Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

i dont think i did, i assumed when i clicked on the file it was uploaded, but i went back did it all again and then clicked upload and verify and now when I go back to Iec application, it says payment proof:locked, so i assume i did it right this time

thanks for postin this ,i had red x since five oclock yesterday :o
    sorted it now just in time for them ,when there starting work ,
    all sorted now ,off for a coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Gintonious wrote: »
    Ok, I am BOI, what code do I use?

Best advice would be to go to an AIB branch and transfer at the counter if you can.

Staff at the grafton st branch have told me that payments using the other sort code may be rejected.

That said two users here have had payments verified, dmags and prettypolly.
    However there are quite a few more who have been waiting nearly 40hours now for payment verification.
    Both banks involved will neither confirm or deny payments using the other sort code have been sucessfull or not

• Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Best advice would be to go to an AIB branch and transfer at the counter if you can.

Staff at the grafton st branch have told me that payments using the other sort code may be rejected.

That said two users here have had payments verified, dmags and prettypolly.
    However there are quite a few more who have been waiting nearly 40hours now for payment verification.
    Both banks involved will neither confirm or deny payments using the other sort code have been sucessfull or not

Ill play it sasfe and just to go the bank tomorrow on my lunch, I'll bring the PDF printed with me tomorrow with the details on it, hopefully that will do.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Ill play it sasfe and just to go the bank tomorrow on my lunch, I'll bring the PDF printed with me tomorrow with the details on it, hopefully that will do.

Thanks.

If your going to AIB and your with BOI, make sure to get the entire stamped lodgement slip photocopied and make sure to put the IE number on it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

hey guys, i've gone through pages of this thread and can't get the iron-clad answer i'm after. I am with BOI and planning on going into AIB presently. for the 'name of account holder' and 'account number' required on our proof of payment do they mean the canadian embassy's details or our own? As a BOI customer i don't have an account with AIB and would be paying cash. Also do they give you a reference number? Someone I know seems to think they dont??

• Advertisement

its reported that the BOI online is working

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

MKcin wrote: »

Application Status
    Submited
    Participation Fees and Proof of Payment
    Verified
    IEC Assessment
    Pending
    Immigration Assessment
    Pending
    Final Decision
    Pending
    You have 2 new message(s) in My Messages

Hi MKcin

I'm just wondering what the 2nd message is. My friend has had their payment verified since yesterday afternoon but still only has the original request for payment message. I'm looking after both of our applications so I'm concerned I may have made an error.

Thanks

would someone mind filling some of us in on what to do if walking in and paying in AIB? for the 'name of account holder' and 'account number' required on our proof of payment do they mean the canadian embassy's details or our own? As a BOI customer i don't have an account with AIB and would be paying cash.

would someone mind filling some of us in on what to do if walking in and paying in AIB? for the 'name of account holder' and 'account number' required on our proof of payment do they mean the canadian embassy's details or our own? As a BOI customer i don't have an account with AIB and would be paying cash.

the canadian embassy details, your details will be your signature and ie number

brilliant mate cheers, just wanted to get that cleared up before dropping in.

• Advertisement

brilliant mate cheers, just wanted to get that cleared up before dropping in.

make sure to get the entire stamped lodgement slip photocopied.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

still waiting on my payment being passed, its been 24 hours ... i paid with ulster bank has anyone else have to wait this long with ulster bank? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

well media101 the payment is only due to go in today so it wont be till tonight till you hear something. so i would not be worrying:D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

media101 wrote: »
    still waiting on my payment being passed, its been 24 hours ... i paid with ulster bank has anyone else have to wait this long with ulster bank? :confused:

I'm with Permanent TSB and I've been waiting since 8am yesterday. I think it takes one working day to go through from banks other that AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

The IEC applies the principle of "first come, first served" for both assigning places and processing applications in each stage. If you are taking more time than another applicant to pay your participation fees or to submit your application to Stage 2 (MyCIC), other applications may be proccesed before yours.
    The faster you pay and submit info the better !!!! AIB is the fastest.(check Processing times) http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/processing_service-delai_traitement.aspx?view=d

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Thanks.

I would advise going to the bank! My boyfriend and I both used the other sort code (he paid with Ulster Bank online) and it was the most nerve wrecking few hours waiting for verification. Thankfully we got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Just posting that I am still on Pending for the verification of my funds. I paid in branch transfer AIB yesterday at 12:30 approx and uploaded my proof at approx 3pm. Just to give people some semblence of timing, that is where I stand

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭iprawn

Hey,

At the end of the online application it asks for ''IEC online account password''
    Where can i get this? i dont remember creating one? i obviously must have though?
    Can anyone help with this?
    Im retarded

iprawn wrote: »
    Hey,

At the end of the online application it asks for ''IEC online account password''
    Where can i get this? i dont remember creating one? i obviously must have though?
    Can anyone help with this?
    Im retarded

its the password you used to create the kompass acc with.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

hdowney wrote: »
    Just posting that I am still on Pending for the verification of my funds. I paid in branch transfer AIB yesterday at 12:30 approx and uploaded my proof at approx 3pm. Just to give people some semblence of timing, that is where I stand

yep your times are generally the same as mine....im still waiting also.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

How is the proof of payment named for when uploading..e.g IExxxxxx or just payment?

gary27 wrote: »
    make sure to get the entire stamped lodgement slip photocopied.

one more quick Q, for the 'name of financial institution' requirement on proof of payment is that the bank you paid it in or 'Allied Irish Bank Plc' in accordance with their details?

zweton wrote: »
    How is the proof of payment named for when uploading..e.g IExxxxxx or just payment?

you mean name of file that is uploaded if so, i named it paymentreceiptIECmyname thats how i did it.

one more quick Q, for the 'name of financial institution' requirement on proof of payment is that the bank you paid it in or 'Allied Irish Bank Plc' in accordance with their details?

it says AIB on the lodgement slip so i'm guessing it will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

krudler wrote: »
    just google search firefox or chrome (there's a link to chrome on googles homepage), click the link, install, it does the rest itself

Many thanks for that. I will know for future reference how to change browser.

In the meantime I asked a pal and it has at least been sent.

thanks buddy, spooked about being shafted over some bull**** detail and not hearing til april 1st. cheers for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

archicraft wrote: »
    yep your times are generally the same as mine....im still waiting also.:(

what bank did ye use?

i paid min at 1.15pm yesterday and uploaded receipt at 4pm and am still waiting verification, i used PTSB...wish they would hurry up at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

what bank did ye use?

i paid min at 1.15pm yesterday and uploaded receipt at 4pm and am still waiting verification, i used PTSB...wish they would hurry up at this stage

I used AIB online, very stressful process:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

what bank did ye use?

You have to remember that the payments are being processed in Ottawa, 5 hours behind us. When you submitted your proof of payment the office had only been open two hours and the had to process all the payments that came in the previous night after business hours/ before yours that day. Some people have been waiting a really long time to get theirs verified, it took me almost 7 hours and I seemed to have beaten the rush as I paid as soon as the bank had opened. I wouldn't be too worried just yet! :)

On another topic, I was just wondering how they're assessing how many places are remaining? Are the allocating a place as soon as someone opens a Kompass account or after proof of payment or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

Hi guys im after paying for the visa in Aib and i filled out a lodgement slip in the aib and she gave me the receipt part of that ''lodgement slip'' but has my world wide tracking number on it as well. i scanned and uploaded this

WILL THIS DO ? I ALL READY SUBMITTED MY APLLICATION

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement