Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    AIB INTERNET PAYMENT.

I need some help please. I made a payment with my AIB internet banking. I made my payment ok but when I confirmed I never got a reciept. Its in my payment Log but it does not have any of the neccasary details. I rang banking 365 but they said I cant get a statement with all the info.

PLEASE PLEASE anyone used AIB??? I have had nothing but hassle with them today.

Just take a screen shoot of the information from your AIB internet banking and you should be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

when i am uploading my proof of payment and im filling in the info beofre the upload it asks for the payment reference number should i put the whole long number or the shortened down one thats on my payment form????

flynnser19 wrote: »
    when i am uploading my proof of payment and im filling in the info beofre the upload it asks for the payment reference number should i put the whole long number or the shortened down one thats on my payment form????

I put the whole number into be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

flynnser19 wrote: »

Your WTN reference should be shortened to contain the initials IE and the six numerical digits at the end of the WTN. For example, if your WTN is HQ-IE-13-WHP-001234 please enter IE- 001234 as your payment reference.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Your WTN reference should be shortened to contain the initials IE and the six numerical digits at the end of the WTN. For example, if your WTN is HQ-IE-13-WHP-001234 please enter IE- 001234 as your payment reference.

Aw crap i Never put IE in! Now im freaking out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

Aw crap i Never put IE in! Now im freaking out :(

I'm afraid yours will def be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

ok i know that when im paying it says on the letter to use the shortened down one but i mean when im physically uploading the scan of the proof of payment do i put the full long number or the short one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i done the same and went to the bank to get a replacement receipt and they could not give me one so i used tippex and and re photocopied it so now i just have the IE and 6 numbers must admit its the job:D

I'm afraid yours will def be rejected.

Seriously? i put in this >>HQ-IE-13-WHP-002862 and it accepted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

Relax, you'll be grand. If there is a problem you can send them a screenshot.

Everyone is having hassle with the payments!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Just take a screen shoot of the information from your AIB internet banking and you should be fine :D

yeah but it doesnt have any of the info required???

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

No one here knows anything about what gets rejected etc. You may still be fine. :D

Relax, you'll be grand. If there is a problem you can send them a screenshot.

Everyone is having hassle with the payments!!

Haha i can relax a tiny but you nearly gave me a panic attack hahaha.

heads melted :(

No one here knows anything about what gets rejected etc. You may still be fine. :D

aw no i meant it just went to next page and i saved it, i am like you and everyone else here waiting to actually get confirmed to get to the next stage ha. Oh why dont they update their visa count every hour or 2 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

krudler wrote: »
    oh really? there's an AIB near where I work, better off doing it there? wont get to until tomorrow anyway and will have to run way over my break but fook it

Yep definitely do it in an AIB branch if you can.
    They seem to be processing payments made in branch quicker anyway going on what is being said in here.

BOI may have sorted their issue with the sort code by tomorrow, but doubtfull as they were blaming AIB for using an old sort code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

I have a feeling that Proof of Payment will only be checked if there is a screw up after you lodge the money and they don't receive it-I'd say it's just to cover everyone's ass on the off chance a payment gets mislaid or whatever.
    I can't see somebody in an office looking through all the various types of Proofs and filing them like.
    This is just my opinion and could be totally wrong.

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    yeah but it doesnt have any of the info required???

But why wouldn't it have any of the info you require?? Ring up AIB is the best thing but sadly i did a bit research for you on to see if they have a call center but that is closed at 5 but is open again in the morning 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Beyonkers wrote: »

Yeah coz hubby submitted his at 5am this morning and still nothing back..
    Stressed out now...

I did mine at 8am and nothing, I'm glad I'm not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Yep definitely do it in an AIB branch if you can.
    They seem to be processing payments made in branch quicker anyway going on what is being said in here.

BOI may have sorted their issue with the sort code by tomorrow, but doubtfull as they were blaming AIB for using an old sort code.

That wouldn't really help if you've already submitted, though would it. That section is locked until verified or until you're rejected (which I'd take right now, just so I know where I stand)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

I did mine at 8am and nothing, I'm glad I'm not the only one

Well at least we know we're in it together.. lol
    hopefully we will hear back soon.
    stressed out

But why wouldn't it have any of the info you require?? Ring up AIB is the best thing but sadly i did a bit research for you on to see if they have a call center but that is closed at 5 but is open again in the morning 9am!

Cheers mate,

They have a list of what they want : acc no, ref, name on account, date etc... but none of that shows up.

I was in the bank today and they hadnt a clue and they rang go4less and they hadnt a bleedin clue either.

As I said no one seems to be able to give a definate answer.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    That wouldn't really help if you've already submitted, though would it. That section is locked until verified or until you're rejected (which I'd take right now, just so I know where I stand)

I hear ya y2gray, unfortunately i am in the same boat myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

I was just about to click 'send' on the first phase, and thought I'd ask this question first!

In the postal details/work/education, etc - basically anywhere you've been asked for an address, have people been filling it out like this (example)

City/Town: Dundalk
    Provence State: Co. Louth

or this.....

City/Town: Dundalk, Co. Louth
    Provence State: <leave blank>

or just not putting in the county at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

I hear ya y2gray, unfortunately i am in the same boat myself.

Perhaps, I'll take the money I have saved so far (I shan't be needing it for Canada at this rate), buy a car, load it with cans of petrol and drive it through Bank of Ireland Head Office. You can take the passenger seat if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

note to anyone reading from IEC, next year just accept credit or laser cards! or a paypal account or something

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Perhaps, I'll take the money I have saved so far (I shan't be needing it for Canada at this rate), buy a car, load it with cans of petrol and drive it through Bank of Ireland Head Office. You can take the passenger seat if you like.

I wonder if Bank of Ireland is actually working to rectifying the issue because from my perception nothing seems to being happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

hi guys this might seem like a really stupid question but when you get verification on your payment what does the confirmation message say

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mickalexi13

waitin to hear about visa at the moment and two of my mates doin the same. However, one of my friends has a minor carless driving conviction. he got a €500 fine and couple a penalty points. Anyone know will this be a major barrier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mickalexi13

CatMc48 wrote: »
    I was just about to click 'send' on the first phase, and thought I'd ask this question first!

In the postal details/work/education, etc - basically anywhere you've been asked for an address, have people been filling it out like this (example)

City/Town: Dundalk
    Provence State: Co. Louth

or this.....

City/Town: Dundalk, Co. Louth
    Provence State: <leave blank>

or just not putting in the county at all?

I put in Co.Galway. Not sure if I should have but just thought I should

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement