Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

The business over the sort code is head wrecking because BOI customers (as I am myself) 100% could not use the one given in the message, yet when we used the replacement one (which is on AIB's website) the payment went through, though still waiting on some confirmation from the IEC end. Been several hours though. Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I have a quick question, i filled in everything in the IEC Application but just have to upload my scanned picture of my passort (which will be done soon i hope), i am still waiting for my Police Cert from the Garda, when do i need to submitt that police cert?? also i wish they would update how many visas are left! One last quesion, can use laser card as payment?? Thanks, best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Star25 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I apologise if this has been asked a million times but this thread is huge! Does anyone know for def if you need to scan any stamped pages of your passport? I had to do my boyfriends one for him and never scanned a stamped page he had from Turkey. I looked at the FAQ's etc but nothing says anything about it so I dont know ahhhhh!

For the first process (the IEC Kompass thing) - you only need a scanned copy of the identification page of the passport (i.e. the page with your picture on it)

However - some people have done the second process (myCIC) already. In here, they ask for the identification page plus every page with a stamp on it (all scanned into the one file). Now remember - the second part could all change when we get more information. But it's not harm having this file ready anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

I have a quick question, i filled in everything in the IEC Application but just have to upload my scanned picture of my passort (which will be done soon i hope), i am still waiting for my Police Cert from the Garda, when do i need to submitt that police cert?? also i wish they would update how many visas are left! One last quesion, can use laser card as payment?? Thanks, best of luck to everyone!

When you get your payment verified you're then waiting for your conditional acceptance letter. At that stage a place is reserved for you in the programme and you fill out step two (the MyCIC account part) It's only at that stage that you have to upload the garda cert so I wouldn't bee too worried about that just yet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

ripcord wrote: »
    For the first process (the IEC Kompass thing) - you only need a scanned copy of the identification page of the passport (i.e. the page with your picture on it)

However - some people have done the second process (myCIC) already. In here, they ask for the identification page plus every page with a stamp on it (all scanned into the one file). Now remember - the second part could all change when we get more information. But it's not harm having this file ready anyway.

Phew thanks a mill! I was getting a bit worried about it! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

In relation to payment for the CIC part, what do you do if you are not a BOI customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Are the visas actually gone, or is that the number of people that have been issued with WTNs......

If it takes weeks to process then they couldnt be actually gone yet...and the ones refused or incomplete go back into the pile.....

This is wishful thinking on my part, but it does say weeks on the website to process......

Also, do you think you're ok having paid, but not uploading the proof part. I'm in two minds to upload a screenshot or will I wait the few days for the statement.....I also paid for mine and my boyfriends so my name will be at top and then both reference numbers at bottom....

giggii wrote: »
    When you get your payment verified you're then waiting for your conditional acceptance letter. At that stage a place is reserved for you in the programme and you fill out step two (the MyCIC account part) It's only at that stage that you have to upload the garda cert so I wouldn't bee too worried about that just yet! :)

Thanks a million, i was very worried about that cert, thought if the guards mess me up i will go mental! Thanks again! so i can use laser card as payment??

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

eight8 wrote: »
    On the Garda clearance, how long is that valid for usually? When you submit ye next section under MyCIC account it asks for your Garda clearance so if you have payment done you should be able to move into that straight away

It's valid for 3 months, thanks for that info!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Whats the story with the Port of entry? I dont have any idea which one im going to go through yet. Which should i choose??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Right, just back from AIB Bank (wanted to do it there instead to get 'proper' receipt)

Went to customer service, explained the story. She then led me over to the online banking machine!!! So basically you can do it exactly as described above.

** only thing is though (which may come back to bite people), your name, etc isn't on the online banking screen....and wouldnt be either even if the bank did it manually for you. Apparently the only way to meet all of the proof requirements..having name, acc no, etc. is to do it by bank or online, then wait for your statement in the post (or online). This will have your name, address, ref number paid to embassy, etc. and that can be scanned in.

I'm wondering if they're verified etc. does that mean they have been passed, or is it that they could turn around next week and you're either out or have to do it all again..........

By the way the Sort Code is RIGHT, its an old code they're using because the girl in the bank checked it. It went in no problem and then she checked that account to make sure it had gone in. She said that there were an awful lot of payments in there already.

I had the same issue and just outta the bank too, was worried that the info on the receipt wasn't enough so I got her to verify it by writing on it and stamping it also.
    They said if not you would have to wait for a statement and she said you really shouldn't be sending statements to them at all. I submitted mine online so just waiting for it to be verified be to get that message on the Kompass a/c

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

Right, just back from AIB Bank (wanted to do it there instead to get 'proper' receipt)

Went to customer service, explained the story. She then led me over to the online banking machine!!! So basically you can do it exactly as described above.

** only thing is though (which may come back to bite people), your name, etc isn't on the online banking screen....and wouldnt be either even if the bank did it manually for you. Apparently the only way to meet all of the proof requirements..having name, acc no, etc. is to do it by bank or online, then wait for your statement in the post (or online). This will have your name, address, ref number paid to embassy, etc. and that can be scanned in.

I'm wondering if they're verified etc. does that mean they have been passed, or is it that they could turn around next week and you're either out or have to do it all again..........

By the way the Sort Code is RIGHT, its an old code they're using because the girl in the bank checked it. It went in no problem and then she checked that account to make sure it had gone in. She said that there were an awful lot of payments in there already.

i wonder could you get them in the bank to write a headed letter with all the details on it and scan that on. would this work?
    They probably wont do it tho.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

evan2509 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the Port of entry? I dont have any idea which one im going to go through yet. Which should i choose??

was thinking that myself, looking at either Toronto or Calgary, I say go with Toronto and if it comes to it can bus or train to Calgary when I get there

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Gonna adventure off to my local AIB in a couple of mins.
    Has anyone who's used AIB confirm they've been verified?

What did you use as proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

DO NOT USE SORT CODE 93-10-47
    THIS IS AN INCORRECT SORT CODE AND PAYMENT WILL BOUNCE.
    This will only happen for BOI customers as 93-12-33 cannot be added to the online system as this branch has more than one sort code.

Any one that has used this sort code your payment will be rejected possibly by Friday.
    Not sure what the process will be then with the embassy after that.

Thank you, who ever posted the incorrect sort code :mad:
    And thank you also bank of Ireland for your flawed system :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

WasterEx wrote: »
    Gonna adventure off to my local AIB in a couple of mins.
    Has anyone who's used AIB confirm they've been verified?

What did you use as proof?

I went down to AIB and transferred the money in cash. She just gave me that little stub im assuming that the account name and number etc is for the Canadian Embassy so all those details are on the stub. The only thing that wasnt on it was the WTN ref but I just wrote that at the bottom and scanned it in. Still haven't gotten confirmation but I only did it about an hour ago. Im guessing I wont get confirmation until its morning in Toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

On a serious note, What is the story with the port of entry!! does it have to be where you will enter? I have no idea where I will go yet and i dont want to fill it out yet if its necessary to pick the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

This will only happen for BOI customers as 93-12-33 cannot be added to the online system as this branch has more than one sort code.

Any one that has used this sort code your payment will be rejected possibly by Friday.

Where did you get the information that the payment will bounce from?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

I had the same issue and just outta the bank too, was worried that the info on the receipt wasn't enough so I got her to verify it by writing on it and stamping it also.
    They said if not you would have to wait for a statement and she said you really shouldn't be sending statements to them at all. I submitted mine online so just waiting for it to be verified be to get that message on the Kompass a/c

I done the exact same wrote down the details the required and she stamped it on the receipt

evan2509 wrote: »
    On a serious note, What is the story with the port of entry!! does it have to be where you will enter? I have no idea where I will go yet and i dont want to fill it out yet if its necessary to pick the right one.

I think they want it on their system to know where your going but i am sure you can always change your mind.

• Advertisement

Karbolt wrote: »
    Where did you get the information that the payment will bounce from?

I rang BOI this morning, they told me they could not alter the sort code on the payment as it had already been sent.
    She told me to ring AIB grafton st to see if they could alter the incoming payment there as the two sort codes originate at that branch.

The girl in AIB grafton st, told me that the payment would bounce as it had the wrong sort code and the money would be back in my account when this happened.
    She said the payment will be processed today or tomorrow, most likely bounce tomorrow and money should be back in my account friday or next week.

The girl in AIB claimed the fault was with BOI for not allowing the input of the correst sort code.
    The girl in BOI said that there was no reason that the correct sort code could not be input and i must have done something wrong!

Either way, this is a warning for anyone esle finding themselves in this situation this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I rang boi about not being able to add payee and they said they need to add the Canadian embassy on a verified list not sure how long it takes, boi customer service said they are waiting on the embassy to get back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I rang BOI this morning, they told me they could not alter the sort code on the payment as it had already been sent.
    She told me to ring AIB grafton st to see if they could alter the incoming payment there as the two sort codes originate at that branch.

The girl in AIB grafton st, told me that the payment would bounce as it had the wrong sort code and the money would be back in my account when this happened.
    She said the payment will be processed today or tomorrow, most likely bounce tomorrow and money should be back in my account friday or next week.

The girl in AIB claimed the fault was with BOI for not allowing the input of the correst sort code.
    The girl in BOI said that there was no reason that the correct sort code could not be input and i must have done something wrong!

Either way, this is a warning for anyone esle finding themselves in this situation this morning

I just rang AIB and they said that the sort code for AIB Grafton Street is no longer 93-12-33, that it is 93-10-47, so I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Apologies for quoting another poster in reference to wrong BOI sort codes. I have deleted the message I quoted.

I just rang AIB and they said that the sort code for AIB Grafton Street is no longer 93-12-33, that it is 93-10-47, so I dunno.

I hope that is the case but i doubt it, i actually rang the Grafton St branch and the girl stated they had a number of live sort codes for that branch.
    Maybe some one can ring her again see if she spouts the same claim for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

So much conflicting information flying around :/

I asked one of the AIB staff about this when I went to make my payment this morning, she said that while the sort code that you get online is indeed the current sort code, the bank account of the embassy still uses the old one.... using the sort code on the form worked for me no bother, just waiting for verification now...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

I know ya, I worked somewhere before though and if people sent in statements they just blacked out everything else except what was required. I just hope I won't have an issue with my name being at the top of both of the payments. I might write a note beside it........there was no third party box.....

I can't understand why they can't print statements, etc in the bank!!!!!!! And the Embassy should know what generally shows up on the bank stuff.....they're only making more work for themselves really....

Let us know when that comes through for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I hope that is the case but i doubt it, i actually rang the Grafton St branch and the girl stated they had a number of live sort codes for that branch.
    Maybe some one can ring her again see if she spouts the same claim for them.

Yeah I rang the Branch directly, as I thought they might know more. The guy wouldn't give me the Embassy information, so I asked him for the branch sort code (he said 93-10-47) and enquired have they ever had another sort code 93-12-33? He said yes.

• Advertisement

I know ya, I worked somewhere before though and if people sent in statements they just blacked out everything else except what was required. I just hope I won't have an issue with my name being at the top of both of the payments. I might write a note beside it........there was no third party box.....

I can't understand why they can't print statements, etc in the bank!!!!!!! And the Embassy should know what generally shows up on the bank stuff.....they're only making more work for themselves really....

Let us know when that comes through for you..

I don't know if applies to every branch, but the aib I was in had the kiosk, where you got a proper receipt after payment...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement