Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

woooo hoooo just got verified hoooraayyy !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 anntonettec

WasterEx wrote: »
    You did that with AIB? Can you explain what receipt you had and the process you went through? PLEASE AND THANKS :D

I paid last night online. I was unsure about the receipt so didn't do that until this morning. I basically took a screen cap of the payment log and also the payee information. Then on the next page of the document I added a note with my name, branch name, date and amount paid and the WTC.
    I got verified about a half an hour ago. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

I paid last night online. I was unsure about the receipt so didn't do that until this morning. I basically took a screen cap of the payment log and also the payee information. Then on the next page of the document I added a note with my name, branch name, date and amount paid and the WTC.

was the payment log just your a/c details, their accounts details and the date and amount of the transaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Sorry mate.

As someone said im just going to cancel my internet banking payment and go into a different branch tomorrow at 10.00.

no probs man ,i wouldnt stress, theres too much panic goin on ,
    nice smile at teller in moring and she sort it for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HS123

did anyone else's payment status update to verified but didnt receive an email?

• Advertisement

Shalamov wrote: »
    was the payment log just your a/c details, their accounts details and the date and amount of the transaction?

Yea, pretty much. Except on mine it even blocks their account number apart from the last 3 digits as well as mine. So that's why I added the payee information.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Cheers! Okay so you screen captured the payment log. That's where the payee information was? Then for the other details you just typed in everything else they required? Correct or no correct?

Yea, pretty much. Except on mine it even blocks their account number apart from the last 3 digits as well as mine. So that's why I added the payee information.

ok that'[s good to know. one last question, did you upload more than one jpeg? not sure how you could add information to a screen grab...
    thanks!

Cheers! Okay so you screen captured the payment log. That's where the payee information was? Then for the other details you just typed in everything else they required? Correct or no correct?

The payee info is not on the same page as the payment log for AIB internet banking, not sure if it's the case for others. But basically that's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

HS123 wrote: »
    did anyone else's payment status update to verified but didnt receive an email?

mine did buddy just refreshed my iec and found out that way

• Advertisement

ok that'[s good to know. one last question, did you upload more than one jpeg? not sure how you could add information to a screen grab...
    thanks!

I copied and pasted the screen caps, and converted the pdf to word so I could add text

I copied and pasted the screen caps, and converted the pdf to word so I could add text

than turned it all into a jpeg?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

no probs man ,i wouldnt stress, theres too much panic goin on ,
    nice smile at teller in moring and she sort it for you :)

And a box of choclates;). I know I shouldnt panic but you know yourself. A few of the posters seem to have got away with very little info when doing it on the net, not going to risk it but.

Right im just going to watch the football and chill out:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MissLe

Yesterday the other half realised his passport was out of date in a few months so applied for a new one. With only 3012 left think we'll be waving the Canadian dream goodbye :( It's unreal how fast they've gone/people have applied!

than turned it all into a jpeg?

I uploaded as word.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

Do you think just screen capping and then writing a note will suffice? That's what I did, but no reply yet! It's so frustrating :/

Well that is good to hear. hopefully i will hear back soon. just keep waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Only 2,951 left now!!!

I uploaded as word.

sorry for this... need to be sure. so did you upload something like this...

30/01/2013 FUNDS TR CURRENT-XXX ACCOUNT-XXX €120.00

CANADIAN EMBASSY Personal payment 931233 41489092

and details.....

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Karbolt wrote: »
    Only 2,951 left now!!!

Wow! They will be gone by the morning at this rate!

Just emailed the IEC with an updated jpeg with a screen capture of the transfer in my bank, the receipt I got from the kiosk and I even typed in black text exactly what they requested. I swear if they don't accept this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 CianSmith85

I have received a message saying they want proof of payment but there is no bank ac sort code how much nothing, it just says Subject: Notification of receipt – Please submit payment and proof of payment. Dear Mr./Ms. Smith,

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

Just emailed the IEC with an updated jpeg with a screen capture of the transfer in my bank, the receipt I got from the kiosk and I even typed in black text exactly what they requested. I swear if they don't accept this....

do you think its because your typing the details and that its not on the receipt signed and stamped by bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

I have received a message saying they want proof of payment but there is no bank ac sort code how much nothing, it just says Subject: Notification of receipt – Please submit payment and proof of payment. Dear Mr./Ms. Smith,

did you open it in adobe reader, not an online viewer like gmail opens it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

going into AIB in the morning, what pitfalls do i need to look out for? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

two questions;

is the letter of introduction valid for 12 months after its accepted? cant find anything about it on the site.

and the part where you have to put in the dates you intend to go to and leave canada?whats all that about?i dont know what dates yet, if i put in guessy ones will i be tied down to them or??

gunty23 wrote: »
    do you think its because your typing the details and that its not on the receipt signed and stamped by bank?

The information I typed is embedded onto the JPEG file. I did a quick edit in Photoshop. If they reject this one, ah sure I dno, I'll go to the bank and have them stamp some things....losing faith in my possibility of even going atm :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

THIS THREAD HAS JUST BECOME CLUTTERED WITH EVERYONE ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS. GO THROUGH THE POSTS ON PREVIOUS PAGES BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION, CHANCES ARE IT HAS BEEN ANSWERED LONG AGO, SEVERAL TIMES FFS!!!!

The information I typed is embedded onto the JPEG file. I did a quick edit in Photoshop. If they reject this one, ah sure I dno, I'll go to the bank and have them stamp some things....losing faith in my possibility of even going atm :/

at least they're getting back to you quickly. my payment has been pending for about 8 hours now

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

OH has had her payment verified.

Sent it using the IBAN/Swift online with AIB.
    Screenshot the confirmation screen, sent it. Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

two questions;

is the letter of introduction valid for 12 months after its accepted? cant find anything about it on the site.

and the part where you have to put in the dates you intend to go to and leave canada?whats all that about?i dont know what dates yet, if i put in guessy ones will i be tied down to them or??

yes for first question ,so if it march 22 2013 u have till march 2014 to enter

second question ,just put near enough ur date dont think they could hold u too it,, id say they just need it for there quota /numbers coming in country

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement