Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

Has anyone who paid this morning got a response yet? I paid at half 8 and submitted the receipt but haven't heard anything yet - I'm be beginning to panic that i did something wrong.

Anyone received confirmation of payment who paid earlier today?

No I'm the exact same, paid and submitted receipt at approx 11am and still waiting for verification! Sheer back log and time difference is say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

for the passport scan for the IEC app are there any particular dimensions required? they dont say as far as i can see but i dont want to mess it up

also is this talk of them being gone by tomorrow as laughable as it sounds??

Grrr,

6.3k down to 3.5k places in 48 hours.

Can't apply till Friday & passport's a 2 hour bus journey away then. And I'm working Saturday.

Enjoy Canada lads, I'll be surprised if I can join ye >:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

I went into Ulster Bank, showed what I needed in the receipt. The account that I was paying from uses my atm card so she asked me to insert the atm card into the credit card/atm card reader at the kiosk. This allowed her to put my name, reference no etc. onto the receipt.

I don't know if this will help you but you might have to go into Ulster bank and get them to redo a receipt with what you need on it.

I did the same but when i asked about the payment reference number she pointed at the payee reference number and said that was what they would see. I was in a hurry so didnt give it much thought. It has everything except that Payment reference number. I have the Payee reference but thats just my WTN so i dont imagine thats what they are looking for is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Anyone else waiting 4+ hours for payment verification? Submitted mine at 11am and no sign yet... I'm with AIB and I did it through the bank...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

giggii wrote: »
    I don't know if applies to every branch, but the aib I was in had the kiosk, where you got a proper receipt after payment...
    WasterEx wrote: »
    Back from AIB, that was fairly simple, I used the kiosk machine and did a bank transfer on that and it printed out a big fat receipt after :)
    fifi2008 wrote: »
    What's on it though?
    I did it in kiosk too, but all it has is location of bank, account debited, account credited, date and amount.....
    and recent transactions online has 'kiosk', so hoping the statement will have the reference number...
    The receipt you get from the kiosk will do.

It has the National Sort Code and account number and the amount transferred. It also has the date on when the funds were transferred. I'd be really surprised if that was rejected.

Yea I got that crappyity receipt too. I wrote my name and the WTN (shortened) on it.
    makita wrote: »
    I wrote down all the info they were looking for on the receipt then got the bank to stamp it

I wish I'd thought to get the bank to stamp it, but I was home before I decided to write on it. Meh tis done and uploaded now, can but wait.
    cuterob wrote: »
    so say if someone does make a mistake what happens then? are you out of the running and would have to reapply as quick as you can before they are all gone? it might be different now that is all online..does anyone truely know what will happen?

They won't notify you if they have pulled you (for a mistake) til April 1st this year, which I think is a bit shítty on the people for whom it happens (but I assume it is to streamline the process for everyone else) so the chances of re-applying I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 locoo

After you complete the initial 8 step process of Kompass, what happens next?

You pay immediately? then what? provide Police clearance? Do you have a place more or less reserved once you have paid provided that your application is in tact?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Anyone else waiting 4+ hours for payment verification? Submitted mine at 11am and no sign yet... I'm with AIB and I did it through the bank...
    Yup same as waiting sinve 11.30

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

I did the same but when i asked about the payment reference number she pointed at the payee reference number and said that was what they would see. I was in a hurry so didnt give it much thought. It has everything except that Payment reference number. I have the Payee reference but thats just my WTN so i dont imagine thats what they are looking for is it?
    mines has:

My Name

payee name: Gov of Canada
    payee account: their account
    payee reference: IE- 00****
    funding account: my account
    debit date: 30-1-13
    credit date: 31-1-13
    charge: €0
    payment ammount: €120
    Authorisation code: *****

If yours is the same it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Take a breather man, they won't be gone by tomorrow ;) It's 120 Euro to participate, no one knows what price the visa costs atm.

Do you think there'll be another charge in the visa application process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Anyone?

I have all my application filled in but my passport number and passport scanned.

Is my application safe to wait a few days? Or am I best off to do a mad dash home tonight and scan it and send it off tomorrow....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Think about it. They will see WTN which is unique to you. Then they will know you have paid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Thanks for the feedback lads,that pm would be great whenever your free
    Hopefully I get it all sorted tomorrow,Australia was a lot handier by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

hegarty147 wrote: »
    Yup same as waiting sinve 11.30

Been waiting since 9 this morning :(

mines has:

My Name

payee name: Gov of Canada
    payee account: their account
    payee reference: IE- 00****
    funding account: my account
    debit date: 30-1-13
    credit date: 31-1-13
    charge: €0
    payment ammount: €120
    Authorisation code: *****

If yours is the same it should be ok.

Yeah mines the same. So on the site when you were filling in the page for Proof of Payment, what did you put in Payment reference number?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I'm waiting since 1pm, my boyfriend is waiting since 10am... both with different banks and both done online.

Yeah mines the same. So on the site when you were filling in the page for Proof of Payment, what did you put in Payment reference number?

I put IE-00****. I don't know if it is correct though.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

I done same as you mate aslong as they have our WTN no der shouldnt be a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

**** i never shortened my reference number going to have to go in a change it rage.:/
    so there's no defiant answer as to what the Proof of Payment reference number is? i am with ulster bank also.
    Payee Name
    Payee account
    Payee Reference. which i have to change as i wrote my long WTN number:(
    Funding account.
    Debit Date
    Credit Date
    Charge
    Payment amount
    Authorization Code

Anything i am missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I did the same - and my payment was verified.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

When they recieve the money do you get an email or do you get a PM on your Kompass acount?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

BFassassin wrote: »
    Im just inputting my education and employment details. Do they really need the exact dates?
    I cant remember exactly when I started and finished and not sure how I would find out either.
    Anyone?

ripcord wrote: »
    I did the same - and my payment was verified.

Cool. Cheers lads. Just done it there. How long did it take to get verified?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Cool. Cheers lads. Just done it there. How long did it take to get verified?

About one and a half hours. But that was yesterday evening, just after the site came back online. I'd say the delay today is due to the large volume of applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

saggart26 wrote: »
    The state of panic on this thread is ridiculous. I wired the funds using the sort code listed on the application form. I find it hard to believe that they would give an incorrect/invalid sort code. Can someone please tell if their payment was approved using the advised sort code 93-12-33?

The sort code they gave is correct.
    The problem is that any BOI customer cannot transfer funds to this sort code, as the branch has merged, and the new sort code for the merged bank is different. For some reason The new sort code is the only one the BOI system can access.
    When i contacted the grafton branch earlier about using the new sort code with the original account number the girl said the payment would be rejected as they would not match.

The solution is to pay the fee through an AIB branch.

The staff at the branch in BOI, suggested trying to use the international transfer online. But in doing so Ireland is not available on the drop down menu for country of bank, so this is also not possible.

It may be fairly simple for you who do not have to deal with BOI, or those of you who are lucky enough to have access to more than one bank where you live.
    But i can assure you it is not so for the rest of us.
    I should have just used my english account and saved me this headache

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    **** i never shortened my reference number going to have to go in a change it rage.:/
    so there's no defiant answer as to what the Proof of Payment reference number is? i am with ulster bank also.
    Payee Name
    Payee account
    Payee Reference. which i have to change as i wrote my long WTN number:(
    Funding account.
    Debit Date
    Credit Date
    Charge
    Payment amount
    Authorization Code

Anything i am missing?

Yes, the transaction reference number, but we all are (Ulster bank users)!
    I won't matter though as Ripcord's was verified without that reference number.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

philo87 wrote: »
    I just used the slip at the side of the lodgement form wrote my name an reference number on the bottom should that be ok? its what they told me to do in the bank anyway...
    I dunno should i just validate and hope for the the best r what?
    h

I got the lodgement reciept but thought it might be wrong, so when i got home I rang go4less and they told me it was incorrect. So I went back to the bank and cancelled the lodgment now im doing myself over the internet.

The second time I went up to bank, the girl in AIB rang go4less and still wasnt sure what too do:eek::mad: The girl was as helpful as can be but ****ing hell.!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

passport scanned, so do i submit that then get the reference for the payment for what to put as a reference number on the transfer? how long did that take?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

I have a feeling that if you use the IBAN/Swift code instead of NSC and A/c number, it takes a bit longer.
    AIB's online banking allows you to do either.

I went down the IBAN route, the money's been taken out of my account, but no confirmation so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

just got verified uploaded receipt at 11.30 today in aib kiosk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement