Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

I put in Co.Galway. Not sure if I should have but just thought I should

So did you put Co.Galway in after the town, or in the state/provence section? Sorry to be pinikity now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

paid mine at 1.15pm today, uploaded the receipt at 4pm, still have heard nothing!! paid an electronic transfer through permanent tsb!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

CatMc48 wrote: »
    So did you put Co.Galway in after the town, or in the state/provence section? Sorry to be pinikity now!!

I put Co.Galway in Stat/Provence section and when I got payment information letter the address came out correct...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coso1122

The application was electronically processed but i'd say the application fee will be manually so might take a bit 3000 in 24 hrs might be next week

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mickalexi13

sorry. put it in state/provence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eilsf87

Hi there,

I work in AIB and I just want to help you guys stressing out there.

1st: The sort code they have given on the IEC website is the correct and ONLY sort code that should be used.

2nd: If you do an electronic payment from any other bank it will not reach the AIB Canadian visa account until the NEXT working day IF done by 2.30pm if it is done after this it will be the day after this again (if done today after 2.30pm will reach AIB account on Friday.) IEC can't verify your payment until it reaches their bank account obviously.

3rd: If you put anything strange in your reference space when doing the lodgement (ie. you left out IE or you put in your name) put this in the 'reference used' space on the IEC website when uploading your proof of payment. This is so whoever is checking you have paid knows what to look for on their end.

4th: Best thing I can advise is pay at an AIB branch and it will go in instantly and you will therefore be verified much quicker.

I'm speaking as not only an employee but also someone who is applying for a Canadian visa. My views are my own not AIB's...guess I need to say that for legal reasons!! ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

waitin to hear about visa at the moment and two of my mates doin the same. However, one of my friends has a minor carless driving conviction. he got a €500 fine and couple a penalty points. Anyone know will this be a major barrier?

Has he got his garda clearence yet? It could be if the letter states he has a record for careless driving...

This is taken from the IEC website...

What are the common convictions that will make a person inadmissible to Canada?

Drink driving or impaired driving convictions (even if they are recorded as a traffic offence) where the blood alcohol reading is 0.081% or above – or a breath reading of 0401mgms/L or above, will make you inadmissible to Canada. Other common convictions that may make a person inadmissible to Canada are: reckless or dangerous driving, common assault, street racing, hinder or resist a police officer in the execution of duty, possession, supply, trafficking of drugs (including cannabis) and shoplifting (theft), fraud or criminal damage, to name a few.

see here for more: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/australia-australie/visas/rehabilitation-readaptation.aspx?view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

I was speaking to some one in BOI and I got the impression that they werent doing much, the lady offered to walk me through adding a new payee, I have loads of times in the past but I had to go through it with her, so we did so, and she tried herself, she was v nice but just apologies and said she had no solution to the problem

giggii wrote: »
    I submitted it at 11 and just got it now, there doesn't seem to be any order in assessing the payments...

I paid at 11am at AIB branch, submittted recipt at 11.30 still nothing, I know others that submitted payment receipt after me and have been verified already...so deffo agree no order in assessing the payments!

how long after being verified do you get the conditional letter of acceptance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

eilsf87 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I work in AIB and I just want to help you guys stressing out there.

1st: The sort code they have given on the IEC website is the correct and ONLY sort code that should be used.

2nd: If you do an electronic payment from any other bank it will not reach the AIB Canadian visa account until the NEXT working day IF done by 2.30pm if it is done after this it will be the day after this again (if done today after 2.30pm will reach AIB account on Friday.) IEC can't verify your payment until it reaches their bank account obviously.

3rd: If you put anything strange in your reference space when doing the lodgement (ie. you left out IE or you put in your name) put this in the 'reference used' space on the IEC website when uploading your proof of payment. This is so whoever is checking you have paid knows what to look for on their end.

4th: Best thing I can advise is pay at an AIB branch and it will go in instantly and you will therefore be verified much quicker.

I'm speaking as not only an employee but also someone who is applying for a Canadian visa. My views are my own not AIB's...guess I need to say that for legal reasons!! ha :)

Hi, Am I pleased ta see someone like you on here. I have payed today on my internet banking but i cant get a reciept with my ref no on it, any advice???

• Registered Users Posts: 26 anntonettec

I paid with AIB online banking and the receipt does not contain all of the required information. I screen capped the payment log and also the payee and just typed a note on a separate page indicating account name and the rest of the information not contained in the Log. Do you think this is sufficient? I'm also already in Canada so I can't go into my bank. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

what do i put in where it says PO box. i live in monaghan

I paid with AIB online banking and the receipt does not contain all of the required information. I screen capped the payment log and also the payee and just typed a note on a separate page indicating account name and the rest of the information not contained in the Log. Do you think this is sufficient? I'm also already in Canada so I can't go into my bank. Thanks

Im in the same boat with internet banking.

I have been asking the same question for the last two hours with no joy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nmafox

Hey guys, did anyone else pay over the counter in the bank, scan on just the little slip and get verified yet?

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat with internet banking.

I have been asking the same question for the last two hours with no joy:(

Do you think just screen capping and then writing a note will suffice? That's what I did, but no reply yet! It's so frustrating :/

Just submitted the first bit, received our messages to make the payment - thank god it's too late to start worrying about going to a bank (im not a nervous person, but this thread is making me a little edgy!! lol)

Thanks to eilsf87 for the info on the AIB payments. Will go in tomorrow and make the payment in the bank - is looking like the best option!

Think I'll say goodnight to boards for today, and let my mind rest for a little :)

Best of luck to everyone else - hope ye get your queries sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Lads what do we fill in for the blanks again. Is it n/a or na or what?

Do you think just screen capping and then writing a note will suffice? That's what I did, but no reply yet! It's so frustrating :/

To be honest I have not got a clue. I am going to cancel my payment online and head back into the bank first thing in the morning.

Most are waiting on a response so I dont think anyone really knows.

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Lads what do we fill in for the blanks again. Is it n/a or na or what?

I didn't n/a any blanks - just left them blank! Unless they had a red asterix, they weren't a required field, and I figured if the sections were incomplete then you wouldn't be able to validate them.

I didn't see it written anywhere to n/a out any blanks.:confused:

• Advertisement

Just submitted the first bit, received our messages to make the payment - thank god it's too late to start worrying about going to a bank (im not a nervous person, but this thread is making me a little edgy!! lol)

Thanks to eilsf87 for the info on the AIB payments. Will go in tomorrow and make the payment in the bank - is looking like the best option!

Think I'll say goodnight to boards for today, and let my mind rest for a little :)

Best of luck to everyone else - hope ye get your queries sorted!

people are panicing and being general pissy pants for no reason, running to boards asking silly questions instead of reading the instructions slowly and carefully and doing the OBVIOUS thing.
    the amount of silly questions posted here is only serving to confuse people even more. the process is very straight forward.

To be honest I have not got a clue. I am going to cancel my payment online and head back into the bank first thing in the morning.

I just got a verification letter of payment. All I did was copy and paste the payment log and the payee information and then attached a note with my name bank account etc. Not sure if it will work for you but I just got verified. It might save you the hassle of going to the bank.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

hi guys just an update over half them gone now 3197 gone and still no sign of verification this is most stressful

Surfn wrote: »
    what do i put in where it says PO box. i live in monaghan

Fill in street number and you don't need to put in PO box

people are panicing and being general pissy pants for no reason, running to boards asking silly questions instead of reading the instructions slowly and carefully and doing the OBVIOUS thing.
    the amount of silly questions posted here is only serving to confuse people even more. the process is very straight forward.

The banking part is far from straight forward. I have been to the bank twice today, I have rang go4less twice and my bank have rang go4less and I have also payed on line and Im still no further than this time yesterday. Yeah its obvious:rolleyes:

the bank printed me a receipt showing all the required details on an a4 sheet of paper, no hassel...if your bank wont do the same for you its just them being lazy and awkward which isnt a huge surprise, most tellers havnt the manners of dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

I don't know either, did ours nearly 14hrs ago and have not heard anything back. As we are also in Canada, had to just do a screen print and upload that. I think that hopefully when the lodgement hits the bank tomorrow we should def hear something back.
    Different people have submitted in different ways and some are getting responses back and then people who have done the same type/way of payment haven't heard anything back. So it is hard to know.

very very stressful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Yeah 99% of the questions here are answered if people would actually READ what they are told from the embassy. And people stressing over having to wait a few hours to get verification, chill guys!

I just got a verification letter of payment. All I did was copy and paste the payment log and the payee information and then attached a note with my name bank account etc. Not sure if it will work for you but I just got verified. It might save you the hassle of going to the bank.
    Best of luck.

In all fairness its peoples unwillingness to pop into the bank in person that's causing all the panic here, surely worth a visit to the bank in person to ensure you don't get rejected and get a visa !

• Advertisement

The banking part is far from straight forward. I have been to the bank twice today, I have rang go4less twice and my bank have rang go4less and I have also payed on line and Im still no further than this time yesterday. Yeah its obvious:rolleyes:

if you print out the letter that was sent to you with instructions, bring this to your branch and ask them to do an electronic transfer as per the instructions on the letter and to print you a receipt showing all the requested details. it was very straight forward for me, but i had somebody helpful and plesent to deal with. it is quite simple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement