Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

evan2509 wrote: »
    Just checked my bank account and the money went straight through to the embassy. And my reciept was perfect so I shouldnt have much to worry about? Uploaded it on 4 o clock Wednesday :(

paid mine on wed too and the money has gone to the embassy too but im still pending!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

media101 wrote: »
    paid mine on wed too and the money has gone to the embassy too but im still pending!!

If you used the alternative sort code then yes, i am afriad guys it is very likely that your payment will bounce.
    The payments that have been returned bounced today appear to be payments that were made before the opening of business on Wed morning.
    So payments made during the day with BOI may be one day behind in the clearing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

If you do an electronic payment from any other bank it will not reach the AIB Canadian visa account until the NEXT working day IF done by 2.30pm if it is done AFTER this it will be the day after this again (if done today after 2.30pm will reach AIB account on Tuesday.) IEC can't verify your payment until it reaches their bank account obviously. I paid mine in the bank after 2.30pm (Wednesday), sent proof wednesday evening aroun 18.00pm so that means the IEC won't verify me till today (hopefully) at some stage, so people out there relax!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

If you do an electronic payment from any other bank it will not reach the AIB Canadian visa account until the NEXT working day IF done by 2.30pm if it is done AFTER this it will be the day after this again (if done today after 2.30pm will reach AIB account on Tuesday.) IEC can't verify your payment until it reaches their bank account obviously. I paid mine in the bank after 2.30pm (Wednesday), sent proof wednesday evening aroun 18.00pm so that means the IEC won't verify me till today (hopefully) at some stage, so people out there relax!!

This is the kind of post I was waiting for! Tha ks for easing the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

but i paid mine at 2 on wed and then uploaded proof at 2.30ish ... i hope it passes or fails me today cause i dont want to be worring all weekend urg :(

• Advertisement

This is the kind of post I was waiting for! Tha ks for easing the pain.

I had posted it yesterday but they have been so much others comment ye prob didn't see it, so press the thank button :P.

but i paid mine at 2 on wed and then uploaded proof at 2.30ish ... i hope it passes or fails me today cause i dont want to be worring all weekend urg :(

Dont worry, i was for awhile but then i called into my local branch and they told me all that and it calmed down, sure they must be under pressure but look at this if you money hasnt bounce and not back into your account your doing well since a few comment back a few have said BOI payments bounced and them people might have to surfer :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Just checked my bank account and the money went straight through to the embassy. And my reciept was perfect so I shouldnt have much to worry about? Uploaded it on 4 o clock Wednesday :(

Uploaded 11am weds ...still waiting

Lads the office isnt open for business yet, so just hold though, it is what i am doing :D!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i paid 2 wednesday uploaded 9 that night and got verified at about 9 last night and an hour later my message arrived so there's no order in the way there doing it seems:D

• Advertisement

for those who want to know, i am with AIB, that is who i asked about when would they get my payment into the canadian bank account etc, so lads its going to be a long day for us as they are 5 hours behind us :/ but we can not do anything about it, so sit tight and grab a beer :D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i paid 2 wednesday uploaded 9 that night and got verified at about 9 last night and an hour later my message arrived so there's no order in the way there doing it seems:D

i wonder what will happen me, i paid at 3.30pm wednesday roughly and upload proof around 18.00pm that evening, i am guessing i dont have that long wait to go...well i hope so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Just came across this article on the Independent

"More than half of Canadian visas available to Ireland for 2013 snapped up since Tuesday"

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/more-than-half-of-canadian-visas-available-to-ireland-for-2013-snapped-up-since-tuesday-3371713.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Liam O wrote:
    Anyone? Been trying since last night and I can't get past the first screen. Is it something about the password I'm using? All the boxes are ticked.
    Is your password too long?
    It stays ticked even if its longer than 12 characters. That stumped me for a while too.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Since the correct sort code is now being accepted by Bank of Ireland I just paid again and sent them the receipt (I also took a screen shot of the payee account details to show it's the correct sort code). Not saying this is the right thing to do, but I'm hoping that by the time they even look at my account again the money will be in theirs showing the exact same reference as before. If it's not, there's always 2014!

Hmmm I'm tempted to do the same. OH is gone off with the laptop to work, think if I haven't heard anything by the time he gets home ill do the same. Very hard to know what to do in our situation! Did you attach the screenshot to an email to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

WasterEx wrote: »

"More than half of Canadian visas available to Ireland for 2013 snapped up since Tuesday"

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/more-than-half-of-canadian-visas-available-to-ireland-for-2013-snapped-up-since-tuesday-3371713.html

I read the article its just warning people about the length of time it may take to get a job and it being more expensive than here,
    I'll take my chances at least I will have hope of getting a job:)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

WasterEx wrote: »

What a totally negative article. "Oh no, don't move to Canada! Stay in Ireland where everything is....Cheap?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The stories of BOI payments being rejected are a worry for me.

Heading to Grafton Street AIB in 20 mins to sort it in person and get all the particulars.

What a totally negative article. "Oh no, don't move to Canada! Stay in Ireland where everything is....Cheap?"

its almost like telling people not to bother moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

BFassassin wrote: »
    Is your password too long?
    It stays ticked even if its longer than 12 characters. That stumped me for a while too.

No it's been 10 or 11 the entire time, I might just wait until 2 or whenever the office opens over there as there's nothing that can be done seemingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Does anyone know when you claim back the tax you paid for the first couple of months of this year, in the case you are leaving the country in a few months.
    Do you have to wait until 2014 to do it or ?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Paid my €120 last night using BOI online. Uploaded a screenshot of the confirmation! I'll try not to log into konpass account until at least mon! Well maybe I'll check it before bed tonight!!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Haha! I know, it's pretty hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Does anyone know when you claim back the tax you paid for the first couple of months of this year, in the case you are leaving the country in a few months.
    Do you have to wait until 2014 to do it or ?

Yes you have to wait until Jan 2014 to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

bearhugs wrote: »
    Since the correct sort code is now being accepted by Bank of Ireland I just paid again and sent them the receipt (I also took a screen shot of the payee account details to show it's the correct sort code). Not saying this is the right thing to do, but I'm hoping that by the time they even look at my account again the money will be in theirs showing the exact same reference as before. If it's not, there's always 2014!

Hmmm I'm tempted to do the same. OH is gone off with the laptop to work, think if I haven't heard anything by the time he gets home ill do the same. Very hard to know what to do in our situation! Did you attach the screenshot to an email to them?

Yeah I did. Kinda wish I hadn't said anything and just sent it off again but at the same time, I thought if I was honest at least they could look back and go... 'ok the payment is late/bounced but it's been sent again'. I'll let you know if I get anything back. I sent them mails before saying I used the wrong sort code and they never made reference to it and still verified the payment. I wonder do they even look at them at this stage?? It's hard to know.

I'm apparently going to be banned from mentioning the IEC or speculating for the entire weekend if we don't hear back by tonight.... that will be hard

It's the Independent... "quality" writing... *ahem*

probably a stupid question does the participation fee cover the cost of the visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

I reckon we stay in Ireland sure why not its great being on the 188 aint it?:D YEA right its alright for that fat cat who wrote the article with her big wage let her spend a few weeks unemployed and see how long it would take her to apply for a visa to a possible better life. lets be real it cant be any worse then here. although i will miss the mammy's home cooking:D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

bearhugs wrote: »
    Yes you have to wait until Jan 2014 to do that.

are you 100% about that?
    As I had someone tell me they managed to claim it in May last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

are you 100% about that?
    As I had someone tell me they managed to claim it in May last year..

Thats correct u claim a month after u leave work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Yeah I did. Kinda wish I hadn't said anything and just sent it off again but at the same time, I thought if I was honest at least they could look back and go... 'ok the payment is late/bounced but it's been sent again'. I'll let you know if I get anything back. I sent them mails before saying I used the wrong sort code and they never made reference to it and still verified the payment. I wonder do they even look at them at this stage?? It's hard to know.

I sent them an email with my new proof of payment attachment this morning, hopefully they will be understanding about it as there are quite a few of us in the same situation. Don't really want to leave anything to chance here so the way I look at it - I made a mistake, better to be honest with them about it and now it's been fixed/the money is on its way to them so all should be good. We have until the end of next week to have our payment submitted so hopefully all of this can be resolved by then.

Raging I didn't decide to go to Australia instead... One of my friends applied for a visa on Monday, had it by Wednesday and the same day booked her flight to go over there at the start of March. So much less stress!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement