Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Guys i was just wondering would the garda cert from last year be ok for the iec,also would they still have it on record?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Guys i was just wondering would the garda cert from last year be ok for the iec,also would they still have it on record?
    I think it has to be no older than 3 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Yeah I rang the Branch directly, as I thought they might know more. The guy wouldn't give me the Embassy information, so I asked him for the branch sort code (he said 93-10-47) and enquired have they ever had another sort code 93-12-33? He said yes.

The girl might have been more junior then, as she said the account information i had (ie the details sent in the email) were correct details for the embassy. I see she probably shouldnt have given this out now, so maybe she doesnt really know what is happening.

Did the guy say your payment would go through ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

The girl might have been more junior then, as she said the account information i had (ie the details sent in the email) were correct details for the embassy. I see she probably shouldnt have given this out now, so maybe she doesnt really know what is happening.

Did the guy say your payment would go through ok?

He couldn't say either way as he told me he couldn't give out their information. He was a pain in the whole in that regard. Break the rules maaan!! (not obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Back from AIB, that was fairly simple, I used the kiosk machine and did a bank transfer on that and it printed out a big fat receipt after :)

• Advertisement

He couldn't say either way as he told me he couldn't give out their information. He was a pain in the whole in that regard. Break the rules maaan!! (not obviously)

Oh i'd say he is some craic!
    So are we to bombard grafton st with calls then till someone breaks and we find out the answer, or wait till either, some who used the 93-10-47 sort payment gets verified, or the money is returned in our accounts next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

WasterEx wrote: »
    Back from AIB, that was fairly simple, I used the kiosk machine and did a bank transfer on that and it printed out a big fat receipt after :)

What's on it though?
    I did it in kiosk too, but all it has is location of bank, account debited, account credited, date and amount.....
    and recent transactions online has 'kiosk', so hoping the statement will have the reference number...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Oh i'd say he is some craic!
    So are we to bombard grafton st with calls then till someone breaks and we find out the answer, or wait till either, some who used the 93-10-47 sort payment gets verified, or the money is returned in our accounts next week?

dmags posted this last night:

Originally Posted by dmags viewpost.gif
    Hi guys, i saw a few posts regarding using BoI. I used my 365 online account. I went in and added IEC as a payee;
    Payee Name: Canadian Embassy
    Payee Account Number: 41489092
    Payee National Sort Code: 93-10-47 (note: the letter said 93-12-33 but it wouldn't work. I googled it and got this one instead)
    Reference: IE-xxxxxx
    Description: IEC Canada (this is your personal statement reference)

After I added them, I transferred the 120 euro and then up popped a confirmation page:
    "Confirmation
    eur 120.00 has been paid from (your account) ~ xxxx to Canadian Embassy, Account: 41489092"

SAVE THIS PAGE!!
    I attached this page in a message to them and they verified it for me a few hours later. All good smile.png

EDIT: I would actually think this would apply for any bank if you do it online

The new sort code was used and it was verified last night??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,453 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Once you upload your passport scan and all that, do you have to pay straight away? What do you do if you are not with AIB???????

fifi2008 wrote: »
    What's on it though?
    I did it in kiosk too, but all it has is location of bank, account debited, account credited, date and amount.....
    and recent transactions online has 'kiosk', so hoping the statement will have the reference number...

The receipt you get from the kiosk will do.

It has the National Sort Code and account number and the amount transferred. It also has the date on when the funds were transferred. I'd be really surprised if that was rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

fifi2008 wrote: »

What's on it though?
    I wrote down all the info they were looking for on the receipt then got the bank to stamp it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

krudler wrote: »
    yeah just fill out the address as it is normally, guess its for people who have po boxes or temp addresses

As long as you fill in the street number, it allows you to not enter a PO box.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

eeeek, 3800 places left! thats madness, hoe its just a big day one panic and dies off, will get it sorted later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

krudler wrote: »
    eeeek, 3800 places left! thats madness, hoe its just a big day one panic and dies off, will get it sorted later
    That is pretty amazing alright

dmags posted this last night:

Originally Posted by dmags viewpost.gif
    Hi guys, i saw a few posts regarding using BoI. I used my 365 online account. I went in and added IEC as a payee;
    Payee Name: Canadian Embassy
    Payee Account Number: 41489092
    Payee National Sort Code: 93-10-47 (note: the letter said 93-12-33 but it wouldn't work. I googled it and got this one instead)
    Reference: IE-xxxxxx
    Description: IEC Canada (this is your personal statement reference)

After I added them, I transferred the 120 euro and then up popped a confirmation page:
    "Confirmation
    eur 120.00 has been paid from (your account) ~ xxxx to Canadian Embassy, Account: 41489092"

SAVE THIS PAGE!!
    I attached this page in a message to them and they verified it for me a few hours later. All good smile.png

EDIT: I would actually think this would apply for any bank if you do it online

The new sort code was used and it was verified last night??

Ah, I had not realised that the payment had been verified as there was no response to the question at the end.
    Hence my panic and reason for ringing the banks this morning, who confirmed my fears. But now i am questioning how much the staff at aib actually know. Has anyone else had their payment verified or is it just dmags?

They are going at an insane rate

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

makita wrote: »
    I wrote down all the info they were looking for on the receipt then got the bank to stamp it

I went into AIB and they told me to just fill out a lodgement slip. I got a crappy till receipt will almost none of the required info so I did as you suggested and wrote the details on it and got yer man to stamp/sign it. I really hope it's ok along with the lodgement stub.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

hi guys,so am i correct in thinking to have one of those spots allocated to you, you have to do the following.

set up the IEC kompass account and fill out everything, then upload your passport photo.

send those details off, then get the WTN and then make the 120 euro payment?

Is this coorect? If so what happens after that?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

nearly 2.500 gone in 22 hours that is crazy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

So whats the craic lads, did most people use the sort code they give 93-12-33 or did you's use the other one? Bit of a joke if they give out the wrong sort code. I just checked my scanned reciept from last year to see which it was but last year it was an IBAN and swift code they give you

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    nearly 2.500 gone in 22 hours that is crazy:D

when do ppl wreckon they will be completely gone?

At this rate the weekend! I still have to scan in the passport and pay, want to get it done by 6, am stuck in work till 5!

who knows mate at this rate Friday but i am sure it will slow down . i will say deffo be gone by end of march.

Well I'd say about 35% of the people who apply will make a mistake and the quota will be topped up again. You're looking at the middle of next week.

wasterex dont say that buddy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Having problems with my bank card. But have my application sent through, says If they haven't received payment by the 9th of February my application will be cancelled. So as long as I pay by the 9th im ok????

i cant see it filling out before end of february

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

how long were people waiting for their payment to be verified?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

so say if someone does make a mistake what happens then? are you out of the running and would have to reapply as quick as you can before they are all gone? it might be different now that is all online..does anyone truely know what will happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Has anyone who paid this morning got a response yet? I paid at half 8 and submitted the receipt but haven't heard anything yet - I'm be beginning to panic that i did something wrong.

Anyone received confirmation of payment who paid earlier today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement