Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

Anyone else still waiting for an email to say payment has been received??

hi princess yeah im still waiting for mine to come back confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

Ugh very annoying. I think I made a mistake on the payment page too so I emailed them explaining it. Hopefully I won't be put back to the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Hi all,
    I'm thinking about going next year (literally the start of January 2014).

Not sure if I should be applying now for the IEC visa? Given that it probably won't be open for 2014 until the end of Jan next year?

I'm confused....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 UpperEastSide

WasterEx wrote: »
    Yup.

Me too, also waiting to see if payment has been accepted. Slightly worried as it was a bit of an ordeal as I'm not with AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Hi all,
    I'm thinking about going next year (literally the start of January 2014).

Not sure if I should be applying now for the IEC visa? Given that it probably won't be open for 2014 until the end of Jan next year?

I'm confused....:confused:

you should have 12 months from the time your issued your acceptance letter, lets guess that will be on march 1st. then you can arrive and start your two year stay up until the last day of apr 2014. so yeah you should go for this years one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

adamski8 wrote: »
    you should have 12 months from the time your issued your acceptance letter, lets guess that will be on march 1st. then you can arrive and start your two year stay up until the last day of apr 2014. so yeah you should go for this years one

Thanks! How long do I have? My passport needs renewing (6 months left on it), so could be a few weeks til it gets sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Thanks! How long do I have? My passport needs renewing (6 months left on it), so could be a few weeks til it gets sorted...

It's hard to tell, like there seems to be a load gone already, on the other hand this could just be the initial rush and the demand could start dwindling down and visas could still be available in a month or two...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

hi guys,so am i correct in thinking to have one of those spots allocated to you, you have to do the following.

set up the IEC kompass account and fill out everything, then upload your passport photo.

send those details off, then get the WTN and then make the 120 euro payment?

Is this coorect? If so what happens after that?

Thanks!

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

This is probably a stupid question but in regard to the Working Holiday places left at the minute its 3600 and something.

Are these the number of applications left or the number of visas left??

I started my application but I need to get my passport number, won't get my hands on it for a few days. Is it safe if I wait a few days? Or is it a case of you didn't get your stuff in quick enough, tough luck you lost your place??

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

In my employment history they look for the past 5 years of employment but iv been working for the past 3 years and the 2 before that i was in college, any ideas what to put down?

• Advertisement

ladybird23 wrote: »
    In my employment history they look for the past 5 years of employment but iv been working for the past 3 years and the 2 before that i was in college, any ideas what to put down?

what you just put down

You just put down any details of employment, if you don't have a full 5 years work you don't put it down. That's just for people who have more than that to lower processing times etc...

what you just put down

ok so I put down college in my employment history? Thanks for the quick reply :)

ok so I put down college in my employment history? Thanks for the quick reply :)

No, you put your college stuff in the education section and your work and only your work in the employment section.

giggii wrote: »
    You just put down any details of employment, if you don't have a full 5 years work you don't put it down. That's just for people who have more than that to lower processing times etc...

Oh right, I understand now, cheers!

where is the payment piece on the kompass application form?i dont see it, i see contact,education etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

where is the payment piece on the kompass application form?i dont see it, i see contact,education etc?
    You won't see it until you send the application (personal info, education etc.) through.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Question for ye....

Passport says place of birth Longford, however when filling out the garda check form, put down Mullingar (as that was the hospital) - concern is now that place of birth will be confusing to the IEC.

In the online Kompass application, he put Longford in here to match passport.

Garda check only took from Monday until today to come out, so pretty quick turnaround, should he just re-apply for a new one and put Longford as place of birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

I submitted proof of payment around 13:30 and it now says: "Participation Fees and Proof of Payment Verified" so I guess I'm good then and onto the next step!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    I submitted proof of payment around 13:30 and it now says: "Participation Fees and Proof of Payment
    Verified" so I guess I'm good then and onto the next step!

Sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

Has anyone who paid this morning got a response yet? I paid at half 8 and submitted the receipt but haven't heard anything yet - I'm be beginning to panic that i did something wrong.

Anyone received confirmation of payment who paid earlier today?

You do realize that these applications are being processed in Ottawa which is 5 hours behind? So not a fear of processing for Wednesday starting before 1PM Irish Time.....

I submitted proof of payment around 13:30 and it now says: "Participation Fees and Proof of Payment Verified" so I guess I'm good then and onto the next step!

whats the next step?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

God dammit! I got mine in earlier than that and I got nothing. You AIB by any chance?

You won't see it until you send the application (personal info, education etc.) through.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Im just inputting my education and employment details. Do they really need the exact dates?
    I cant remember exactly when I started and finished and not sure how I would find out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

Payment verified. I've been waiting since 11.30. Anyone know how long the next step will take??

Payment verified. I've been waiting since 11.30. Anyone know how long the next step will take??

is the next step receiving a letter or something???

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I think they just verified a whole batch as the numbers dropped again.

What method of payment did you use?? Online or into the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Right so BOI can't lodge into an AIB account, and I don't have an AIB account. I was told it would probably be quicker to just go to AIB with cash, but the form says that your proof of payment needs your account number and financial institution, so just going in with cash wouldn't give me a receipt with those on it. Anybody have this problem?

don't know if anyone replied to you, I am with BOI so went to AIB with cash. I got AIB to write on headed letter the details required and stamp it official and also stapled the lodgemnt slip to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

I just used the slip at the side of the lodgement form wrote my name an reference number on the bottom should that be ok? its what they told me to do in the bank anyway...
    I dunno should i just validate and hope for the the best r what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement