Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

makita wrote: »
    just got verified uploaded receipt at 11.30 today in aib kiosk

hey what did you upload just a lodgement recipt thats what aib grafton street said would work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Shalamov wrote: »
    I have a feeling that if you use the IBAN/Swift code instead of NSC and A/c number, it takes a bit longer.
    AIB's online banking allows you to do either.

I went down the IBAN route, the money's been taken out of my account, but no confirmation so far

Doing it now myself, Ill go that route so:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Karbolt wrote: »
    Do they send you an email when your payment is verified? I submitted my receipt last night but used the wrong sort code (BOI) and still no confirmation, wonder how long before they let you know if the payment bounced. Hope it's not too late by then but judging by how quickly the visa quota is decreasing It's not looking too promising!

I'm in the same boat, am abroad at the moment and did it online with BOI and the sort code someone had up here, still no verification. Did it about 6am Irish time. Who was it that had their payment verified that put up the details of the other sort code? Has anyone else got their payment verified this way?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

hegarty147 wrote: »
    hey what did you upload just a lodgement recipt thats what aib grafton street said would work ?

Do u mean the lodgement receipt when u pay at the desk? Thats wat i have. Dunno is it right tho but its wat they said would work when i was in aib. They said once u ave the IE 00**** on the lodgement slip that is wat will come up. Bt i dunno!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

bearhugs wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, am abroad at the moment and did it online with BOI and the sort code someone had up here, still no verification. Did it about 6am Irish time. Who was it that had their payment verified that put up the details of the other sort code? Has anyone else got their payment verified this way?

dmags apparently, this was posted last night:

Originally Posted by dmags viewpost.gif
    Hi guys, i saw a few posts regarding using BoI. I used my 365 online account. I went in and added IEC as a payee;
    Payee Name: Canadian Embassy
    Payee Account Number: 41489092
    Payee National Sort Code: 93-10-47 (note: the letter said 93-12-33 but it wouldn't work. I googled it and got this one instead)
    Reference: IE-xxxxxx
    Description: IEC Canada (this is your personal statement reference)

After I added them, I transferred the 120 euro and then up popped a confirmation page:
    "Confirmation
    eur 120.00 has been paid from (your account) ~ xxxx to Canadian Embassy, Account: 41489092"

SAVE THIS PAGE!!
    I attached this page in a message to them and they verified it for me a few hours later. All good smile.png

EDIT: I would actually think this would apply for any bank if you do it online

• Advertisement

philo87 wrote: »
    Do u mean the lodgement receipt when u pay at the desk? Thats wat i have. Dunno is it right tho but its wat they said would work when i was in aib. They said once u ave the IE 00**** on the lodgement slip that is wat will come up. Bt i dunno!!

yup thats it same as me ...still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

giggii wrote: »
    They're literally checking your application to see if you're eligible. If so, you'll be issued your Conditional Offer and it's onto step 2 for you! :)

Been waiting since 11 and nothing yet... This is getting annoying... :/

Wooh happy days. I think people are getting them at different times cos they are assigned to different people in the office and its at their discretion as to when they check your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

bearhugs wrote: »

Yeah I sent them my receipt around 3am Irish time and still have nothing back from them! Raging with myself for using the other sort code now. I haven't heard anyone else apart from that person getting verified using that sort code.

Working Holiday places remaining: 3,405

Was expecting them to go fast but not this fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BFassassin
    Im just inputting my education and employment details. Do they really need the exact dates?
    I cant remember exactly when I started and finished and not sure how I would find out either.

Anyone?

I just put in 1st Sept until end June on the relevant years! 1st Sept just happened to be a monday too which was handy!

Don't remember my exact dates either!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

ripcord wrote: »
    When your payment was verified they sent you a message in your IKompass mailbox. Did you read that? It has all the information you need for the time being.

I never got an email from them after it was verified. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BFassassin
    Im just inputting my education and employment details. Do they really need the exact dates?
    I cant remember exactly when I started and finished and not sure how I would find out either.

Anyone?

I just put in 1st Sept until end June on the relevant years! 1st Sept just happened to be a monday too which was handy!

Don't remember my exact dates either!

No they dont need exact daets i doubt. I done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

yup thats it same as me ...still waiting

Have uploaded and saved bt havnt verified My bank account details are the only thing that is missing on it bt wrote my WTN number and name at the bottom. Did you do that

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

dmags apparently, this was posted last night:

Originally Posted by dmags viewpost.gif
    Hi guys, i saw a few posts regarding using BoI. I used my 365 online account. I went in and added IEC as a payee;
    Payee Name: Canadian Embassy
    Payee Account Number: 41489092
    Payee National Sort Code: 93-10-47 (note: the letter said 93-12-33 but it wouldn't work. I googled it and got this one instead)
    Reference: IE-xxxxxx
    Description: IEC Canada (this is your personal statement reference)

After I added them, I transferred the 120 euro and then up popped a confirmation page:
    "Confirmation
    eur 120.00 has been paid from (your account) ~ xxxx to Canadian Embassy, Account: 41489092"

SAVE THIS PAGE!!
    I attached this page in a message to them and they verified it for me a few hours later. All good smile.png

EDIT: I would actually think this would apply for any bank if you do it online

Ok my husband sent his payment and uploaded his proof of payment from the ulster bank. We are in Canada at the moment. So had to do it online. Did it at about 5am Irish time. He hasn't received any confirmation back from the IEC yet to confirm. Should we be worried?
    Also the Ulsterbank didn't include a ref number as they requested. Will this be ok?
    Is there anyway to check if there is a problem does anyone know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

I am with BOI so from my reading of this forum I cannot using banking 365 as the sort code is not available, I have an AIB acc but no card or reader so I dont think I can use the kiosk in the branch as I dont have a card and I cannot do it online as no reader, does anyone have suggestions, I think my only option is to fill out the complete lodgement slip, photocopy it, go back to bank and ask them to stamp it or something for me, anyone in the same boat, ie a BOI customer
    I dont have an Ulster bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

no i done a transfer as i bank with aib anyway on the receipt it just had the date the 120 euro their account number and sort code, so i wrote the rest of the details they were looking for on the receipt and got the bank to stamp it

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

Can someone PLEASE answer my question?

Im going to pay with Aib Online banking tonight...

Is their anything I need to know or is it straightforward? I ask because I've seen some ppl complaining about online and some saying they've been successful.. can anyone guide me in the right direction?Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HS123

sent payment receipt at 7.30 this morning

My IEC page still says
    You have 1 new message(s) in My Messages

but it is the email re payment which i have already uploaded - says status unread

anyone else have this? should i be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Can anyone tell me where id get the Payment reference number they are looking for in the proof section in the my iec application? Thanks

makita wrote: »
    no i done a transfer as i bank with aib anyway on the receipt it just had the date the 120 euro their account number and sort code, so i wrote the rest of the details they were looking for on the receipt and got the bank to stamp it

ya i bank with aib too and they gave me the lodgement stub stamped it and i put my ie number on it. Girl behind desk said this will do and that loads of people had be in this morning doing the same thing ...i guess il just have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Can anyone tell me where id get the Payment reference number they are looking for in the proof section in the my iec application? Thanks
    If you are with Ulster Bank there is none. Not sure about the other banks.
    I put my payee reference (IE-00****) in the application section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

so made payment in bank 2day and uploaded the proof there,wat happens now,are we just waiting for the conditional acceptance letter now?if so duz nebod kno how long that may take?talk about makin it complicated with uploading and downloading,gud job my other half is gud at all that or i wudda been completley fecked!not exactly user friendly for the average computer illiterate joe such as meself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I did the following and the payment was verified. Hope it helps.

First you need to add the Canadian Embassy as a payee. Go to Payments and Tranfers. In the Single Payments and Tranfers section select Manage Payees. Select Add Payee.

I used "Canadian Embassy" for the name (don't think that matters).

Enter the account number and sort code that came in the payment request letter they sent.

For "Their Reference", use the IE-00XXXX code. Therefore, when they get your payment, they can see your IE number in the description.

Once your payee is setup, follow the steps to tranfer the money. When you get to step 3 (confirmation) print the page and scan it - or take a screenshot and save it as a jpg picture.

In your IEC Kompass account, upload the file. For the payment reference number, I used the IE-00XXXX number again. The file will look something like this (depending on how you saved it).

238772.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Can someone PLEASE answer my question?

Im going to pay with Aib Online banking tonight...

Is their anything I need to know or is it straightforward? I ask because I've seen some ppl complaining about online and some saying they've been successful.. can anyone guide me in the right direction?Thank you very much

I have just done it with AIB internet banking. I confirmed payment but never got a reciept :(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Johanna3 wrote: »
    I am with BOI so from my reading of this forum I cannot using banking 365 as the sort code is not available, I have an AIB acc but no card or reader so I dont think I can use the kiosk in the branch as I dont have a card and I cannot do it online as no reader, does anyone have suggestions, I think my only option is to fill out the complete lodgement slip, photocopy it, go back to bank and ask them to stamp it or something for me, anyone in the same boat, ie a BOI customer
    I dont have an Ulster bank account

If you have your WTN, then i would hold out for a day or two.
    Once you get your WTN you are in the system and have a visa number so there is no real rush.

BOI will probably have to add the old sort code back into their system, that or AIB will start accepting payments to the new sort code. There has been a huge volume of complaints already.

It is still also not clear, one person has claimed that the new sort code does infact work for BOI customers.
    I would wait until a few more hear back as to how there payment goes and then perhaps any issue will be solved

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

i also did mine with ulster bank and did same with my ref no,hope it will be ok,aaaagh im so fricken stressed by it all

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

stupid question but on the personal info, is it better to use any middle names shown on your passport? or just your normal first name and surname, i never have my middle name on anything, but its on the passport so just for the sake of being thorough will i include it?

edit: never mind it says enter as is on your passport, d'oh silly me

I bank with AIB but got no payment reference, anyone has completed this and banks with AIB, can you tell me the reference number or how you got it?? Thanks

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    I have just done it with AIB internet banking. I confirmed payment but never got a reciept :(:confused:

how or what is Payment reference number that you put in? as i am with AIB myself, many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

ripcord wrote: »
    I did the following and the payment was verified. Hope it helps.

First you need to add the Canadian Embassy as a payee. Go to Payments and Tranfers. In the Single Payments and Tranfers section select Manage Payees. Select Add Payee.

I used "Canadian Embassy" for the name (don't think that matters).

Enter the account number and sort code that came in the payment request letter they sent.

For "Their Reference", use the IE-00XXXX code. Therefore, when they get your payment, they can see your IE number in the description.

Once your payee is setup, follow the steps to tranfer the money. When you get to step 3 (confirmation) print the page and scan it - or take a screenshot and save it as a jpg picture.

In your IEC Kompass account, upload the file. For the payment reference number, I used the IE-00XXXX number again. The file will look something like this (depending on how you saved it).

238772.jpg

Thanks for this, I did the same but haven't got any verification back yet. I did it at about 5am this morning. I hope it is all ok

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

I bank with AIB but got no payment reference, anyone has completed this and banks with AIB, can you tell me the reference number or how you got it?? Thanks

I just used my wtn number and it worked for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement