Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

natalieoc wrote: »
    I'm just going through it how do I add the 5 years worth of jobs?

click on the the link, enter the details of the job, save, then click "return to application" or whatever it's called, then start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Hi Folks,
    I payed by just going into my local AIB. but the receipt they gave me had none of my personal account info. so i had to write the Payment reference on the receipt, tape it to a printed estatement and scanned them together. Does anyone know if that will be acceptable???

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

I wouldnt worry too much about that, it seems several people here have done the same.
    Indeed my print out confirmation from 365onlineBOI did not have all the information that it said was required on the letter, but i had no option but to use it anyway, because it was too late for a screen shot and that was fine. So i dont think you will have a problem.

I think they are asking for the confirmation upload just an additional measure incase payment amounts are incorrect, or if reference id do not match.

If you have put in the correct payment reference and amount, i am sure they dont even look at the uploaded attachment

I think the last part you have mentioned there is the most important part, the reference number, Its on the screen shot and in the payment reference on the IEC page, so yeah I reckon I should be sound.

I also rang AIB 365 and they said they could see the payment in their(IEC) account with reference on it.

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I payed by just going into my local AIB. but the receipt they gave me had none of my personal account info. so i had to write the Payment reference on the receipt, tape it to a printed estatement and scanned them together. Does anyone know if that will be acceptable???

As far as Im aware that is spot on mate. A lot of people have done the same and have been verified;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

This is all im geting for the last hour:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

anyone with q's about the process should check this FAQ site first.

http://www.moving2canada.com/planning/iec-visa-2013/

It is really good! or type your query into the search part of this forum, just keep seeing the same q's pop up! :)

zweton wrote: »

I was getting that at the start too, but I uploaded a smaller scan (in black and white rather than colour) it was about 2.4MB and it uploaded. The colour one was nearly 5MB.

Not sure if that was the problem, but maybe worth a try making it smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

Been 36hrs since we uploaded receipt and payment and nothing yet.. hopefully it is just taking a long time for some and that there is no problems. hard not to worry though :(

cheers johnnyc67, i feel better now. the cold sweat has subsided.
    Someone mentioned theres only 1700 visas left. how would they know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

zweton wrote: »

That's a server side error, which isn't your fault. CTRL+SHIFT+R to hard refresh the Canada website, it might do you some good because your cache will be reset. Try it anyways...

• Advertisement

says the quota and amount left on their site

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d

Again as far as Im aware once you get a WTN they count that. Someone else posted a few pages back that once you recieve a WTN you have a chance until your either rejected or expire with details.

Oh ya mean the person who said it. ha doh

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Coffeedragon

Made an international payment this morning over the phone and after the teller assuring me that the transaction would appear in euros my statement it's in pounds. From what I've read it MUST be in euros, or it will be rejected. >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d

right side of the page

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I got the message to my messages in the Kompass acc at half 5 verifying my payment. On to the next stage for me :D

hdowney wrote: »
    I got the message to my messages in the Kompass acc at half 5 verifying my payment. On to the next stage for me :D

Congrats:D When did you send your payment verification?

Cool, cheers man.

Also, whats the story with the Garda clearance forms? Do they request that later?
    Sorry if this Q has been asked already.

Cool, cheers man.

Also, whats the story with the Garda clearance forms? Do they request that later?
    Sorry if this Q has been asked already.

yeah, probs the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

got mine @ 4:20 :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Sorted:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Congrats:D When did you send your payment verification?

I paid in my local AIB branch using the machine for transfer at 12:30pm Irish time on Wednesday and submitted my proof to the Kompass acc at 3pm Irish time Wednesday :)
    archicraft wrote: »
    got mine @ 4:20 :):):)

Good man :D. Hey I have forgotten, when and where did ya say you were going again?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

got confirmation of payment email at exactly 9am canadian time today,wahoo!the visa numbers dropping so fast on iec site,i kno not all of us will get thru the second stage but it took till may last year for them to sell out and this is only day 3!:D

I paid in my local AIB branch using the machine for transfer at 12:30pm Irish time on Wednesday and submitted my proof to the Kompass acc at 3pm Irish time Wednesday :)

Good man :D. Hey I have forgotten, when and where did ya say you were going again?

cheers, Im roughly 6 hours behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lottieapple

hey does this make sense,

so they would only provide the IBAN and swift number aswell as the sort codes and account number if they accepted international payments?

I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waiting for verified or a msg to tell me something. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

cheers. have job leads in vancouver island & calgary & asap...yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mair10

Hello!
    Please forgive me if my questions have been answered but I've been searching around to no avail....

Soooo, I realise I need to apply for our 3 year old daughter to have her own status in Canada as a 'visitor' but does this mean I must set up a Kompass account or can I just name her on one of our applications? It just seems that some of the Kompass questions are not relevant to her at all....!

Also, we have our 2 Kompass accounts & have activated them- does this mean we are considered one of the 4500 people who have been allocated a place on the program or have we to make payment first? (basically does a Kompass account confirm you have reserved a place)?

Sorry in advance if these questions have been answered elsewhere... :)

cheers again jonnhyc67

Mair10 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Please forgive me if my questions have been answered but I've been searching around to no avail....

Soooo, I realise I need to apply for our 3 year old daughter to have her own status in Canada as a 'visitor' but does this mean I must set up a Kompass account or can I just name her on one of our applications? It just seems that some of the Kompass questions are not relevant to her at all....!

Also, we have our 2 Kompass accounts & have activated them- does this mean we are considered one of the 4500 people who have been allocated a place on the program or have we to make payment first? (basically does a Kompass account confirm you have reserved a place)?

Once you have submitted the application, IEC will assign you a World Tracking Number (WTN). Only applicants with a WTN will be considered."

Not sure about the kids, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Mair10 wrote: »
    Hello!

The IEC program is only for those between the age of 18-35, anyone out side of this category will be denied the working holiday visa.

I am not sure that the working holiday visa is the correct one for your situation. Look at the other options on the immigration site.

Also, signing up, or creating an account does not give you a place.
    A visa place is allocated once you have been assigned a WTN, which you get after you submit the first part of the application

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

27 hrs since i uploaded the receipt and im still waiting, paid it at lunchtime yesterday, theyd really want to hurry up am growing impatient

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement