Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

ya id just like to know either way incase there was any mistake, i dunno do i trust those people in the bank, theyd tell you anything to fob you off so you wont be annoying them...

Out places are reserved though, as long as they receive payment by the 9th. So let's not panic mate. We will know soon if it's rejected, tommorow or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

ya i know, ah im not panicing, just annoyed at the hold up and not knowing either way, if there is a problem, it'll be the 4th on monday and time is ticking to sort it...
    im sure it'll be fine though

ya i know, ah im not panicing, just annoyed at the hold up and not knowing either way, if there is a problem, it'll be the 4th on monday and time is ticking to sort it...
    im sure it'll be fine though

Fingers crossed man, I'm in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steve_Finnan

evan2509 wrote: »
    Out places are reserved though, as long as they receive payment by the 9th. So let's not panic mate. We will know soon if it's rejected, tommorow or so.

Really hoping they are reserved.The e-mail clearly states that the payment must be made before 09/02/2013 and doesn't say anything else about it.

Really hoping they are reserved.The e-mail clearly states that the payment must be made before 09/02/2013 and doesn't say anything else about it.

Not gonna stress man. Application is good, passport scan is good. Receipt is perfect. It WILL work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

hey guys
    for those who paid their fee through aib, chances are you were told that it was fine to use one of the regular lodgement forms. when the payment was made i was given the receipt (the small purple and white stub from the left corner) and the girl wrote some extra things on it like my wtn no (just the IE and 6 digits as told to do so in the letter send by the iec) and my name. i was a bit worried at first that this might not be enough but she assured me that they have been dealing with a lot of similar requests from people applying for the visa and that this was how they were all doing it. this was the grafton street branch which is actually the same branch that the canadian embassy use anyway which makes me feel a bit less worried. anyway, my question was, where exactly on this stub is the payment reference number? along the left side of the stub there is a long number in this format 000/000/0000000. is that it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

hey guys
    for those who paid their fee through aib, chances are you were told that it was fine to use one of the regular lodgement forms. when the payment was made i was given the receipt (the small purple and white stub from the left corner) and the girl wrote some extra things on it like my wtn no (just the IE and 6 digits as told to do so in the letter send by the iec) and my name. i was a bit worried at first that this might not be enough but she assured me that they have been dealing with a lot of similar requests from people applying for the visa and that this was how they were all doing it. this was the grafton street branch which is actually the same branch that the canadian embassy use anyway which makes me feel a bit less worried. anyway, my question was, where exactly on this stub is the payment reference number? along the left side of the stub there is a long number in this format 000/000/0000000. is that it?

payment ref number is the ie-00xxxx number

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Hmmmm I'm very confused....

So earlier my payment was verified in my Kompass account, but now when I check my BOI online account, the payment has bounced and the 120euro has reappeared in my account.

It says:

1/02/2013 41489092Ac Invald 120.00

Obviously my using of the incorrect sort code has caused it to bounce, but why then have the IEC verified my payment? Should I email them directly?

Why would they verify it if they haven't actually received the payment? Argh this whole process is not good for my mental health!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Still no option to submit proof of payment. Gah. Does it take a while to show up? Or do I have to pay first? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

I hate posting this and I don't want people in my position to panic but... I just checked my 365 online account and the 120 was returned saying account invalid. Don't know what I'm going to do now, may ask someone at home to please go to an AIB branch for me. The hassle of this is such a pain and so stressful! Thought it would be so much easier all online.

Edit: karbolt just saw your post above mine! Its such a pain, but we have till the 9th anyway so I'm not panicking. Yet!

• Advertisement

bearhugs wrote: »
    I hate posting this and I don't want people in my position to panic but... I just checked my 365 online account and the 120 was returned saying account invalid. Don't know what I'm going to do now, may ask someone at home to please go to an AIB branch for me. The hassle of this is such a pain and so stressful! Thought it would be so much easier all online.

See my post above, I'm in exactly the same boat :(

How can we resubmit payment if that section of our account is now locked though?

Edit: karbolt just saw your post above mine! Its such a pain, but we have till the 9th anyway so I'm not panicking. Yet!

Did you use the wrong sort code too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Have you guys been in touch with iec? My payment was lost last year, the bank teller was so busy telling me about his mates in Canada he completely screwed the payment and I didn't catch his mistake they put to the end but still gave me a visa

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Have you guys been in touch with iec? My payment was lost last year, the bank teller was so busy telling me about his mates in Canada he completely screwed the payment and I didn't catch his mistake they put to the end but still gave me a visa

Gonna have to get in contact with them tomorrow. So annoyed with myself for not waiting and going to an AIB branch to pay instead, but I thought doing it all through BOI online banking would be safer and quicker. Couldn't have been more wrong!!

Karbolt wrote: »

Gonna have to get in contact with them tomorrow. So annoyed with myself for not waiting and going to an AIB branch to pay instead, but I thought doing it all through BOI online banking would be safer and quicker. Couldn't have been more wrong!!

I've sent an email to them asking them what to do. If I haven't heard from them by Monday I'm going to get someone at home to make the payment and email me a scanned receipt. I see in My Messages when you email them you can attach something so I will attach the new receipt and hopefully that will be that. Although just thinking of trying to explain to the folks how to scan and email something, ill be tearing my hair out! :)

By the way yes I used the wrong sort code as well :(

I've sent an email to them asking them what to do. If I haven't heard from them by Monday I'm going to get someone at home to make the payment and email me a scanned receipt. I see in My Messages when you email them you can attach something so I will attach the new receipt and hopefully that will be that. Although just thinking of trying to explain to the folks how to scan and email something, ill be tearing my hair out! :)

I see that BOI are now accepting the right sort code (93-12-33) and it's possible to add them as a payee online. Not sure if I should re-add them and send payment with the correct details. My brain is totally fried and the last thing I want to do is mess the situation up more! I just sent them an email anyway so I'll wait and see if they get back to either of us before sending any more money.

I doubt we're the only ones that this is happening to so I'm trying my best to remain calm for now haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Karbolt wrote: »
    I see that BOI are now accepting the right sort code (93-12-33) and it's possible to add them as a payee online. Not sure if I should re-add them and send payment with the correct details. My brain is totally fried and the last thing I want to do is mess the situation up more! I just sent them an email anyway so I'll wait and see if they get back to either of us before sending any more money.

I doubt we're the only ones that this is happening to so I'm trying my best to remain calm for now haha!

Same thing happened to me. I've sent them a mail there. Please let me know what happens to ye.

There's a number for the embassy in Ireland... I'm tempted to ring it.... Tel.: (+ 353 1) 234 4000 and weep at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dear anyone from the IEC reading, next year: paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

1226 visas remaining......

• Advertisement

Tell them to bring it to a printer scanner place, I know all too well the pains of explaining technology to the clueless and trying to remain calm.

Since the correct sort code is now being accepted by Bank of Ireland I just paid again and sent them the receipt (I also took a screen shot of the payee account details to show it's the correct sort code). Not saying this is the right thing to do, but I'm hoping that by the time they even look at my account again the money will be in theirs showing the exact same reference as before. If it's not, there's always 2014!

I'm also thinking I'm gonna log off boards for the day, panicking got me into this mess, so I think ignorance will get me out of it/keep me sane. Also anticipating I won't hear from them till at least Monday evening is also helping keep me sane.

Good Luck fellow BOI people. Lets all change banks when this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

I agree re BOI, I dealt with them recently when I was applying for a mortgage and they were equally as frustrating, very nice to deal with but dont really think outside the box. My acknowledgement of payment took over 15 hours ish so it does take a time. there is not much instructions as what to do next, it just tell you to keeping check your kompass acc. I have a cert from the garda so not sure what else they might look at the eligiblilty stage, I suppose that you are within the age range and that your garda check is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

does anyone know if a third party can pay on some one elses behalf? my friend is on hols in the UAE at the moment so cannot send the payment, she has emailed me on her PDF, I noticed there is an option when you upload your payment to name a 3rd party on your behalf? the proof of payment however will have my name on the bank acc, I am assuming there wont be any issue as long as the money is there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I've just received the letter regarding payment. Now I have a BOI account, is it now ok to send via the online system? What have people found is the best way to ensure it goes through successfully?

Can I submit it through AIB even if I do not have an account with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is there some special email account you need? I've tried with my college, Gmail and Hotmail account and still getting invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Tell them to bring it to a printer scanner place, I know all too well the pains of explaining technology to the clueless and trying to remain calm.

Since the correct sort code is now being accepted by Bank of Ireland I just paid again and sent them the receipt (I also took a screen shot of the payee account details to show it's the correct sort code). Not saying this is the right thing to do, but I'm hoping that by the time they even look at my account again the money will be in theirs showing the exact same reference as before. If it's not, there's always 2014!

I'm also thinking I'm gonna log off boards for the day, panicking got me into this mess, so I think ignorance will get me out of it/keep me sane. Also anticipating I won't hear from them till at least Monday evening is also helping keep me sane.

Good Luck fellow BOI people. Lets all change banks when this is over.

My BOI payment has also bounced.
    ye are all very honest letting them know.
    I have just sent another payment using the correct sort code as the glitch in the BOI system has now been fixed.
    I have not notified them that the payment has bounced as they have already verified the payment even though it didnt go through and by the time they get around to checking it i presume the correct payment will have come through in their account.

Woohoo i just love the ups and downs this process is giving me!

My BOI payment has also bounced.
    ye are all very honest letting them know.
    I have just sent another payment using the correct sort code as the glitch in the BOI system has now been fixed.
    I have not notified them that the payment has bounced as they have already verified the payment even though it didnt go through and by the time they get around to checking it i presume the correct payment will have come through in their account.

Woohoo i just love the ups and downs this process is giving me!

I kinda wish I'd gone down your route.... DAMN MY HONESTY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Liam O wrote: »
    Is there some special email account you need? I've tried with my college, Gmail and Hotmail account and still getting invalid.

Anyone? Been trying since last night and I can't get past the first screen. Is it something about the password I'm using? All the boxes are ticked.

Just checked my bank account and the money went straight through to the embassy. And my reciept was perfect so I shouldnt have much to worry about? Uploaded it on 4 o clock Wednesday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Liam O wrote: »
    Anyone? Been trying since last night and I can't get past the first screen. Is it something about the password I'm using? All the boxes are ticked.

i used my yahoo account, but just make sure ur typing in the email address correctly and even get someone else to check for you! or maybe ur putting in ur password incorrectly like not matching it or something ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement