Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Probably head over mid-late october, as there are usually winter job fairs that recruit people to work at all the big the ski resorts for the winter ....then hit the POW!! Wooo!!

that is EXACTLY what im doing lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I don't suppose anyone knows how long the stage after payment verification takes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

WasterEx wrote: »
    I don't suppose anyone knows how long the stage after payment verification takes?

depends, for the cash to go through if you paid through AIB before 14:30 it would go through that day, if through AIB after 14:30 it will go through the next working day. I think if you used another bank before 14:30; the next working day. After 14:30 in another financial institution- two working days later. verification will happen a bit after in accordance with this i understand.

in short it takes ****ing ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

no waster ment the next process we have already been verified and got our payment message reciept:D
    waster did ya get looking up the roadhouse many a sess we will have in there all going well:D the havana browns of calgary:D

depends, for the cash to go through if you paid through AIB before 14:30 it would go through that day, if through AIB after 14:30 it will go through the next working day. I think if you used another bank before 14:30; the next working day. After 14:30 in another financial institution- two working days later. verification will happen a bit after in accordance with this i understand.

in short it takes ****ing ages.

I mean after that stage. I've already been verified but I was wondering how long it takes for the next stage to pass through, the 'IEC assessment'. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    no waster ment the next process we have already been verified and got our payment message reciept:D
    waster did ya get looking up the roadhouse many a sess we will have in there all going well:D the havana browns of calgary:D

Roadhouse? Haven't heard of it, I'll Google it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

there's 718 visas left

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

The number is going down pretty fast today...i only got my payment and proof sent off yesterday at about 4, i'm not feeling too confident :/

The number is going down pretty fast today...i only got my payment and proof sent off yesterday at about 4, i'm not feeling too confident :/

I think correct me if am wrong that once you submitted your application in the first stage and given your whp ie number then that is your visa number unless something happens and you don't pay then you may lose your place.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

gary27 wrote: »
    I think correct me if am wrong that once you submitted your application in the first stage and given your whp ie number then that is your visa number unless something happens and you don't pay then you may lose your place.

That's what we're all hoping....but nobody has been able to give much clarification on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

From my understanding, once you've received your WTN, one of the total 6,350 places is reserved for you and you have 10 days or so to pay the €120. My message received from them says that I have until 08/02/13 to provide proof of payment. I'm assuming this means that they'll hold my place until next week, and if I haven't paid by then I'll lose my spot... I could be wrong though, this is only my guess as to what's going on!

That's what we're all hoping....but nobody has been able to give much clarification on that

I hope so too unless there can give out an infinite number of ie numbers then who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Hey...so is this 900 visas left number including those who are asked for payment or is it after the Embassy receive payment and move to next step?
    Trying to apply from Mexico and my computer illiterate folks back home not helping :-)

really?? i've seen people on this saying they've got confirmation emails, but I haven't seen anything yet.
    they must just be really slow today

http://www.international.gc.ca/experience/account_numbers-numeros_de_compte.aspx?view=d

according to this, the WTN is the stage before confirmation. Once you get a CIC number, then you know you have it

Batigol309 wrote: »
    Hey...so is this 900 visas left number including those who are asked for payment or is it after the Embassy receive payment and move to next step?
    Trying to apply from Mexico and my computer illiterate folks back home not helping :-)

Yes I think it includes everyone who has made the initial kompass account registration, including both paid and unpaid applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

really?? i've seen people on this saying they've got confirmation emails, but I haven't seen anything yet.
    ur wtn is the visa that is allotted to u but if u mess up it will be taken off of u and u will have to start from the start again .... thats what i think anyhoo

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Guys I'm into the IMM1295 Doc and its asking for my UCI which stands for Universal Client Identification I believe.What number is this?WTN?

I also having seen anything verification of my payment yet since paying yesterday morning via aib lodgement slip, its probably a backlog to process due to the large volume of applicants. keep the chin up.

I also having seen anything verification of my payment yet since paying yesterday morning via aib lodgement slip, its probably a backlog to process due to the large volume of applicants. keep the chin up.

Gary, your positivity is exactly what we all need :p I need a big drink come this evening......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

jonsnow wrote: »
    Guys I'm into the IMM1295 Doc and its asking for my UCI which stands for Universal Client Identification I believe.What number is this?WTN?

heres what they say..... "Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) UCI (Universal Client Identifier) number: This number will appear on the IMM 5665 form (Letter of Introduction) that you will receive from CIC when your application has been approved. You must present this letter at the port of entry into Canada."

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

DodoByrne wrote: »
    heres what they say..... "Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) UCI (Universal Client Identifier) number: This number will appear on the IMM 5665 form (Letter of Introduction) that you will receive from CIC when your application has been approved. You must present this letter at the port of entry into Canada."

So I wont get the UCI until I get confirmation that my application has been approved?But don't I have to upload the IMM1295 application as part of the process to be approved?

Gary, your positivity is exactly what we all need :p I need a big drink come this evening......

stay positive what else is there to do :)

stay positive what else is there to do :)

PANIC!!!! :eek:

I'm waiting over 50 hrs for verification, and I'm worn out from the worry haha!

PANIC!!!! :eek:

I'm waiting over 50 hrs for verification, and I'm worn out from the worry haha!

yeah panic is another option :D, like that song waiting is the hardest part:)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

644 left. 5706 gone in exactly 3 days...CRAZY...

Lima Golf wrote: »
    644 left. 5706 gone in exactly 3 days...CRAZY...

now 600 crazy indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭The_Poznan

yeah panic is another option :D, like that song waiting is the hardest part:)

haha good man Garry keep all our spirits up I sent mine away 2 days ago now and not a word back either...patients is the name of the game :rolleyes: i think the fact that they replied so quick to the first stage in the prossess has us all ruined...our service level expectations are probably unrealistic considering the volume. Sure keep us in the loop gang let us know when they get back to yous

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

after you submit proof of payment is it normal to have a new message that says status unread. i submitted proof of payment yesterday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Surfn wrote: »
    after you submit proof of payment is it normal to have a new message that says status unread. i submitted proof of payment yesterday morning

Is it normal for proof of payment to say still pending after all uploaded and locked???
    Panic:-/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement