Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

archicraft wrote: »
    Good man :D. Hey I have forgotten, when and where did ya say you were going again?

cheers. have job leads in vancouver island & calgary & asap...yourself?

Hey sorry I took so long. Off relaxing since the payment verified!!! I be the same Van or Calgary (put Van down in the port box since I HAD to pick. Hoping they don't hold you to that incase I change my mind, otherwise more expense for me :/) I don't have any leads yet, gonna go to the expo now and at the end year and see whats up. I'll be likely leaving end this year or very early next at the rate the saving is going (or isn't :/)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

misnormer wrote: »
    1050 places

What shows 1,700 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

thats the WTN he got over an hour ago when he submitted the first form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Waiting on my UK Police Cert, I reckon the spots will all be gone by the time it gets back to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

Waiting on my UK Police Cert, I reckon the spots will all be gone by the time it gets back to me :(

you don't need police cert to apply for stage 1. Register for Kompass account and all you need document wise is your passport uploaded, then the payment. You are time enough on your police cert I would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Went the online route in the end (AIB). Stitched screenshots together of my Payee info, Transfer Log, and added a footnote with the additional info they wanted. Hopefully thats enough:D

Just got verified, if anyones taking the same approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Just got verified, if anyones taking the same approach.
    Wat time u get verified ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dean.kiely

I'm from the North and can't seem to be able to transfer the payment of 120Euros from my bank account but only can do it in sterling.

Can anyone suggest what should I do? There is the option to pay in sterling on the payment stage but I don't want to get the payment incorrect with a false exchange rate as the visa could be rejected, according to the PDF instruction guide.

Also, can anyone elaborate on the 1700 places remaining? Is this the amount of Kompass accounts remaining or the amount of people that are able to reach the payment stage? Or something else perhaps? It seems very ambiguous....

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

dean.kiely wrote: »
    I'm from the North and can't seem to be able to transfer the payment of 120Euros from my bank account but only can do it in sterling.

Can anyone suggest what should I do? There is the option to pay in sterling on the payment stage but I don't want to get the payment incorrect with a false exchange rate as the visa could be rejected, according to the PDF instruction guide.

Also, can anyone elaborate on the 1700 places remaining? Is this the amount of Kompass accounts remaining or the amount of people that are able to reach the payment stage? Or something else perhaps? It seems very ambiguous....

is there not a scroll down in the list of country s of BRITISH POUNDS ,,
    PAY IT THAT WAY ?

also i asked person in bank bout charges and they deduct them from ur account ,just the same as u do when atm withdraw ,
    so once u have 12o euro in there account the bank looks after the charges

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

I got verified this evening took about 24 hours from upload to verification in case anyone is wondering!!!hope this helps!!!
    Anyone got their acceptance letter yet to go onto the next section????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

hegarty147 wrote: »
    Wat time u get verified ?

7:06pm, was out earlier so hadn't checked

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

I have gotten a Work permit from the IEC last year, but i haven't activated it yet, so is there any point in me applying for a 2 year permit this year, or will i be better off waiting off until 2014???? (i know i can participate one more time as i only have a one year permit, but won't activate it until June).

I am bit confused and i know places are going quick. I mailed the CIC, but they haven't gotten back to me yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Sunshine87 wrote: »
    I have gotten a Work permit from the IEC last year, but i haven't activated it yet, so is there any point in me applying for a 2 year permit this year, or will i be better off waiting off until 2014???? (i know i can participate one more time as i only have a one year permit, but won't activate it until June).

I am bit confused and i know places are going quick. I mailed the CIC, but they haven't gotten back to me yet!

The short answer is if it where me I'd be applying right now

Make sure you won't be leaving yourself with a gap between visas!

When do you have to validate the first visa? My concern is they won't let you participate in 2014? If it where me I'd cover my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dean.kiely

Is the amount of work places remaining in connection with the amount of people who have been verified after their payment has been made, or is it to do with the amount of Kompass accounts remaining?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

As far as I know you have to activate your visa before you can obtain another one.

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    The short answer is if it where me I'd be applying right now

Make sure you won't be leaving yourself with a gap between visas!

When do you have to validate the first visa? My concern is they won't let you participate in 2014? If it where me I'd cover my arse!

Yeah i'm not sure, all i know is that i can participate twice, so when i go in June, it's valid until June 2013, but if i apply for the 2 year one now i will have to activate the next one sooner than June 2014 if i get it in April for example.

WasterEx wrote: »
    As far as I know you have to activate your visa before you can obtain another one.

I thought that too, but i mailed them a few months ago and they said i can apply for a second one before i activate the first one, but i don't know if that has changed with the new 2 year visas.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

How long from uploading bank receipt to getting verification or notice of more info needed.
    Uploaded mine at lunchtime Jan 31, no change in status.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Yeah i'm not sure, all i know is that i can participate twice, so when i go in June, it's valid until June 2013, but if i apply for the 2 year one now i will have to activate the next one sooner than June 2014 if i get it in April for example.

I'd try get on the phone to someone, email and through facebook to get the answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

How long from uploading bank receipt to getting verification or notice of more info needed.
    Uploaded mine at lunchtime Jan 31, no change in status.
    Thanks.

join the que, i paid mine at 1pm 30/01, uploaded receipt at 4pm on 30/01 and am still waiting...very frustrating as im not sure if everything is kosher, id like to know either way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

join the que, i paid mine at 1pm 30/01, uploaded receipt at 4pm on 30/01 and am still waiting...very frustrating as im not sure if everything is kosher, id like to know either way...

I uploaded mine at the Very same time man, no response yet either. My bank receipt was perfect too. So I guess there must be a back log??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steve_Finnan

dean.kiely wrote: »
    Is the amount of work places remaining in connection with the amount of people who have been verified after their payment has been made, or is it to do with the amount of Kompass accounts remaining?

Does anyone know the answer to this?Online Receipt from Bank doesn't have my reference on it...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steve_Finnan

The PDF you receive tells you that you have until 09/02/2013 to make the payment

Does anyone know the answer to this?Online Receipt from Bank doesn't have my reference on it...........

Not 100% but in pretty sure once you have got your WTN. You place is reserved, so yes, it's based on the amount of Kompass accounts registered. You have untill the 9th of Febuary to Pay your fee. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong

evan2509 wrote: »
    I uploaded mine at the Very same time man, no response yet either. My bank receipt was perfect too. So I guess there must be a back log??

im in ireland and went into my PTSB branch and he said everything was fine and gave me a detailed receipt so i dont know what the delay is...

what bank are you

im in ireland and went into my PTSB branch and he said everything was fine and gave me a detailed receipt so i dont know what the delay is...

what bank are you

In AIB mate, which is the same bank as the canadian embassy account. So I went in, and the woman said it went straight through there and then. Gave me a receipt with everything needed. Uploaded and. Not a word since. Not stressing though as everything is in order. Waiting game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Hey. I've submitted my application and am waiting to pay/show proof of payment.

Where do I submit proof of payment on the site though? I've literally just sent the appication - and got my WTN number. Everything is "locked" on my "Iec Application" page. Is there supposed to be an option for submitting proof of payment? (They also said I'd recieve a message in "My messages" and I didn't get that, either)

Will I just have to wait until tomorrow when they open in Canada for this to happen or will it happen automatically in an hour or so or is there possibly something wrong?

Thanks for any help. The actual application was straightforward - just made worse by me panicking. The Tracking number's last 4 digits are the amount gone? If so just over 5,500 done then with mine. Glad I checked it tonight, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

what bank are you

Hey I did mine through PTSB and got my verification this evening and I uploaded it yesterday at about half five???dunno if that helps you but just so u know u shud be fine!!!

evan2509 wrote: »
    In AIB mate, which is the same bank as the canadian embassy account. So I went in, and the woman said it went straight through there and then. Gave me a receipt with everything needed. Uploaded and. Not a word since. Not stressing though as everything is in order. Waiting game now.

ya id just like to know either way incase there was any mistake, i dunno do i trust those people in the bank, theyd tell you anything to fob you off so you wont be annoying them...

• Advertisement

flynnser19 wrote: »
    Hey I did mine through PTSB and got my verification this evening and I uploaded it yesterday at about half five???dunno if that helps you but just so u know u shud be fine!!!

thanks mate...wonder what the delay with mine is so....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement