A poster last night said that the sort code 93-12-33 didn't work so wondering if it worked for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

How do people know how many places are gone already????

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Just wondering how long it took people to get confirmation of their payment? Just submitted mine there... :)

beemer2003 wrote: »
    not sure mate i was thought handiest to go into the branch just in case i made any mistakes

What bank are you with?? AIB or another one?

Gintonious wrote: »
    How do people know how many places are gone already????

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

On the right hand side under 'Working Holiday'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Right so BOI can't lodge into an AIB account, and I don't have an AIB account. I was told it would probably be quicker to just go to AIB with cash, but the form says that your proof of payment needs your account number and financial institution, so just going in with cash wouldn't give me a receipt with those on it. Anybody have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

TO ANYONE WHO HAS PAID & UPLOADED THE RECEIPT:

How do you know it's been accepted?? Do they send you a mail to tell you??

Hi,

FYI. I used ulster bank online. I added the canadian embassy as a payee and then transfered the money. I did a printscreen of the page that showed the transaction, and saved this as a jpg picture.

I then uploaded the picture as the reciept. They sent me a message (in the IKompass mail inbox) saying the receipt was received and some more instructions. Also the "Participation Fees and Proof of Payment" in the IKompass account says "Verified"

Basically now I have to wait until they send me the IEC Conditional Acceptance letter. Then it's on to step 2 (the MyCIC that people were doing already)

Here is the last line from the message:

"You will receive a decision for Stage 1 via your IEC-Kompass account. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly check for new messages under “My Messages” in your IEC-Kompass account."

Hope this helps! :)

ripcord wrote: »

LEGEND!

One last question, What sort code did you use?? The one they gave or the other one people have mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Grand then, Ulster Bank online it is.

Hi,

FYI. I used ulster bank online. I added the canadian embassy as a payee and then transfered the money. I did a printscreen of the page that showed the transaction, and saved this as a jpg picture.

I then uploaded the picture as the reciept. They sent me a message (in the IKompass mail inbox) saying the receipt was received and some more instructions. Also the "Participation Fees and Proof of Payment" in the IKompass account says "Verified"

Basically now I have to wait until they send me the IEC Conditional Acceptance letter. Then it's on to step 2 (the MyCIC that people were doing already)

"You will receive a decision for Stage 1 via your IEC-Kompass account. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly check for new messages under “My Messages” in your IEC-Kompass account."

What sort code did you sent it to? I am with Ulster Bank too.

• Advertisement

What sort code did you sent it to? I am with Ulster Bank too.

I sent it to the sort code they said in the message! I didn't know there was another one!!

Actually I didn't take a printscreen of the screen itself. I printed the screen as a microsoft XPS document (which basically just saves it on your computer). then I opened that file, and then took a screenshot of that. Same thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Have to still scan in the passport, if I miss out on this ill jump out the window!

I can't let this slip, hope there are still some by 5.30!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Hi,

How long did that take?

I sent it to the sort code they said in the message! I didn't know there was another one!!

Actually I didn't take a printscreen of the screen itself. I printed the screen as a microsoft XPS document (which basically just saves it on your computer). then I opened that file, and then took a screenshot of that. Same thing really.

Oh no, you're fine. Just in Bank of Ireland the sort code wasn't working properly so someone googled the sort code for grafton street and it was different, so they did that one. I'm Bank of Ireland, so I'll have to do that.

DeniseDee wrote: »
    How long did that take?

Uploaded the receipt around 6:30pm. Got the confirmation message around 8pm.

Here's what it looks like now.

238721.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Right, just back from AIB Bank (wanted to do it there instead to get 'proper' receipt)

Went to customer service, explained the story. She then led me over to the online banking machine!!! So basically you can do it exactly as described above.

** only thing is though (which may come back to bite people), your name, etc isn't on the online banking screen....and wouldnt be either even if the bank did it manually for you. Apparently the only way to meet all of the proof requirements..having name, acc no, etc. is to do it by bank or online, then wait for your statement in the post (or online). This will have your name, address, ref number paid to embassy, etc. and that can be scanned in.

I'm wondering if they're verified etc. does that mean they have been passed, or is it that they could turn around next week and you're either out or have to do it all again..........

By the way the Sort Code is RIGHT, its an old code they're using because the girl in the bank checked it. It went in no problem and then she checked that account to make sure it had gone in. She said that there were an awful lot of payments in there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Uploaded the receipt around 6:30pm. Got the confirmation message around 8pm.

Here's what it looks like now.

238721.jpg

Thanks for that. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get one once they wake up over there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Guys is the iec assement another form that has to be filled out? like at the end of it when final decision is given is that when we start the MY CIC part? seems like a long owl process:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

Hi guys
    I apologise if this has been asked a million times but this thread is huge! Does anyone know for def if you need to scan any stamped pages of your passport? I had to do my boyfriends one for him and never scanned a stamped page he had from Turkey. I looked at the FAQ's etc but nothing says anything about it so I dont know ahhhhh!

• Advertisement

Nearly 2000 gone already! In a few hours!

Not quite "U2 tickets" standard, but its pretty fast! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement