Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

Verified... Yup outa dat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Message for Karbolt and y2gray1895 and any other poor unfortunates who used the alternate sort code for BOI transactions.

My payment has been confirmed and verified.

I would still advise anyone else against using this sort code as AIB staff are still claiming that payments made with this sort code may be rejected.

But for those who have used it already, you can take some comfort that now 3 boardies prettypolly, dmags and myself have had our payments verified using online365

This message only concerns those paying or who have paid through BOI

Thanks, still waiting on my verification but you're giving me hope at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Karbolt wrote: »
    Thanks, still waiting on my verification but you're giving me hope at least!

I think you should be ok, shows how much the folk who work in the bank actually understand the system though.

I was very close to taking out the bottle of whiskey, so i know how your feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dannymoville22

hey just a quck question guys, ive sent my application and i have paid my fee so everything that cud be done so far is done, but when i try and log into my Kompass account it doesnt bring me into my account, it brings me into this page >
    my username and password are correct.

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

anyone have this problem and any reason why my laptop wont let me in? ive had to use a friends laptop this past few days to access my account

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

yeah. i had that problem. clear your cookies then shut your browser and then go in and try it again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

anbrutog wrote: »
    In fairness the payment process is a joke.
    Its way way more complex than it needs to be , why they just didnt have an option to pay by credit card/paypal is beyond me.

That coupled with the fact that number of visas left is rapidly shrinking I dont blame people for panicking to be honest.

Is it? Its this way because of what happened last year, lots and lots of lost payments that they couldn't link to people, all of these mixed up people were put to the back and dealt with at the end. I was waiting 5 months for my visa, my gf got hers in a little over 2 if I remember correctly, that was panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

27 hrs since i uploaded the receipt and im still waiting, paid it at lunchtime yesterday, theyd really want to hurry up am growing impatient

Got mine verified today and it had been at least 2days since i submitted the proof of payment, dont worry it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

27 hrs since i uploaded the receipt and im still waiting, paid it at lunchtime yesterday, theyd really want to hurry up am growing impatient

seems to be few coming through now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

Best advice would be to go to an AIB branch and transfer at the counter if you can.

Staff at the grafton st branch have told me that payments using the other sort code may be rejected.

That said two users here have had payments verified, dmags and prettypolly.
    However there are quite a few more who have been waiting nearly 40hours now for payment verification.
    Both banks involved will neither confirm or deny payments using the other sort code have been sucessfull or not
    Ill play it sasfe and just to go the bank tomorrow on my lunch, I'll bring the PDF printed with me tomorrow with the details on it, hopefully that will do.

Thanks.
    Gintonious wrote: »
    Ill play it sasfe and just to go the bank tomorrow on my lunch, I'll bring the PDF printed with me tomorrow with the details on it, hopefully that will do.

Thanks.

It is true I got my payment verified and I think I kind of started some confusion with using a different sort code with BOI but it was because the other one didn't work.

I only found out yesterday from on here that payments with incorrect sort code could be rejected. So I called BOI and I was told yes it could be rejected but nothing can be done until AIB accept/reject payment. Online transfers seem to work a little like cheques; I saw the money go out and they saw the money go in....but it doesn't clear for 3-5 business days. I'm still waiting to see if it gets rejected or not. If it does, then I still have until the 8th to sort it out. Probably just go into the AIB branch and sort it out. Apologies if I confused the BOI people :(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Also, signing up, or creating an account does not give you a place.
    A visa place is allocated once you have been assigned a WTN, which you get after you submit the first part of the application

So does this mean that 4650 people have filled out the form and haven't neccessarily even got as far as the payment stage?
    So are people flipping out for no reason, if not all of these applications will be passed. Sorry if I'm being simple :D

• Advertisement

dmags wrote: »
    It is true I got my payment verified and I think I kind of started some confusion with using a different sort code with BOI but it was because the other one didn't work.

I only found out yesterday from on here that payments with incorrect sort code could be rejected. So I called BOI and I was told yes it could be rejected but nothing can be done until AIB accept/reject payment. Online transfers seem to work a little like cheques; I saw the money go out and they saw the money go in....but it doesn't clear for 3-5 business days. I'm still waiting to see if it gets rejected or not. If it does, then I still have until the 8th to sort it out. Probably just go into the AIB branch and sort it out. Apologies if I confused the BOI people :(

Its BOI and AIB that confused us dmags not you. I wasnt questioning you i promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

Its BOI and AIB that confused us dmags not you. I wasnt questioning you i promise.

Thanks....I was only trying to help!!

DodoByrne wrote: »
    So does this mean that 4650 people have filled out the form and haven't neccessarily even got as far as the payment stage?
    So are people flipping out for no reason, if not all of these applications will be passed. Sorry if I'm being simple :D

hmmm how to be clearer....

4650 people have received a WTN, meaning 4650 people have submitted the first section.
    But not necessarily paid yet

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

Mair10 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Please forgive me if my questions have been answered but I've been searching around to no avail....

Soooo, I realise I need to apply for our 3 year old daughter to have her own status in Canada as a 'visitor' but does this mean I must set up a Kompass account or can I just name her on one of our applications? It just seems that some of the Kompass questions are not relevant to her at all....!

Also, we have our 2 Kompass accounts & have activated them- does this mean we are considered one of the 4500 people who have been allocated a place on the program or have we to make payment first? (basically does a Kompass account confirm you have reserved a place)?

Sorry in advance if these questions have been answered elsewhere... :)

I wouldn't think she needs her own kompass account. I'd imagine you will have to add her in the next stage of the process, in stage 2 they might have the family information form that they had last year where you would add her info. If she is school going age then she needs a study permit, you said she is 3 so pretty sure she doesn't need the permit. you might have to show you have money (proof of funds $2500 for 1 person) to support her too.

I'm not certain either to be honest. My advice is to email info@moving2canada.com, they have a facebook site too. I found them very helpful. They will certainly be able to point you in the right direction.

Also, nobody knows if you are guaranteed a position from just registering, or if you are one of the quota, but most of us ( I think) are assuming that your place is held once you have submitted your application and have your WTN

Best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

aha, it just seemed from the way people are acting that the visas are gone, but they aren't for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

Mair10 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Please forgive me if my questions have been answered but I've been searching around to no avail....

Soooo, I realise I need to apply for our 3 year old daughter to have her own status in Canada as a 'visitor' but does this mean I must set up a Kompass account or can I just name her on one of our applications? It just seems that some of the Kompass questions are not relevant to her at all....!

Also, we have our 2 Kompass accounts & have activated them- does this mean we are considered one of the 4500 people who have been allocated a place on the program or have we to make payment first? (basically does a Kompass account confirm you have reserved a place)?

Sorry in advance if these questions have been answered elsewhere... :)

Im in the same situation as you - we have a 2 year old daughter so we just applied for for an iec each and presume we add our daughter on at the next stage. Iv sent them a message from my kompass account to see if this is correct so will let you know if they get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Aloha guys!

So a question I havent seen brought up here yet, and cant seem to find anywhere in the FAQ's or anything. Will be contacting the embassy but thought i might just check if anyone here had a morsel of info.

If one was to apply and obtain the 2 year visa, when do you think the LATEST date you could arrive in Canada to start your visa would be? ie if you applied now and circumstances changed and you couldnt leave until sometime next year, would the overlap in years render the visa defunct or not?

Cheers guys, hope everyone gets to where they wanna go, Canada is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

dmags wrote: »

The only thing ill say on this is when I sent in my confirmation I stated which sort code I used in big bold print and sent a mail saying that I had used an alternative sort code as I couldn't use the other and they still verified it. Not that it means we're definitely fine but I made it really clear to them. And I know some people had some stuff sent back that was unclear.

My mom uses two sort codes for her AIB branch in Waterford, she said two banks merged so she can transfer money into her account using the old sort code or the new one. Again, Not saying we're definitely fine, it's just another bit of reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Quick Tip

If you do an electronic payment from any other bank it will not reach the AIB Canadian visa account until the NEXT working day IF done by 2.30pm if it is done AFTER this it will be the day after this again (if done today after 2.30pm will reach AIB account on Monday.) IEC can't verify your payment until it reaches their bank account obviously. I did mine after 2.30pm yesterday (Wednesday), so that means the IEC won't verify me till tomorrow (Friday) at some stage, so people out there relax!!

Hope info has helped you :D, I know it has made me relax a lot better knowing it :D!

Good luck guys :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Aloha guys!

So a question I havent seen brought up here yet, and cant seem to find anywhere in the FAQ's or anything. Will be contacting the embassy but thought i might just check if anyone here had a morsel of info.

If one was to apply and obtain the 2 year visa, when do you think the LATEST date you could arrive in Canada to start your visa would be? ie if you applied now and circumstances changed and you couldnt leave until sometime next year, would the overlap in years render the visa defunct or not?

Cheers guys, hope everyone gets to where they wanna go, Canada is fantastic!

I think you have a whole year once you get it, so for example you apply and everything works out and you get it in March of this year, once you enter Canada you start off your 2 years, so you could go next Jan for example then you have 2 years in Canada starting next January if that makes sense to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lottieapple

Just recived this in my messages,
    I made an internatinla wire transfer, not sure what i need to do next. My US bank is kinda uselsess.

Please note that your proof of payment does not have sufficient information for the IEC team to verify your payment. At this time we request that you upload a more detailed proof of payment through MyMessages that indicates the details of the account which received the deposit made on January 30th, 2013. Please ensure that it includes the following information:

- Amount, including currency, paid

International Experience Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 8 natalieoc

I finally got my Kompass account registered and filled everything in. How long before they send me the mail to make payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

natalieoc wrote: »
    I finally got my Kompass account registered and filled everything in. How long before they send me the mail to make payment?

I think some people had to wait few hours, I got mine instantly. Check your mail and the messages section on your kompass acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

So once you receive your Proof of payment verification message/letter what happens next? Do we just wait and see if we are eligible for Stage 1 IEC Initiave? Or do we have to submit something else?

Couple of hours, it vaires but shouldnt take too long. you will get an email to your personal email saying you have a new message.

Just recived this in my messages,
    I made an internatinla wire transfer, not sure what i need to do next. My US bank is kinda uselsess.

Please note that your proof of payment does not have sufficient information for the IEC team to verify your payment. At this time we request that you upload a more detailed proof of payment through MyMessages that indicates the details of the account which received the deposit made on January 30th, 2013. Please ensure that it includes the following information:

- Amount, including currency, paid

International Experience Canada

ALSO got a missed call from an Uknown number a couple of mins after i recieved this message... AHHH maybe it was the IEC :(:eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

Hopefully this might help some people.. I used online AIB banking and transfered the money across to the account they wanted.. I took a screenshot of the reciept under the 'transfer and payments' page on the aib site.. it was under the tab of 'view payment logs' .. below is the screenshot I took.. I obviously photoshopped out the half with all my details but I sent this is in and about 30+ hours later it was verified today.. hope this helps people who went my route

Screenshot2013-01-31at202632_zps31527737.png

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Paid with Ulster Bank, in a branch, not online at 10am, uploaded receipt at 11:30am & received the verification message at 6:30pm. Just said I'd let you know because someone stated that if you use any other bank but AIB it would take either one or two working days for the money to go through. That info seems incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I got mine in literally 5 mins, some people were waiting a while, check your junk mail my gmail sent it in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Paid with Ulster Bank, in a branch, not online at 10am, uploaded receipt at 11:30am & received the verification message at 6:30pm. Just said I'd let you know because someone stated that if you use any other bank but AIB it would take either one or two working days for the money to go through. That info seems incorrect.

I done mine with Ulsterbank yesterday at 1.00pm uploaded at about 4 yesterday and still aint been verified......:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement