Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HS123

when you go into does anybody else s say unread message, when ive read it all ready and uploaded my proof of payment few hours ago ?

Yes, i uploaded my payment receipt at 7.30am this morning, status was updated to verified at around 6.30pm
    - still says message unread and 1 message in inbox but it is the same one from yesterday. don't worry about it.
    also still havent received email after verification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

WasterEx wrote: »

No it didn't. Yeah, maybe you're right.
    Yeah all they want is to verify that the IE-00**** numbers match

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

no need too scan it ,it gives details under box where u upload it

oh really, so what does it ask? just the stuff on the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

I paid them via AIB online, transfers and payments option. I havent received any verifications. Id say im in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

Hitch11 wrote: »
    I paid them via AIB online, transfers and payments option. I havent received any verifications. Id say im in trouble.

I paid by NIB online transfer at 3.30am this morning have nothing back yet - i have sent proof of payment, getting worried now as everyone is saying they have got verification - i just thought the verification could take up to 2 days as the transfer could take that lenght to reach them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

do you think the places will be all gone by this time tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 35 beemer2003

Surfn wrote: »

id say so theres 2828 left and 123 gone in 45 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

ENNE wrote: »
    yes i have the unread message - i oaid by internet banking at 3.30am this morning and still not verified

ah good stuff ,im sure theres no problem ,just playing the waiting game havin some beers and footie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Surfn wrote: »

I would say so, i would say they are gone and they are processing most peoples applications and sending them out verifications (saying that i havent got my yet and i am praying to get)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pooljinx

Think im gonna miss this my new passport dosent get sent out untill next week, gonna try and go into the passport office to get them to give it to me early but I dont hold out too much hope but if I do whats the easiest method of paying the fee once you get your number??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

I would say so, i would say they are gone and they are processing most peoples applications and sending them out verifications (saying that i havent got my yet and i am praying to get)

Why are you praying to get the verification so soon?
    If you've applied and got letter with your WTN then you've got your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

do ye think they will be gone by 10 in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

they wont be verifying too many more tonite id say its close of business time!!

stevenf17 wrote: »

even before the payment has processed?

Ya i got the letter with my WTN but how do you know i have got my place?? makes me feel great :D, since i was doubting big time :(

zweton wrote: »
    do ye think they will be gone by 10 in the morning?

NO CHANCE

• Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

The screen cap worked for me. I also added a note at the end with my account name, branch info, amount, date and WTC.
    Hi Anntonettec, I'm also in Canada and I want to pay with my AIB account. Just wondering when you did it, under "Transfers & Payments" did you choose "I want to pay a bill" or "I want to transfer money to another ROI account".

Feel free to answer anyone else who has SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED THE PAYMENT WITH AIB ONLINE AND GOT VERIFICATION !!!
    Thanks in advance - I'm so stressed!!

krudler wrote: »
    even before the payment has processed?

Yeah did you not read your letter? and you have until the 9th Feb to pay the €120 so there's no immediate rush.
    The 6 digit number on the end of your WTN eg. 002500 is the number you are in the list out of the 6350. 2 of my mates numbers, one who applied within a few mins of myself and another about 30mins later, are around the same as mine but just appropriately higher value.

Edit
    And forgot to mention that my number was roughly the same as how many they said were gone from the main info page

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

I just did mine via Rabodirect but I dont think it will have my name on the verification so not sure how I will get around that, I might actually cancel it in the morning and go to a branch

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MissLe

NO CHANCE
    How come ye're so sure?! Waiting on other half's passport! Can't believe the amount that have applied so far.

• Advertisement

Yeah did you not read your letter? and you have until the 9th Feb to pay the €120 so there's no immediate rush.
    The 6 digit number on the end of your WTN eg. 002500 is the number you are in the list out of the 6350. 2 of my mates numbers, one who applied within a few mins of myself and another about 30mins later, are around the same as mine but just appropriately higher value.

Edit
    And forgot to mention that my number was roughly the same as how many they said were gone from the main info page

Oh ffs, now I feel stupid lol you legend I didnt spot the date between bouncing around the iec site and here. D'oohhhh! well thats a relief, my WTN is in the low 3000's, and I only submitted that at around 5pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Canada_Bound

hey all, i hope someone can help me, i have a drink driving conviction back in 2006, it was my first and only conviction. I know someone posted recently about the rules about this but does anyone know of anyone who had a similar conviction and got a working visa for Canada ok? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Ges guys there will be no one left in the country lol!
    Last out turn off the lights:D

Mine is 2xxx, is that good or bad??

Good I assume? higher towards the 6000s the less there'll be

Right sorry to butt in but my WTN is XXXX but it says visas remaing XXXX, so could you shed ca bit of happiness and tell me this is good for me that i just have to sit tight till i get my verification right?? :D

Yeah your number means you were that number person to apply.
    So when you applied there would have been ~3500 places remaining at that time.

I'd remove your wtn number from the post btw

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Mine was in the past the mid 3000's and I filled it in after half 7.

MissLe wrote: »
    How come ye're so sure?! Waiting on other half's passport! Can't believe the amount that have applied so far.

when the passport due ?
    im sure its just a rush at the beginning, what with visas being issued late
    everybody was waiting them too come out and applying straight away.so i reckon it will slow down in next few days and with wrong appilcation and people being refused .should be good few left

im not 100% but thats my take on it anyhow
    here hoping ;)

krudler wrote: »
    Good I assume? higher towards the 6000s the less there'll be

Can you delete this message since its my WPM on it, thanks ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

BOI allowed me to process an online payment to the sort code listed in the message from IEC. Now the payment has been verified but obviously wouldn't be actually in their account yet so they've verified based on receipt I've sent them. Is this payment actually going to be process with the sort code confusion does anyone know or should I be sprinting to AIB before work tomorrow morning and lodging cash into their account and awaiting the previous payment to bounce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Sent my proof of payment away at 3.30 today, still havnt got confirmation. Thought it was to be 4 or 5 hours. anyone experience any longer??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement