Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

I know its been disscussed already but i uploaded my proof of payment yesterday and now everything on the application processs of my kompass account as been locked since then.there is now only 400 places left,kinda of freaking out now a small bit because i've been waiting since last august to apply,ive been ripped off by an organisation over in england called cityvisas for €400 who wont reply to my e-mails or answer my calls.How long does it take for the iec to verify my payment.Im losing all hope haha

Paid mine yesterday morning also and still waiting on it to be verified, as far as i can make out it takes a while so don't panic :-) we just have to wait :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I know its been disscussed already but i uploaded my proof of payment yesterday and now everything on the application processs of my kompass account as been locked since then.there is now only 400 places left,kinda of freaking out now a small bit because i've been waiting since last august to apply,ive been ripped off by an organisation over in england called cityvisas for €400 who wont reply to my e-mails or answer my calls.How long does it take for the iec to verify my payment.Im losing all hope haha

sorry about cityvisas, can i ask how you paid them via credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tony1212121

I think we have broke the Kompass login

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I just had a look at the receipt i sent as proof from AIB

Details of your funds transfer made 30-01-2013

Account Debited: Current -0**

Account Credited: NSC: **
    Account Number:*****

Amount (Euro): 120.00

Terms & Conditions apply

Allied Irish Banks, plc is regulated by the central Bank of Ireland

(Written in in the next part since it was not included in the top half)

Name account holder: Canadian Embassy

Financial institution: Allied Irish Bank PLC, Grafton Street Dublin 2

Account Number: 41489092

Amount paid: 120 euro

Date of payment: 30/01/2013

Payment reference: HQ-IE-13-WHP-0028** (Girl who was helping me typed into the machine HQ-IE-13-WHP-0028 and said other 2 numbers would not fit and she continued with the payment and told me to write in the receipt and i know i never read to shorten it)

Reference: IE-0028**

That is all on my receipt that i sent away on proof wednesday evening, i wonder should i added my full name now?? feel like i messed up big time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WillPainter

If a person is rejected, by not paying the fee by the deadline, are they not entitled to apply again next year?

• Advertisement

I think we have broke the Kompass login

haha how you manage that??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tony1212121

Don't know- couldn't login for a few minutes there. Sick of waiting. Going to go out and have a pint. I'm in the same situation as you my receipt did not have the proper information either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Did anyone else nearly put IE-001234 as their WTN ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Martyn1989 wrote: »

yes i did, they said to shorten it in the iec pdf.

Don't know- couldn't login for a few minutes there. Sick of waiting. Going to go out and have a pint. I'm in the same situation as you my receipt did not have the proper information either.

Ya just seen it there, stupid site! Well i added in the information by pen that was left out by the machine, did you do the same?? I only left out my name but i am sure they can track my account number and know who i am etc :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i doubt they will like why would they its first come first serve. plus there is just a yearly quota so next year will be the next chance i would imagine:(

2012's allocation of 5,350 was filled on 28th of may which was 150 days since opening.

The authorities allocated 6,350 which was announced in october/november on The Late Late show.. based on the demand seen in the six months of opening they introduced 1000 more,possibly they were thinking that june/july 2013 the visas would last till.

What has happened is all visas taken in 3 days ,this is the type of scenario where there could be a second round as canada needs labour workers.

The type of people who applied in last couple of days could be a greater proportion of an academic background rather than construction trades and skilled construction workers.
    Applicants of an adademic background would have had an advantage in organization and generally being more computer skilled at getting the documents in at short notice.

hopefully there will be a second round. Whats going to happen to all the document checkers in 8 weeks.!?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Martyn1989 wrote: »

Shamefully yes... Solely because it was the first time the bank were dealing with the new visa payment things and were all a fluster, they even took a copy of my payment form (with my details blocked out of course) so they knew what they were dealing with in future! :P After all that commotion and figuring out how to work the kiosk thingy I very nearly put in that code! Thankfully I copped on just in time!
    I can't believe how fast the visas have gone, three days as opposed to almost 6 months!! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea but there's LMO visa for people with trades and other sorts of visa which suits them better. I dont no i hope there is but i cant see there being more visas this year anyone that has been on this forum last few weeks would have known to apply straight away. That's why i think the first come first serve is the fairest if you had been planning on going to canada you would have all your stuff ready for it opening:D i am tradie myself and i don't know a whole lot about computers but everyone on here is been very helpful so i got sorted:D so it shows you dont need to be a computer whizz kid to apply:D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

gary27 wrote: »
    yes i did, they said to shorten it in the iec pdf.

Haha yes! Funny what blind panic can do to a person lol!

True i was planning since september to apply, and only managed yesterday out of panic when i saw 2668. left....

i was on the forum before and was advised i would be grand as long as apply within the first couple of months!

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea but there's LMO visa for people with trades and other sorts of visa which suits them better. I dont no i hope there is but i cant see there being more visas this year anyone that has been on this forum last few weeks would have known to apply straight away. That's why i think the first come first serve is the fairest if you had been planning on going to canada you would have all your stuff ready for it opening:D i am tradie myself and i don't know a whole lot about computers but everyone on here is been very helpful so i got sorted:D so it shows you dont need to be a computer whizz kid to apply:D

Ah come on i want my status to change :mad:

ha yea some people said it would be ages oh how i laugh at them comments now i knew it would go very quick this year sure everyone is mad to get out of here the money sparks are on a hour is just crazy i cant wait:D just hope i make it through the rest of the process ok:D

The breakdown of applicants could be the following ballpark figures:

Already be in canada :1,500 applicants

Currently in australia and other regions 2,850 applicants

Actual first time irish applicants 2,000 applicants

any maybe only 80% of the applicants will actually use their visa before it expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The Kompass IEC application is offline for routine maintenance. Kompass will be back online at 21:30 hrs Irish time. Thank you for your interest in International Experience Canada.

What have you done, lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IEC Ireland

I think what saved us Karbolt was that the BOI online receipt does not show the sort code, so they would just have assumed that we used the correct one. Quite lucky i think really when you think about it.
    my number is close enough to yours around 0008**

I think we will get away with it, payments we made this morning will show in the account on monday. And they are too busy checking the uploaded proof that 6000 people have submitted to notice something up before then

ATTENTION: Please be advised that we have be alerted of the situation. You will be contacted shortly regarding next steps for re-payment. ~ Kat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

Stressing out. We're in Canada now paid and uploaded receipt tues night (Canada time) and still have heard nothing back.. Just pending... Don't know what to do, would I have heard by now if something wrong?? Can I email iec on my messages and ask if everything is ok?

Karbolt wrote: »
    I doubt there's a problem once you used the right account number and sort code. Hell, I used the wrong sort code, the payment bounced and they STILL verified my proof of payment. Makes very little sense to me! It took them 2 days to get back to me and my WTN was 0003**, so the order of the WTN's doesn't seem to matter.

ATTENTION: Please be advised that we have be alerted of the situation. You will be contacted shortly regarding next steps for re-payment. ~ Kat

Beyonkers wrote: »
    Stressing out. We're in Canada now paid and uploaded receipt tues night (Canada time) and still have heard nothing back.. Just pending... Don't know what to do, would I have heard by now if something wrong?? Can I email iec on my messages and ask if everything is ok?

As you know we have had a high volume of applications received in the first 48hrs. We are working our way through
    the payment verification stage. Please don't worry if you haven't received your Payment Verified letter, as it could
    take a few days. Also, there is not difference in processing time from a Canadian account or International accounts.
    As long as you have provided ALL the requested information contained in your Notice of Receipt letter, payment
    verification will go smoothly. ~ Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thumps

As you know we have had a high volume of applications received in the first 48hrs. We are working our way through
    the payment verification stage. Please don't worry if you haven't received your Payment Verified letter, as it could
    take a few days. Also, there is not difference in processing time from a Canadian account or International accounts.
    As long as you have provided ALL the requested information contained in your Notice of Receipt letter, payment

cheers Kat for that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

I've already resubmitted my payment to the right sort code and sent an email thru my Kompass account to prove it... Hope this wasn't the wrong thing to do! :(

How long do you think we will be waiting till the next step happens?:P i received my receipt of payment last night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Karbolt wrote: »

I've already resubmitted my payment to the right sort code and sent an email thru my Kompass account to prove it... Hope this wasn't the wrong thing to do! :(

I've done this as well Karbolt! Hopefully it will be okay seeing as the money is definitely paid into the right account now.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

I uploaded a pdf receipt of payment e120 from an RBC bank in alberta 48 hours ago and its still pending ? is this normal ????

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

Thank you for your message.
    That is good to know. Yes all was uploaded for the receipt. Thanks for letting me know.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Hope the site is back up at 9.30 as stated, need to get my receipt up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement