Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Prob a silly question, we are paying today, so we will be ready to move on to the next stage. But I don't have my Police Cert back yet, will this delay me/lose the visa, or if I have my WTN number am I safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

sambuka41 wrote: »
    Prob a silly question, we are paying today, so we will be ready to move on to the next stage. But I don't have my Police Cert back yet, will this delay me/lose the visa, or if I have my WTN number am I safe?

You can't complete step 2 until you receive you Letter of Introduction which they are saying will take around 8 weeks. So you have plenty of time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

If you look at the last few pages of this thread, it's all about the payment part. You can go and pay easily enough and get your proof. However, the next stage is getting this payment to be 'verified'. This seems to be taking longer than the first part. Some have been waiting up to 24hours already (me included). After itsverfiied, its the IEC assesment stage. I don't know if anyone has anyone has passed this yet but to reassure you the Police Cert has not been asked for yet. The Police Certs don't take too long, if it's been over 2/3 weeks, follow up with the station maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I got my payment verified last night about 7pm, now I'm waiting to get conditional acceptance before I can move onto the submitting police cert bit... I'd imagine it could be a day or so.. can't tell you if you're safe or not, but I'd say you're about 2 or 3 days off having to upload it anyways so keep harassing the gardai!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Still waiting for my payment to either be verified or for it to bounce.

Damn BOI, this is not good for my blood pressure! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I wonder when the visa number goes to 0 and i sent my payment yesterday around 15.20pm and proof around 17.45pm yesterday evening but does that mean they will be processing the visas and i just have to sit tight until i get an verification?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Everyone that already has a WTN number and who has payed but waiting to be verified (me included) just chill the beans your place is safe for now , peace out!

Everyone that already has a WTN number and who has payed but waiting to be verified (me included) just chill the beans your place is safe for now , peace out!

how can you be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Karbolt wrote: »
    Still waiting for my payment to either be verified or for it to bounce.

Damn BOI, this is not good for my blood pressure! :(

I am in the same boat Karbolt, it has now been 36hours since i paid with BOI.
    However prettypolly and dmags have both had confirmation of verified payments through BOI online banking with the alternate sort code. So i am hoping it is a back log issue.
    They could be processing the newer transfers that come through first, rather than with the ones that came in at the beginning.

I am going to ring grafton st again this morning though to see if any of them are talking sense this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

However prettypolly and dmags have both had confirmation of verified payments through BOI online banking with the alternate sort code. So i am hoping it is a back log issue.
    They could be processing the newer transfers that come through first, rather than with the ones that came in at the beginning.

I am going to ring grafton st again this morning though to see if any of them are talking sense this morning

I'm the same as your good selves

• Advertisement

how can you be sure?

The WTN number is your number on the list of the 6350 visas on the message you got after submitting your application it says you have till the 8th or 9th of Feb to pay or your place will given away. Go back and read the message you got after submitting your application

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

how can you be sure?

I tells you on the letter, the WTN numbers are assigned to you they have a certain amount, if you have one you're grand. "only people with a WTN will be considered" ergo if you got that far you're sorted. I'm sure the numbers will go up and down once people are rejected or whatever but if you did everything right relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

I remember a poster yesterday that's an AIB employee saying that it takes payments from other banks 1 working day to reach an AIB account... Hoping this is the case and it will have hit their account this morning. Let me know what they say in Grafton St! It doesn't really make sense that some people are getting verified using the alternate code and others are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

to the bank! bringing the wtn letter with me so that have all the info

The WTN number is your number on the list of the 6350 visas on the message you got after submitting your application it says you have till the 8th or 9th of Feb to pay or your place will given away. Go back and read the message you got after submitting your application

well mine is like in around the two thousand eight hundred mark so will that mean i am safe??

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

Im just after going down and paying in AIB. I got a white receipt and a purple lodgment one.

Do I scan and upload both of them? and is the Payment reference number on the IEC site, the number at the bottom of the lodgment one?

well mine is like in around the two thousand eight hundred mark so will that mean i am safe??

Yes your fine aslong as you pay before the date on the message you got :)

Yes your fine aslong as you pay before the date on the message you got :)

Great i paid yesterday around 15.20pm :D but i am worried as the visa numbers are going down and i havent got got my verification :(

Great i paid yesterday around 15.20pm :D but i am worried as the visa numbers are going down and i havent got got my verification :(

I payed yesterday aswell and still no word but I have my WTN number and I payed using ulsterbank and it says on my receipt that they wont get the money till today so im not worried yet.

I payed yesterday aswell and still no word but I have my WTN number and I payed using ulsterbank and it says on my receipt that they wont get the money till today so im not worried yet.

Aw well lucky you, i am banking with AIB and it doesnt say when they will get it, maybe i should pop in and ask??

• Advertisement

Aw well lucky you, i am banking with AIB and it doesnt say when they will get it, maybe i should pop in and ask??

Wouldnt do any harm mate, but they are bound to be flat out processing and veryfying peoples payments because there was a mental rush there first two days so its gonna take time no need to panic or worry . WE are in the queue and thats the main thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Just a quick one if anyone can help???

FOr the personal details part on the IEC part, I never put my middle name in along with my full name.

Is it essential for it to be on it or does it matter at this stage?

Can someone please clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

I have been trying to upload passport photo onto application but when I click on "Upload" the link disappears. Can anyone help, please?

Wouldnt do any harm mate, but they are bound to be flat out processing and veryfying peoples payments because there was a mental rush there first two days so its gonna take time no need to panic or worry . WE are in the queue and thats the main thing!

Ya very true, you only paid the one payment yesterday of 120 right?? in the queue ready to snap that visa :P!!! Thanks man i feel relaxed, i owe you a beer over! What part you thinking of hitting first?

Ya very true, you only paid the one payment yesterday of 120 right?? in the queue ready to snap that visa :P!!! Thanks man i feel relaxed, i owe you a beer over! What part you thinking of hitting first?

Yeah 120 mate chill out lol, Thinkin on hittin Alberta out to the oil rigs is my plan anyway. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Mongarra wrote: »
    I have been trying to upload passport photo onto application but when I click on "Upload" the link disappears. Can anyone help, please?

If your on the first stage the iec kompass, i think its the id part of the passport you want, when your upload it should say successfully uploaded and there should be a view button (meaning id passport uploaded click on it and it will download your uploaded file) beside where you uploaded the id page of passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Karbolt wrote: »
    I remember a poster yesterday that's an AIB employee saying that it takes payments from other banks 1 working day to reach an AIB account... Hoping this is the case and it will have hit their account this morning. Let me know what they say in Grafton St! It doesn't really make sense that some people are getting verified using the alternate code and others are still waiting.

I have just rang aib grafton st branch again, on 016713011.
    Got through to a girl called lorrie. She claimed the same as the girl i was talking to yesterday, that if the payment was made with the incorrect sort code the payment would be rejected. She said the problem lied with the BOI for not allowing the 'old' sort code as it is live and has not expired.
    She would not tell me the status of my payment as she said she did not have permissions to do so.

Feel free to ring and see if they tell you different.

I think i will check with BOI to see the status of my payment with them.

Yeah 120 mate chill out lol, Thinkin on hittin Alberta out to the oil rigs is my plan anyway. You?

Aw ya? sounds good but you me experienced in that department? I am think Calgary.

Ah i just relised yesterday i did not shorten the number as they said in the email WTN, so the last 2 digits didn't fit in the machine as the girl put it in for me (but she told me to write the whole of it including the two digits down bellow in the receipt and of course everything i needed to include), so i written it in the full thing in writing down bellow on the receipt and then scanned it, send it as proof, hope that doesn't make a difference :/!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

Still waiting on confirmation of confirm payment,the anxiety is mental!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

I paid mine last night using RABO, had to screen shot and paste stuff to get all the required info and PDF it and uploading it this morning. I called them and they advised that AIB wont have it until tomorrow so I suppose I might be tomor or monday by the time I get verification if it actually takes that long. Does anyone have an estimate of the time to get the actual letter of intro. I am finished up in work in three weeks and am trying to estimate how long I will be out of work, I will be broke if it is too long

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement