Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LightTurtle

Been having the same problem all day long, cleared cookies too and still no change. Will keep on trying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

i got back in getting to the login screen through the original kompass a/c activation email. i erased my details, reentered them and it worked for me. not saying this will work and i might have just got lucky but that was my method. keep trying and dont worry bout it. you will get back on and your a/c is going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Paddy_kool wrote: »
    Jesus what kind of people are applying for visas?
    The amount of people on here who can hardly use a computer and can't be holed to read the application process properly..
    It's not all that difficult :confused:

In fairness the payment process is a joke.
    Its way way more complex than it needs to be , why they just didnt have an option to pay by credit card/paypal is beyond me.

That coupled with the fact that number of visas left is rapidly shrinking I dont blame people for panicking to be honest.

It's the original registration that this problem is happening with unfortunately Jimmy. Very frustrating! Thanks for the help though, will persist until it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Message for Karbolt and y2gray1895 and any other poor unfortunates who used the alternate sort code for BOI transactions.

My payment has been confirmed and verified.

I would still advise anyone else against using this sort code as AIB staff are still claiming that payments made with this sort code may be rejected.

But for those who have used it already, you can take some comfort that now 3 boardies prettypolly, dmags and myself have had our payments verified using online365

This message only concerns those paying or who have paid through BOI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

Paddy_kool wrote: »
    Jesus what kind of people are applying for visas?
    The amount of people on here who can hardly use a computer and can't be holed to read the application process properly..
    It's not all that difficult :confused:
    At least every 1 is making a effort f--k paying TAX to the irish goverment its a joke here:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 natalieoc

i got back in getting to the login screen through the original kompass a/c activation email. i erased my details, reentered them and it worked for me. not saying this will work and i might have just got lucky but that was my method. keep trying and dont worry bout it. you will get back on and your a/c is going nowhere.

I tried clearing everything will just have to keep trying only 1700 left.... Really am worried

Let me know if anyone else registered for a new kompass account

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

My payment has been confirmed and verified.

YAY!!!!!! I'm so delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 saxmaniaque

Well. I am Polish in Ireland hopefully heading to Canada this year. I will aply for IEC 2013 as well. There is la ot of panic going on the site.
    Yous have over 6000 places for 4 milion people. Last year ther was 700 places for 40 milion Polish. This year they might give few extra. That is going to be some panic...

Hopefully all of You will get the place and all the best in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

I'm one of the people who paid with BOI online using the alternate sort code, scanned just a screenshot of the page and uploaded it. Just checked and payment has been verified! For anyone still waiting, I paid at 6am yesterday morning so hang in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lottieapple

Anyone make an international payment?

I hope mine is verified soon or at least rejected soon so i can reapply!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Anyone had their payment confirmed yet today? I submitted yesterday at 8am and still nothing, I'm getting no work done today...I'm so distracted!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Paid mine and uploaded the reciept with everything on it yesterday at 4. Still no sign of confirmation today as of yet. The lady in the bank said it went straight through so no problems there. Anyone got delays like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Well. I am Polish in Ireland hopefully heading to Canada this year. I will aply for IEC 2013 as well. There is la ot of panic going on the site.
    Yous have over 6000 places for 4 milion people. Last year ther was 700 places for 40 milion Polish. This year they might give few extra. That is going to be some panic...

Hopefully all of You will get the place and all the best in Canada.
    Yeah its good ireland canada relations are so good, there are a lot of canadians that come here on the program too, probably why ireland gets so many places. Its primarily meant to be a holiday visa though!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

bearhugs wrote: »
    I'm one of the people who paid with BOI online using the alternate sort code, scanned just a screenshot of the page and uploaded it. Just checked and payment has been verified! For anyone still waiting, I paid at 6am yesterday morning so hang in there.

I have done the same but with AIB online. I sent my confirmation last night at 9pm and still no word. Not panacing yet but would love to know either way, nothing worse than waiting:(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Anyone had their payment confirmed yet today? I submitted yesterday at 8am and still nothing, I'm getting no work done today...I'm so distracted!

I uploaded mine at 4. So nothing as of yet. I think we will be fine though, obviously a major backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Anyone make an international payment?

I hope mine is verified soon or at least rejected soon so i can reapply!

Mine was international. Got rejected yesterday, and reapplied today :(

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    I have done the same but with AIB online. I sent my confirmation last night at 9pm and still no word. Not panacing yet but would love to know either way, nothing worse than waiting:(

Why did you use the other sort code if you are already with AIB, who accept the one that the IEC sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I am going to drop into the Grafton Street branch tomorrow and do it in person, that was the best thing recommended to me by someone on here, so if anyone is nervous about the online banking then just go to a local AIB and do it, I am BOI so don't want to take any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lottieapple

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Mine was international. Got rejected yesterday, and reapplied today :(

Oh crap, ok so when u reapplied you did through AIB online banking or whichever?

which is what i was going to do orginally but it didnt seem to have enough info- but reading everyone who "stiched together the info" wish i had done that!

AH omg now im stressed i just hope theres a visa left when i have to reapply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Oh crap, ok so when u reapplied you did through AIB online banking or whichever?

which is what i was going to do orginally but it didnt seem to have enough info- but reading everyone who "stiched together the info" wish i had done that!

AH omg now im stressed i just hope theres a visa left when i have to reapply.

I'm not with AIB. I'm in Scotland, with bank of Scotland.

Tearing my hair out here!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 saxmaniaque

adamski8 wrote: »
    Yeah its good ireland canada relations are so good, there are a lot of canadians that come here on the program too, probably why ireland gets so many places. Its primarily meant to be a holiday visa though!

Yous speak English, that helps too. Australians for instance have no limits at all. British have plenty too . Dont forget about French.

Why did you use the other sort code if you are already with AIB, who accept the one that the IEC sent out?

Sugar, sorry mate. I didnt read that correct. I mean I just did it with AIB online. :(

Sugar sorry mate. I didnt read that correct. I mean I just did it with AIB online. :(

No problem, its just that there are so many people stressed in here its important not to mix up situations for people.
    The only people that need to concern themselves with the different sort code are those dealing or trying to deal with BOI.

I am sure that as long as you have paid using the correct details given by the IEC in the letter, payment will be verified as they move through the backlog.
    Remember i was waiting 40hours before mine came through

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WillPainter

Everyone that already has a WTN number and who has payed but waiting to be verified (me included) just chill the beans your place is safe for now , peace out!

Have you provided the proof as well?

natalieoc wrote: »
    I tried clearing everything will just have to keep trying only 1700 left.... Really am worried

Let me know if anyone else registered for a new kompass account

I just got registered this minute natalie, I didn't change any of the info I was using, must have just been lucky this time cause I've been at it all day. Keep going you will get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Having trouble uploading proof of payment, server crashing for anyone else?

No problem, its just that there are so many people stressed in here its important not to mix up situations for people.
    The only people that need to concern themselves with the different sort code are those dealing or trying to deal with BOI.

I am sure that as long as you have paid using the correct details given by the IEC in the letter, payment will be verified as they move through the backlog.
    Remember i was waiting 40hours before mine came through

I tell you what I did in the end. I did the internet payment and could not get a reciept or I didnt take a screen shot like a quite a few so I kinda cheated. I went back into my internet banking and started as if I was doing a new payment, I entered all the same info up until I had to confirm payment, then I took a screen shoot with all the details and uploaded it too my IEC account. Now I have not been confirmed but I hope I will be ok. It was either that or lose 120 quid I reckon.

Anyway still waiting, fingers crossed!!!! If it works it works if not Ill just try again. I was a ball of stress yesterday, calmed down now.

I tell you what I did in the end. I did the internet payment and could not get a reciept or I didnt take a screen shot like a quite a few so I kinda cheated. I went back into my internet payment and started as if I was doing a new payment, I entered all the same info up until I had to confirm payment, then I took a screen shoot with all the details and uploaded it too my IEC account. Now I have not been confirmed but I hope I will be ok. It was either that or lose 120 quid I reckon.

Anyway still waiting, fingers crossed!!!! If it works it works if not Ill just try again. I was a ball of stress yesterday, calmed down now.

I wouldnt worry too much about that, it seems several people here have done the same.
    Indeed my print out confirmation from 365onlineBOI did not have all the information that it said was required on the letter, but i had no option but to use it anyway, because it was too late for a screen shot and that was fine. So i dont think you will have a problem.

I think they are asking for the confirmation upload just an additional measure incase payment amounts are incorrect, or if reference id do not match.

If you have put in the correct payment reference and amount, i am sure they dont even look at the uploaded attachment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 natalieoc

I just got registered this minute natalie, I didn't change any of the info I was using, must have just been lucky this time cause I've been at it all day. Keep going you will get through.
    I'm just going through it how do I add the 5 years worth of jobs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement