Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

I am in the same boat but paid around 3.20pm wednesday so it would have taken 2 days to go into their account but since you did it lunch time it should of went yesterday, sure my wtn number is 0028**

lunchtime wednesday and uploaded receipt at 4pm from PTSB and not a dickie bird since, dunno if theres a problem or whats the story

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

still waiting, nearly 48 hours now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Gintonious wrote: »
    Has anyone with BOI just uploaded the receipt of the their transfer and got on ok?

Done it with them yesterday morning and uploaded it at half ten, still says pending
    :-/
    when did you upload yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

To be fair they are trying to process nearly 6000 applications and I'm sure they're doing them as fast as they can! I'd say they weren't expecting them to go this quick as they never have before and may not have enough staff to process any quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

lunchtime wednesday and uploaded receipt at 4pm from PTSB and not a dickie bird since, dunno if theres a problem or whats the story

I doubt there's a problem once you used the right account number and sort code. Hell, I used the wrong sort code, the payment bounced and they STILL verified my proof of payment. Makes very little sense to me! It took them 2 days to get back to me and my WTN was 0003**, so the order of the WTN's doesn't seem to matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Well they would let you know if there was a problem, i am sure they have loads of applications to go through even applications from other countries but saying that i think once the visa count goes down to zero they will find it easier and quicker and that should suit us fine :D, we half way in the door as we speak :). Only thing i bank AIB so i did it with them, not sure with TSB to be honest but remain positive, its what everyone is trying to do. I just hope they work tomorrow but who knows! But chill and enjoy the weekend.

Kazkaz2 wrote: »

Done it with them yesterday morning and uploaded it at half ten, still says pending

Plus paid the extra 25 euro for it to be in their account by 3pm the same day...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I haven't yet, but my worry is if the receipt is enough, I had planned on just using a photo of the receipt but I am getting drivers to get the scanner working.

I am worried that it might be rejected on the basis of it not being the full thing!

Gintonious wrote: »

I haven't yet, but my worry is if the receipt is enough, I had planned on just using a photo of the receipt but I am getting drivers to get the scanner working.

I am worried that it might be rejected on the basis of it not being the full thing!

The bank seemed confused at what i wanted...
    they done an interpay plus express and all details they asked for were on receipt, its an A4 sheet receipt so i just went with that

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Plus paid the extra 25 euro for it to be in their account by 3pm the same day...

why did u pay an extra 25euro? there shouldnt be an extra charge???? right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

Girlfriend just got proof of payment verified and she had submitted it on tuesday when the visas came out!
    If yours hasnt been verified just hang tight, it will happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Hitch11 wrote: »
    Girlfriend just got proof of payment verified and she had submitted it on tuesday when the visas came out!
    If yours hasnt been verified just hang tight, it will happen!

thats good to know, thanks! doesnt seem to be any particular order to when people are been verified

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Karbolt wrote: »
    I doubt there's a problem once you used the right account number and sort code. Hell, I used the wrong sort code, the payment bounced and they STILL verified my proof of payment. Makes very little sense to me! It took them 2 days to get back to me and my WTN was 0003**, so the order of the WTN's doesn't seem to matter.

I think what saved us Karbolt was that the BOI online receipt does not show the sort code, so they would just have assumed that we used the correct one. Quite lucky i think really when you think about it.
    my number is close enough to yours around 0008**

I think we will get away with it, payments we made this morning will show in the account on monday. And they are too busy checking the uploaded proof that 6000 people have submitted to notice something up before then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea i paid mine wed at 2 uploaded at 9 that night and got verified last night at 9 with the receipt coming an hour late my my wtn number was below 100 in the last 3 digits wonder would that have anything to do with it:D

media101 wrote: »

why did u pay an extra 25euro? there shouldnt be an extra charge???? right?

the normal one takes up to 2 working days to go into their account and the extra 25 euro was for the express one for same day transaction once paid before twelve

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Does anyone have any idea how long the iec assessment process might take. I know its probably a stupid Q, but just in case anyone's in the know. Cheers :)

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how long the iec assessment process might take. I know its probably a stupid Q, but just in case anyone's in the know. Cheers :)

On the site it says 8 weeks from submitting the first part, which most have already done to the receipt of letter of acceptance, which is what you need to present at the border

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

I think what saved us Karbolt was that the BOI online receipt does not show the sort code, so they would just have assumed that we used the correct one. Quite lucky i think really when you think about it.
    my number is close enough to yours around 0008**

I think we will get away with it, payments we made this morning will show in the account on monday. And they are too busy checking the uploaded proof that 6000 people have submitted to notice something up before then

I'm just hoping my honesty in emailing them about it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass!

Payment is resent now anyway so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Hey all,

Just wanted to tell people I got verified last night - I had gone in to an AIB branch and paid with cash, the girl at the counter filled out the lodgement slip and just gave me back the little stub with a stamp on it. They were really rude and unhelpful in the bank and told me because I wasn't an AIB customer they couldn't help me and so they wouldn't provide any additional proof that I paid - not even just typing on headed paper the info that was on my lodgement slip, plus my name and WTN.

Anyway I just uploaded the little lodgement stub, with my WTN hand written on the bottom, and they accepted it. Anyway just wanted to say I know how headwrecking it is having to wait but I am sure those of you who just submitted the stub will be fine and will be verified! I got the verification letter and copied and pasted it below - it doesn't really give much info on the rest of the process though :)

Subject: Proof of payment verified.

Dear Mr./Ms. *********,

This letter is to inform you that the International Experience Canada (IEC) unit in Ottawa, Canada, has verified the proof of payment that was submitted for your application (************) to participate in the IEC initiative.

Please note that the application process for the IEC initiative involves two stages. Both stages must be successfully completed before you travel to Canada and begin your participation:

Stage 1: IEC Initiative Assessment (administered by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada): To determine whether you meet the program eligibility criteria, and

Stage 2: Immigration Assessment (administered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)): To determine your eligibility for a work permit and admissibility to Canada.

If you meet the program eligibility criteria (i.e. you are successful in Stage 1 of the application process), you will receive an IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter in your IEC-Kompass account. The IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter will include information on Stage 2 of the application process.

If you do not meet the program eligibility criteria, you will receive a letter explaining the reasons for refusal and whether you are eligible to receive a refund of the IEC Program Participation Fee.

You will receive a decision for Stage 1 via your IEC-Kompass account. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly check for new messages under “My Messages” in your IEC-Kompass account.

International Experience Canada

Karbolt wrote: »
    I'm just hoping my honesty in emailing them about it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass!

Payment is resent now anyway so fingers crossed.

Has anyone seen dmags today? I wonder if she is aware that our payments bounced.
    I wouldnt have checked only for prettypolly emailed me this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

400 remaining

thats 94% of the allocated visas taken in just 38 hours. 160 visas allocated every hour since its opening.

Surely with such strong demand they will release a second round of visas in a few months for those who were unfortunate in applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

cheers westerlywanderer

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Ive just been verified and I paid on Wednesday morning! I had to add more proof of payment so if any your receipts do no have:

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number (canadian embassy)
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number:

then get your bank to put it on the receipt and stamp it. Im ptsb too I think its takes longer to verify if you are not with aib or boi. If your waiting a while don't worry you WILL get verified!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

misnormer wrote: »
    400 remaining

thats 94% of the allocated visas taken in just 38 hours. 160 visas allocated every hour since its opening.

Surely with such strong demand they will release a second round of visas in a few months for those who were unfortunate in applying.

I read they are releasing 10,700 next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Has anyone seen dmags today? I wonder if she is aware that our payments bounced.
    I wouldnt have checked only for prettypolly emailed me this morning

Haven't seen dmags, send her a message to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i doubt they will like why would they its first come first serve. plus there is just a yearly quota so next year will be the next chance i would imagine:(

gary27 wrote: »
    Haven't seen dmags, send her a message to be on the safe side.

Ya i just emailed them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chris27091992

I know its been disscussed already but i uploaded my proof of payment yesterday and now everything on the application processs of my kompass account as been locked since then.there is now only 400 places left,kinda of freaking out now a small bit because i've been waiting since last august to apply,ive been ripped off by an organisation over in england called cityvisas for €400 who wont reply to my e-mails or answer my calls.How long does it take for the iec to verify my payment.Im losing all hope haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

misnormer wrote: »
    400 remaining

38 hours? You quite far off there, closer to 80hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

I know its been disscussed already but i uploaded my proof of payment yesterday and now everything on the application processs of my kompass account as been locked since then.there is now only 400 places left,kinda of freaking out now a small bit because i've been waiting since last august to apply,ive been ripped off by an organisation over in england called cityvisas for €400 who wont reply to my e-mails or answer my calls.How long does it take for the iec to verify my payment.Im losing all hope haha

don't worry, it is meant to say locked once you upload proof of payment! everyone with a WTN number is included in the number of visas gone - so if you have a WTN then you are ok. of course if any of us reach a hiccup in the rest of the process then will lose out WTN but so far it's ok. i was waiting over 24 hours for my verification and some people on this were waiting longer. I am sure you will be fine :)

that's awful about that cityvisas place!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement