Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I saw that yea, does that mean that there are a set amount of WTNs?

As in, are there only WTNs from IE-000001 to IE- 006350?

Something like that yeah, obviously it doesn't stop at 006350 because once an application is refused a new WTN is generated once the quota is refilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WillPainter

WasterEx wrote: »
    Something like that yeah, obviously it doesn't stop at 006350 because once an application is refused a new WTN is generated once the quota is refilled.

If that's the case, then maybe we might not be safe. Just because we have a WTN, doesn't mean we will kept a place. What is your situation Waster?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

If that's the case, then maybe we might not be safe. Just because we have a WTN, doesn't mean we will kept a place. What is your situation Waster?

I've been moved on to the stage after payment verification; The IEC Assessment, it's currently pending so hopefully tomorrow that sorts itself out, it's really in the hands of the embassy team now.

I've been moved on to the stage after payment verification; The IEC Assessment, it's currently pending so hopefully tomorrow that sorts itself out, it's really in the hands of the embassy team now.

Ok so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Joe Louis

Does anyone know how to find details on how to make the payment?
    I have submitted my application and got a message telling me to make payment and to show proof of, but it doesn't tell me how. Also it says on the home page that payment must be made in Euros. So paying with canadian credit card is out of the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Winnieacre

Place where you think you'd spend most of your time /where you're planning on going, etc.

I'm sorry to say that in this case it's more about where the work is than the holiday aspect.
    Calgary looks promising...

I don't think there's many holiday-takers looking for this, especially a 24 month one. I think I'd be one of the few with a return ticket.

I wonder though, could a large chunk of visas gone be USIT & the likes getting a quota or such?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

SeaSlacker wrote: »
    I don't think there's many holiday-takers looking for this, especially a 24 month one. I think I'd be one of the few with a return ticket.

I wonder though, could a large chunk of visas gone be USIT & the likes getting a quota or such?

Nope no visa company gets a quota anymore. I wouldn't panic too much when the dust settles the number available will go back up as bit

Nope no visa company gets a quota anymore. I wouldn't panic too much when the dust settles the number available will go back up as bit

How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

evan2509 wrote: »
    Yeah mate on the same boat. Doubt there will be anymore verifications tonight as its the end of buisness hours in Canada now. Don't panic, we're in the right position. Our positions are safe as long as payment goes through by the 9th.

We are the same, submitted it about 24hrs ago and haven't heard anything back. hopefully will see something tomorrow. fingers crossed don't have to wait 2 much longer.. hate it, stressful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Duck1987

I'm in the boat where everything is locked up until proof of payment. so i need to get this proof.

Can anyone tell me if I can do this in the bank in the morning and have my proof of payment tomorrow???
    Or do I need to do this online somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Duck1987 wrote: »
    I'm in the boat where everything is locked up until proof of payment. so i need to get this proof.

Can anyone tell me if I can do this in the bank in the morning and have my proof of payment tomorrow???
    Or do I need to do this online somewhere?

Have you paid and not got proof of payment to upload?

I don't *want* to pull a sickie to go home to get my passport & sort this out, but I'm working now, working tomorrow & working Saturday. Will I need to pull one to be in with any shot?

And before you ask, no one can help at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I don't *want* to pull a sickie to go home to get my passport & sort this out, but I'm working now, working tomorrow & working Saturday. Will I need to pull one to be in with any shot?

And before you ask, no one can help at home.

well if its a case of pulling a sickie and doing something that could change your life forever? pull a sickie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Looks like it has slowed down now, has only moved a few numbers in the last 9 hours, so the initial rush might be over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Gintonious wrote: »
    Looks like it has slowed down now, has only moved a few numbers in the last 9 hours, so the initial rush might be over.
    Its either people in ireland are asleep or canadians arent working and processing the aplications

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I don't like the waiting game....

I don't like the waiting game....

the waiting game sucks, lets play Hungry Hungry Hippos

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

krudler wrote: »
    well if its a case of pulling a sickie and doing something that could change your life forever? pull a sickie.

I pulled a sickie yesterday :eek: I was actually in work less than an hour when I saw the visa thing had opened the afternoon before.. I claimed my breakfast had just came back up. In my defence, my work would have suffered as I couldn't concentrate or even feign interest as this was all I could think about! I think it was the wait through January that lead to the current rush. Although, I wasn't worried I would miss out by applying a day later or so, it was moreso that I just wanted to get the process started after the waiting/anticipation! I uploaded my proof of payment yesterday at 14:00, so did my OH and we are still waiting as well. We both put our full WTN as the ref though so are hoping that will only stall things rather than set us back to the start. I think it's hopeful people are getting messages that more info is needed- it means they are not auto- rejecting over little details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Went the online route in the end (AIB). Stitched screenshots together of my Payee info, Transfer Log, and added a footnote with the additional info they wanted. Hopefully thats enough:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

Hi

Myself and my friend submitted our payments at the same time early yesterday afternoon. We both paid from the same account and our uploaded receipts were identical apart from the reference number. She received verification within a few hours but my status is still pending. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Aliana wrote: »
    Hi

Myself and my friend submitted our payments at the same time early yesterday afternoon. We both paid from the same account and our uploaded receipts were identical apart from the reference number. She received verification within a few hours but my status is still pending. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Thanks

My boyfriend paid 3 hours before me and I got my verification an hour and a half before him. It probably depends on the people processing each account, I wouldn't worry. You'll get yours soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Can everyone just hold off applying until the 10th Feb...

Won't get my new passport until then...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

Probably be down to approx. 1000 come lunchtime... :(

I think everyone should relise that its only 05.43 in Toronto so its a few hours until they open for business.

My boyfriend paid 3 hours before me and I got my verification an hour and a half before him. It probably depends on the people processing each account, I wouldn't worry. You'll get yours soon.

Thanks Polly. :)

Aliana wrote: »
    Thanks Polly. :)

How early in the afternoon did you do it? I paid mine around 3.20

How early in the afternoon did you do it? I paid mine around 3.20

Around 12.30pm.

quick question re paying in an AIB branch, I'm with BOI but there's an AIB over the road from work, would I be better paying in cash or can I just use my laser to do the transfer? I rarely ever do anything in banks, and do I need to ask them for something other than the payment slip? if I need something with as much info as it asks on the WTN letter it may not be enough for a small reciept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Went the online route in the end (AIB). Stitched screenshots together of my Payee info, Transfer Log, and added a footnote with the additional info they wanted. Hopefully thats enough:D

someone on here did exactly that yesterday and they were verified

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement