Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

I went into the bank. It says the next step is IEC assessment but I don't know what that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

I went into the bank. It says the next step is IEC assessment but I don't know what that is.

They're literally checking your application to see if you're eligible. If so, you'll be issued your Conditional Offer and it's onto step 2 for you! :)

Been waiting since 11 and nothing yet... This is getting annoying... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

God dammit! I got mine in earlier than that and I got nothing. You AIB by any chance?

Yeah I'm with AIB, paid in the bank with a lodgement slip. I was a bit worried about the crap till receipt they gave me as proof, all looks ok now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

whats the myCIC account i read about a few days, is that step 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

When your payment was verified they sent you a message in your IKompass mailbox. Did you read that? It has all the information you need for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm with AIB, paid in the bank with a lodgement slip. I was a bit worried about the crap till receipt they gave me as proof, all looks ok now though.

**** it, I paid online.. I'll probably be waiting ages for it to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    I submitted proof of payment around 13:30 and it now says: "Participation Fees and Proof of Payment Verified" so I guess I'm good then and onto the next step!

Just wondering what reference number you used? I put the full WTN and then copped after you should only put IE and the last 6 digits. Blonde. Copped ten mins later but paid cash in AIB and they said it goes through straight away so ref can't be changed.

Also hit proof of payment date in the submitting part as 23rd Jan instead of today 30th Jan. Bleached blonde. Hope this doesn't slow me! I left a message saying what I'd done straight away so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Finally got mine away, passport scan and paid. If anyone has any questions about payment just yell. Awaiting confirmation now.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Do they send you an email when your payment is verified? I submitted my receipt last night but used the wrong sort code (BOI) and still no confirmation, wonder how long before they let you know if the payment bounced. Hope it's not too late by then but judging by how quickly the visa quota is decreasing It's not looking too promising!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im gonna try and pay my fee no on Permanent TSB open24 . Anyone tried it with them on got through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

meelyb wrote: »
    Just wondering what reference number you used? I put the full WTN and then copped after you should only put IE and the last 6 digits. Blonde. Copped ten mins later but paid cash in AIB and they said it goes through straight away so ref can't be changed.

Also hit proof of payment date in the submitting part as 23rd Jan instead of today 30th Jan. Bleached blonde. Hope this doesn't slow me! I left a message saying what I'd done straight away so we'll see.

I used the refernce number given. 93-12-33. Worked perfect. As for the error in your payment section I cant say.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

evan2509 wrote: »
    Finally got mine away, passport scan and paid. If anyone has any questions about payment just yell. Awaiting confirmation now.

did you pay online? what bank did you pay with?

evan2509 wrote: »
    I used the refernce number given. 93-12-33. Worked perfect. As for the error in your payment section I cant say.
    Thanks Evan. By reference number- you mean you put the long one (like HQ-IE-13-WP 123442)?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I put the full WTN and then copped after you should only put IE and the last 6 digits.

That shouldn't be a problem, they only did that as last year a lot of people couldn't fit the full number in due to constraints (I think the WTN might have been longer too, it had LDN at the start as well)

So yeah you should be fine on that problem.

Is the money going to the Candian Embassy in Dublin or London? Its a question im asked on my online banking , which country is the money being transfered to

Sync wrote: »
    That shouldn't be a problem, they only did that as last year a lot of people couldn't fit the full number in due to constraints (I think the WTN might have been longer too, it had LDN at the start as well)

So yeah you should be fine on that problem.

Thanks Sync :) Was just a little worried having read stuff about payment issues here last year. I wasn't sure if they will be very exact on how they want it this year. As in, if you find a ref number with 6 digits they can quickly verify your payment. But if the details are a little off it might go to a pile that needs investigating and so may be rejected. I assume with the volume of requests they will have to draw the line on 'errors' somehwere. Anyway, tis done now. Good luck everyone, will post when (if?!) me or my other half get our payments verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Still don't understand why they wouldn't just allow us to pay by credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Guys,I've just seen they've opened the visa. I can't get mine done until tomorrow money wise etc,I'm worried they will all be gone. Almost half are gone already.

Do u reckon I will still get it tomorrow? Don't have a clue what to do with paying it? How much is it?
    Could anyone PM on what to do,sorry for being such a t_rd I'm underslept and panicking to the back of my bllz
    HELP

Is the money going to the Candian Embassy in Dublin or London? Its a question im asked on my online banking , which country is the money being transfered to

Dublin, their account is in AIB on Grafton street.

Dublin, their account is in AIB on Grafton street.

Ha cheers, yea didnt cop with me it was dublin even though they gave the address . Silly me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Weathering wrote: »
    Guys,I've just seen they've opened the visa. I can't get mine done until tomorrow money wise etc,I'm worried they will all be gone. Almost half are gone already.

Do u reckon I will still get it tomorrow? Don't have a clue what to do with paying it? How much is it?
    Could anyone PM on what to do,sorry for being such a t_rd I'm underslept and panicking to the back of my bllz
    HELP
    I will PM you in an hour or so if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

HELP

Take a breather man, they won't be gone by tomorrow ;) It's 120 Euro to participate, no one knows what price the visa costs atm.

Ha cheers, yea didnt cop with me it was dublin even though they gave the address . Silly me

Blind panic makes it hard to see ;)
    Made two mini bloopers myself so easily done under the circumstances!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Adam We

Do we know when IEC counts your application into the visas currently allocated?

Is it after you get you WTN number after stage 1 or after your proof of payment is verified?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

HELP

There will some left after the rush is over after these couple of days.
    I am willing to bet there will be lots returned as well based on what I have been reading people are doing online.

Read this and you will be good

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

Adam We wrote: »
    Do we know when IEC counts your application into the visas currently allocated?

Is it after you get you WTN number after stage 1 or after your proof of payment is verified?

I would guess when payment is verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

I did a transfer from my Ulster Bank account. There is no Payment reference number on the receipt. I thought it was the Authorisation Number but i dont think it is now. Anyone else form Ulster Bank sort this out yet?

HELP

You'll be fine. The remaining quota cannot be final. I'm sure it's a clock of who has got to the IEC assessment stage. OBV I don't know but, in logical terms, they will need time to go throught the applications so they may reduce the counter for each application while it's being fully assessed. They can't assess at the rate people are applying. Also, there may be errors. Someone said rejected applications take weeks to come back so the quota may increase.

Payment sent , Now to wait

• Advertisement

I did a transfer from my Ulster Bank account. There is no Payment reference number on the receipt. I thought it was the Authorisation Number but i dont think it is now. Anyone else form Ulster Bank sort this out yet?

I went into Ulster Bank, showed what I needed in the receipt. The account that I was paying from uses my atm card so she asked me to insert the atm card into the credit card/atm card reader at the kiosk. This allowed her to put my name, reference no etc. onto the receipt.

I don't know if this will help you but you might have to go into Ulster bank and get them to redo a receipt with what you need on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement