Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Yeah your number means you were that number person to apply.
    So when you applied there would have been ~3500 places remaining at that time.

I'd remove your wtn number from the post btw

So your 100 per cent i have this in the bag? If so thanks you just made my night dude, i can sleep alot easier now, just have to wait for the next step and Message in my iec information!

Done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

evan2509 wrote: »
    Sent my proof of payment away at 3.30 today, still havnt got confirmation. Thought it was to be 4 or 5 hours. anyone experience any longer??

I was waiting 6 hours for verification so try not to worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

I was waiting 6 hours for verification so try not to worry!

Thanks mate, did that come to your Kompass account yeah? Its close of buisness for the day in Canada so not expecting it tonight tbh. Unless they are working through the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

evan2509 wrote: »
    Thanks mate, did that come to your Kompass account yeah? Its close of buisness for the day in Canada so not expecting it tonight tbh. Unless they are working through the night.

Yeah my status changed to verified. Didn't get a message or e-mail like many others.

If you don't get a verified status by 4/5 tomorrow afternoon, then you can start to worry but I would be hopeful you will get updated before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Yeah my status changed to verified. Didn't get a message or e-mail like many others.

If you don't get a verified status by 4/5 tomorrow afternoon, then you can start to worry but I would be hopeful you will get updated before that.

Thanks mate.:o

• Advertisement

Guys, I'm presuming that to get a place on the queue you need

Passport
    Garda clearance form
    Proof of payment to IEC

All *before* you apply. Am I correct?

If so, I'm stuck until 12am Friday morning, then it's a 0530am dash to the parent's to get all those.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Can you delete this message since its my WPM on it, thanks ha

edited there, sorry boot that

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

So your 100 per cent i have this in the bag? If so thanks you just made my night dude, i can sleep alot easier now, just have to wait for the next step and Message in my iec information!

Done :D

Yeah from what I can see from reading the letter, you have an application number and there just waiting on payment to be received to proceed with the application to the next step.
    It doesn't say anywhere that if you don't pay immediately that your place will be taken, so there's no need to start speculating that it might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

i still havnt be verified either, paid at lunchtime and uploaded receipt at 4pm, but i was transferring from PTSB, there was a girl from AIB on here earlier and said that if it was non AIB that it would be tomorrow before verified so i hope she's right!!!

Guys, I'm presuming that to get a place on the queue you need

Passport
    Garda clearance form
    Proof of payment to IEC

All *before* you apply. Am I correct?

If so, I'm stuck until 12am Friday morning, then it's a 0530am dash to the parent's to get all those.

You just need the passport for the intitial application, you get your WTN number, use that to make the payment, the garda clearance form will come into it later.

How long does the clearance form last? I got it in early January just to have it ready, is it 3 months?

• Advertisement

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Yeah from what I can see from reading the letter, you have an application number and there just waiting on payment to be received to proceed with the application to the next step.
    It doesn't say anywhere that if you don't pay immediately that your place will be taken, so there's no need to start speculating that it might be.

You my friend have me jump over the the moon :D, that makes perfect sense:cool:, sorry its my first time applying for a visa :( since i only applied 3 month holiday visa for oz before but that was very straight forward :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Quick Q for those who have done the process as I haven't started the application yet.
    The payment, can it be done by going into an AIB bank or is it all online?
    Asking because I'm with BOI and I'd have to add them as a payee. And that could take a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Panthro wrote: »
    Quick Q for those who have done the process as I haven't started the application yet.
    Asking because I'm with BOI and I'd have to add them as a payee. And that could take a few days.

Question answered in previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Panthro wrote: »

It can be done both ways as far as I've seen on here! I'm with AIB and I went in to the bank to make sure I got proof of payment receipt kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

WasterEx wrote: »
    It can be done both ways as far as I've seen on here! I'm with AIB and I went in to the bank to make sure I got proof of payment receipt kind of thing.

Im AIB also, did you get them to type up info for you or just take a pic of the stub and upload it?

zweton wrote: »
    Im AIB also, did you get them to type up info for you or just take a pic of the stub and upload it?

I would scan it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

I'm having a total nightmare here.

I got a message requesting more info on my transfer, and my bank couldn't help me out. My online banking showed the transaction in £s and they needed to see it in Euro.

Got my parents to make an additional transfer, and messaged IEC back to tell them that, and could they refund me the first lot of money.

They sent me a form to get my money back, but also rejected my application.
    I've applied again, and had another request for money. I've got a new number though, and the transfer my parents did was with my old number.

What the hell do I do? I've messaged them asking what to do, but no answer.

Do I go into the bank tomorrow to make ANOTHER transfer to be on the safe side?

Help please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

krudler wrote: »
    You just need the passport for the intitial application, you get your WTN number, use that to make the payment, the garda clearance form will come into it later.

How long does the clearance form last? I got it in early January just to have it ready, is it 3 months?

irish clearance valid for 1 year ,ozand other countries valid for 3months

irish clearance valid for 1 year ,ozand other countries valid for 3months

Thanking you, there isnt much mention of the garda clearance on the step by step guide, unless I'm blind, did a search on the iec for garda and nothing comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Sent my payment over 24 hours ago and still pending! Anyone else waiting this long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Canada_Bound

hey all, i hope someone can help me, i have a drink driving conviction back in 2006, it was my first and only conviction. I know someone posted recently about the rules about this but does anyone know of anyone who had a similar conviction and got a working visa for Canada ok? Thanks.

Sorry for posting this again ppl but would love some help with the above question, im at the payment stage too but it will all be for nothing if i can get in because of my driving conviction, im starting to freak out now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xchancellor

Hi all,

Does anyone know the minimum amount of time you need on your passport? Mines is up in May next year, so I'd probably need to get it renewed before I apply.

Not anywhere near organised for this and they seem to be flying out the door, may just have to wait till next year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

krudler wrote: »
    Thanking you, there isnt much mention of the garda clearance on the step by step guide, unless I'm blind, did a search on the iec for garda and nothing comes up

yes i checked iec myself it aint there at moment ,but from reseach i did b4 xmas i remeber it saying that .
    i had to get clearance from oz so i was makin sure i got dates right ,i received oz one on jan 8 so ive bout 2months left too submit it which should be amply time

Sorry for posting this again ppl but would love some help with the above question, im at the payment stage too but it will all be for nothing if i can get in because of my driving conviction, im starting to freak out now!!!

If your application is rejected you'll get a refund. All you can do is try for time being.

Hi all,

Does anyone know the minimum amount of time you need on your passport? Mines is up in May next year, so I'd probably need to get it renewed before I apply.

Not anywhere near organised for this and they seem to be flying out the door, may just have to wait till next year :(

Must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada so if you applied now you'd be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xchancellor

WasterEx wrote: »
    Must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada so if you applied now you'd be rejected.
    Cheers man, i'll get it renewed then go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Canada_Bound

thanks, but its not the money im worried about but just wondering if this conviction will prevent me getting into canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

yep sure did. Status went to verified and then an email came through. Id try not to worry, like I said I was worried as I didnt add any extra info I just scanned the stub and that was it. Hopefully youl get your verified email soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Sent my payment over 24 hours ago and still pending! Anyone else waiting this long?
    Hey tonto remember yours is coming from Canada it'll take a little longer to clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Hey tonto remember yours is coming from Canada it'll take a little longer to clear
    Im in ireland but im waiting since 11 today ..just dont get the delay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement