Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

ALSO got a missed call from an Uknown number a couple of mins after i recieved this message... AHHH maybe it was the IEC :(:eek::confused:

Their dealing with 1000s of applicants, they are not going to ring you lol your not even a number to them.

Review the details you need for the transaction, type them out and send them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Just an update i paid mine at about 3 yesterday in ulster bank uploaded at about 9 last night and just checked now and it has been verified but no message as of yet as mart said they are dealing with thousands so be patient :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

paid mine with ulster bank and im waiting 30 hours now .... freaking out big time here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

media101 wrote: »
    paid mine with ulster bank and im waiting 30 hours now .... freaking out big time here!!!

relax.............................................................................................by my reckoning its only been open two full workings days......which to me says that its only possible to have been waiting a max of 8x2=16 hours.....and thats only even possible if you had uploaded your payment receipt the minute they launched!.....people need to relax on this thread...its turned into everyone freaking out everyone else.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Mine stated verified on my account this morning (Calgary time), I didn't receice the little msg and email notifying me of the msg until a few hours later, they don't do them in exact order etc so don't think 'how come his is done and mine isn't, whats wrong?' it'll be ok :)

Once your verified its a waiting game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 IEC Ireland

I wouldnt worry too much about that, it seems several people here have done the same.
    Indeed my print out confirmation from 365onlineBOI did not have all the information that it said was required on the letter, but i had no option but to use it anyway, because it was too late for a screen shot and that was fine. So i dont think you will have a problem.

I think they are asking for the confirmation upload just an additional measure incase payment amounts are incorrect, or if reference id do not match.

If you have put in the correct payment reference and amount, i am sure they dont even look at the uploaded attachment

ATTENTION: please be advised that we open each and every attachment, if you do not provide an attachment or your attachment is of poor quality or is missing relevant information, we will request that you provide a new attachment or further information. ~ Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

ATTENTION: please be advised that we open each and every attachment, if you do not provide an attachment or your attachment is of poor quality or is missing relevant information, we will request that you provide a new attachment or further information. ~ Kat

Hi Kat, are you aware of the Bank of Ireland situation where there lies some confusion with sort codes? A lot of people are concerned that payments with AIB will be rejected. Could you clarify this for us? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mair10

ENNE wrote: »

Im in the same situation as you - we have a 2 year old daughter so we just applied for for an iec each and presume we add our daughter on at the next stage. Iv sent them a message from my kompass account to see if this is correct so will let you know if they get back to me.

Thanks so much. Id really appreciate that! Would hate for us to be granted a visa & then realise she needs one! My partner has a job offer in Toronto so we need to get going asap! Where are ye heading?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Hi, I did both mine and my OH applications.We both just got verified :)
    Paid yesterday, cash into AIB at 13:30, uploaded at 14:00. We put the wrong WTN in- the full version and not the shortend version. I also put the wrong proof of payment date in the form before uploading! was worried the mistakes would get us rejected. But I wrote a message on my account just after I submitted & briefly and clearly stated the two 'mistakes'. I didn't get any message, just status changed from pending to verified but my OH got this message (not email, in the Kompass a/c):

This letter is to inform you that the International Experience Canada (IEC) unit in Ottawa, Canada, has verified the proof of payment that was submitted for your application (HQ-IE-13-WHP-******) to participate in the IEC initiative.

Please note that the application process for the IEC initiative involves two stages. Both stages must be successfully completed before you travel to Canada and begin your participation:

Stage 1: IEC Initiative Assessment (administered by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada): To determine whether you meet the program eligibility criteria, and

Stage 2: Immigration Assessment (administered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)): To determine your eligibility for a work permit and admissibility to Canada.

If you meet the program eligibility criteria (i.e. you are successful in Stage 1 of the application process), you will receive an IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter in your IEC-Kompass account. The IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter will include information on Stage 2 of the application process.

If you do not meet the program eligibility criteria, you will receive a letter explaining the reasons for refusal and whether you are eligible to receive a refund of the IEC Program Participation Fee.

You will receive a decision for Stage 1 via your IEC-Kompass account. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly check for new messages under “My Messages” in your IEC-Kompass account.

International Experience Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bellieboobaa

hello, sorry if I'm being really daft and blind here I'm wanting to apply for the Canadian IEC program (obviously :/) Does any one have any information of when we can apply from England I'm hoping to go to Jasper in June and really want to get the ball rolling but it's the first time I've done anything like this and also on my own so kind of keep head butting a brick wall any help or information would be greatly appreciated :). I've created a CIC account and noticed I have to give information on my family thing is I dont know the where abouts of my Dad will this matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

Thinking Calgary / Edmonton area - we have been waiting for these visas to come out since last summer just cant wait until we hopefully get them.

Brilliant :D i just got my proof of payment message one hour after i was verified so it just go's to show there is a backlog:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Folks,
    I have a question about the IEC application and I am wondering if anyone could clarify.

I am currently on the IEC for 2012 in Canada, when filling out the application it asks have I been on a previous IEC. I ticked "yes" as I presumed that seem as I am currently on one but applying for a new one, I would have to click on "yes".
    Am I correct with this or is there any way I could amend that part of the application?
    I have already sent in the application.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Cant even get into my IEC account now. ruddy hell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭horse7

my friend is in canada on a one year iec, march 2012 to march 2013. If he gets his iec 2013 sorted out,can he remain in canada,or does he need to re enter the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Hi Kat, excuse my earlier comment if it goes against your advice.

However you must be aware that no Bank of Ireland customer can use their account to transfer monies to the account details provided by the IEC. Considering that this is the most common bank in Ireland some instruction from yourselves would be greatly received.

As the current instruction from AIB is that, if the alternative Sort code is used the payment may be rejected. Hardly satisfactory

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

horse7 wrote: »
    my friend is in canada on a one year iec, march 2012 to march 2013. If he gets his iec 2013 sorted out,can he remain in canada,or does he need to re enter the country?
    He needs to re enter as far as I know.
    He could head to Seattle or someplace and then enter back into Canada as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IEC Ireland

dmags wrote: »
    Hi Kat, are you aware of the Bank of Ireland situation where there lies some confusion with sort codes? A lot of people are concerned that payments with AIB will be rejected. Could you clarify this for us? Thanks!

Regarding your question to clarify the sort code situation - The information contained in letter 01a - Notice of Receipt is valid. The sort code is the correct sort code. Please proceed using the information provided in letter 01a - Notice of receipt. ~Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Mair10 wrote: »
    Thanks so much. Id really appreciate that! Would hate for us to be granted a visa & then realise she needs one! My partner has a job offer in Toronto so we need to get going asap! Where are ye heading?

Im wondering would it be worth your while contacting the Canadian embassy themselves about this as its not something I'd leave to chance! Probably be impossible to get through to them at the minute but worth a try I'd reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Regarding your question to clarify the sort code situation - The information contained in letter 01a - Notice of Receipt is valid. The sort code is the correct sort code. Please proceed using the information provided in letter 01a - Notice of receipt. ~Kat

This sort code cannot be used with any transfer from Bank of Ireland.
    It is blocked from use by the BOI system as the grafton street branch has two sort codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

hi- I did my payment yesterday in AIB after 2.30pm yesterday (Wednesday), and updated the proof around 18.00pm Irish time, so does that means the IEC won't verify me till tomorrow (Friday) at some stage ?? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

Hi im waiting on kompass confirmation..

Anybody know the best wa to go about paying the fee .i am a bank of ireland customer only .i also have online banking with boi and a paypal account.

can i just walk into an AIB branch and pay it and get them to attach the unique world tracking code and stamp it?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

hey ive sent my application for this years IEC Programme and i have sent the fee also but when i log into my kompass account it wont let me in, it just keeps giving me this page ->

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

any suggestions as to why its doing this? its driving me crazy >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Just got verified after uploading at 4pm yesterday, anyone else waiting i'd say not too panic just strap yourself in and your time will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

danny2013 wrote: »
    hey ive sent my application for this years IEC Programme and i have sent the fee also but when i log into my kompass account it wont let me in, it just keeps giving me this page ->

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/intro_incoming-intro_entrant.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

any suggestions as to why its doing this? its driving me crazy >:(

I've been having bother with mine too, sometimes it will let me in, other times it wont! leave it for a while and go back to it! Iv seen other people have had the same problem!

can someone please help me if you can :/

ok thanks mate al try it again later, it seems to work on other laptops of my friends but not mine for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Just got verified after uploading at 4pm yesterday, anyone else waiting i'd say not too panic just strap yourself in and your time will come.

i uploaded 2 hours after so my time better come man or your dead haha

i uploaded at 9 pm last night and got verified about an 2 hours ago and got my message an hour ago so there no logic as to how there doing it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bellieboobaa

hello, sorry if I'm being really daft and blind here I'm wanting to apply for the Canadian IEC program (obviously :/) Does any one have any information of when we can apply from England I'm hoping to go to Jasper in June and really want to get the ball rolling but it's the first time I've done anything like this and also on my own so kind of keep head butting a brick wall any help or information would be greatly appreciated :). I've created a CIC account and noticed I have to give information on my family thing is I dont know the where abouts of my Dad will this matter?

Please can some one help me ^^^^^^^^:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement