Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Surfn wrote: »
    what do i put in where it says PO box. i live in monaghan
    can anybody clarify that i use N/A for PO Box

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

i used na for po box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

just leave it blank man

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

gary27 wrote: »
    i used na for po box
    thanks gary

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

the bank printed me a receipt showing all the required details on an a4 sheet of paper, no hassel...if your bank wont do the same for you its just them being lazy and awkward which isnt a huge surprise, most tellers havnt the manners of dogs.

I got the exact same from aib branch, they photo copied my receipt stub and there lodgement slip onto the one a4 sheet of paper and then stamped it again and signed it, grand and straight forward.

show them the payment instructions letter and explain to them the details you need, if they say they can't do it, speak to another person, if not then their manager, it that doesn't help then go to a different bank cause there obviously incompetant...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

so, if you're doing online banking with AIB...

what happens if you pay using sort code and NSC? you don't need to enter IBAN and Swift code, but then you get no receipt! no option to see details of what you've done online. is there a way around this, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

if you print out the letter that was sent to you with instructions, bring this to your branch and ask them to do an electronic transfer as per the instructions on the letter and to print you a receipt showing all the requested details. it was very straight forward for me, but i had somebody helpful and plesent to deal with. it is quite simple.

I did mate, thats why its so frustrating. I was in the bank twice and all they could give me was one of those lodgment reciepts, I rang go4less and they said it wouldnt work, So I said I would do it over the net but I couldnt get a reciept with sufficient info.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

what do i put in where it says PO box. i live in monaghan

NOTING if u dont have one ..just number of N your house in street number

• Registered Users Posts: 26 anntonettec

Beyonkers wrote: »
    I don't know either, did ours nearly 14hrs ago and have not heard anything back. As we are also in Canada, had to just do a screen print and upload that. I think that hopefully when the lodgement hits the bank tomorrow we should def hear something back.
    Different people have submitted in different ways and some are getting responses back and then people who have done the same type/way of payment haven't heard anything back. So it is hard to know.

very very stressful

I just got a verification message and all I did was a screen cap. Hopefully it's the same for you

gunty23 wrote: »
    I paid at 11am at AIB branch, submittted recipt at 11.30 still nothing, I know others that submitted payment receipt after me and have been verified already...so deffo agree no order in assessing the payments!

Just got payment verified at 19.30. woohoo! :)

Btw, I went into AIB branh, and got them to photocopy both receipt stub and the lodgement slip part that they keep on the one A4 page and then sign and stamp that....thats what I uploaded to get verified.

EDIT:
    Also just to point out i'm with ulster bank, but I went into AIB branch with 120 cash so its goes into there account immediatly. Takes a day from one bank to another.....

• Advertisement

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    I did mate, thats why its so frustrating. I was in the bank twice and all they could give me was one of those lodgment reciepts, I rang go4less and they said it wouldnt work, So I said I would do it over the net but I couldnt get a reciept with sufficient info.

go to a different branch so because they are obviously lazy and incompetent and couldnt be a.rsed taking the 10mins to help you and do it right for you.
    if they typed all the details onto a letter headed paper and stamped it it would do. they are just being lazy and couldnt give a toss about helping you.

In all fairness its peoples unwillingness to pop into the bank in person that's causing all the panic here, surely worth a visit to the bank in person to ensure you don't get rejected and get a visa !

A lot of people are also already in Canada and don't have many options apart from transferring the money online.

Just got payment verified at 19.30. woohoo! :)

Btw, I went into AIB branh, and got them to photocopy both receipt stub and the lodgement slip part that they keep on the one A4 page and then sign and stamp that....thats what I uploaded to get verified.

i went through permanent tsb so it will prob be tomorrow before its verified at this rate!

thats bull **** which bank ,go aib they have self service machine there for you too make transfer ,enter name ,canadian embassy, wtn ,sort code, account number ,amount,
    print receipt go hatch get her write ur name , wtn,and ur account number on page and stamp it ..
    simples

go to a different branch so because they are obviously lazy and incompetent and couldnt be a.rsed taking the 10mins to help you and do it right for you.
    if they typed all the details onto a letter headed paper and stamped it it would do. they are just being lazy and couldnt give a toss about helping you.

Sound, ill go tomorrow first thing to another branch. Heads just a bit wrecked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Ahhh well gutted, got a message from the IEC for request of more information for my bank payment! Honestly, what more could they want..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brenkeo

Shalamov wrote: »
    so, if you're doing online banking with AIB...

what happens if you pay using sort code and NSC? you don't need to enter IBAN and Swift code, but then you get no receipt! no option to see details of what you've done online. is there a way around this, does anyone know?

There should be a View Transactions tab you can click on Page after you transfer the money and you should be able to see all the details there.

I just did a print screen of that and used it as my proof.
    It has been verified and all so should be no issues doing it that way.

thats bull **** which bank ,go aib they have self service machine there for you too make transfer ,enter name ,canadian embassy, wtn ,sort code, account number ,amount,
    print receipt go hatch get her write ur name , wtn,and ur account number on page and stamp it ..
    simples

Why would I bull****??? And it was AIB. They told me Id better of doing it on internet banking.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Ahhh well gutted, got a message from the IEC for request of more information for my bank payment! Honestly, what more could they want..

ah at least they go back too you and didnt put u in naughty pile ..
    count youself lucky :D

A lot of people are also already in Canada and don't have many options apart from transferring the money online.

Very true, but on any ordinary day you should realise that international bank transers take quite a number of business days to go through, so therefore not need to be panicking a bout not receiving verification in a few hours....

• Advertisement

Why would I bull****??? And it was AIB. They told me Id better of doing it on internet banking.

i didnt mean u ,i meant the teller not helping you
    chill

brenkeo wrote: »
    There should be a View Transactions tab you can click on Page after you transfer the money and you should be able to see all the details there.

I just did a print screen of that and used it as my proof.
    It has been verified and all so should be no issues doing it that way.

can only see my a/c number, their a/c number, the amount transferred and the date. no mention of the WTN or anything like that.
    Can't cancel the payment as it's a transfer. Does anyone know if I'll have to transfer the cash again? Such a ridiculous situation

Very true, but on any ordinary day you should realise that international bank transers take quite a number of business days to go through, so therefore not need to be panicking a bout not receiving verification in a few hours....

I used my Irish AIB account and have just got verified! I was panicking about the receipt and validity of it, not the actual transfer.

Shalamov wrote: »
    can only see my a/c number, their a/c number, the amount transferred and the date. no mention of the WTN or anything like that.
    Can't cancel the payment as it's a transfer. Does anyone know if I'll have to transfer the cash again? Such a ridiculous situation

The screen cap worked for me. I also added a note at the end with my account name, branch info, amount, date and WTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

I used my Irish AIB account and have just got verified! I was panicking about the receipt and validity of it, not the actual transfer.

hi just wondering when did u submit ur proof of payment

beemer2003 wrote: »
    hi just wondering when did u submit ur proof of payment

10am Canadian Time Today **

The screen cap worked for me. I also added a note at the end with my account name, branch info, amount, date and WTC.

oh right so you took a screen grab of the payment - then added extra details below?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

You did that with AIB? Can you explain what receipt you had and the process you went through? PLEASE AND THANKS :D

i didnt mean u ,i meant the teller not helping you
    chill

Sorry mate.

As someone said im just going to cancel my internet banking payment and go into a different branch tomorrow at 10.00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

i paid mine at 10.15 this morning and submitted proof at 2pm and still waiting for word back did u get a message sent to ur iec account

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement