Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Gintonious wrote: »
    Uploaded, now the wait. Sure don't we all love a bit of waiting...

HA! iv been waiting till wed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

I presume there is no point checking over the weekend as they wont be working till monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Probably gonna sound like a stupid question but im panicking here and cant een remember the bloody website so forgive me but do you mean half 9 in the mornin.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

no now go go go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pixieprinny

Folk whats the deal with the wrong sort code??

I put my payment through on Wednesday online to the acc details they had mentioned in their email.The money left my bank and everything. Send on proof of payment.

Hopped on here and people are talking about wrong sort codes and account details..I'm usually grand playing the waiting game, starting to stress now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

I dont know about everyone else but they had assured me my place was now booked earleir this week and i didnt need to do anything until our meeting in a cortnight. got an email less than an hour ago saying this is wrong so now im pretty much ****ed. what one earth is the point of the €300 you give those cowboys

thats a joke aint ti ,no way man ,can u not apply urself theres still few left or are they gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

still waiting on confirmation for my IEC Application, ive paid my fee yesterday morning, surely they must be somewhere near mine now, still says pending in my kompass account. maybe al hear from them on monday. nerve wrecking stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

danny2013 wrote: »
    still waiting on confirmation for my IEC Application, ive paid my fee yesterday morning, surely they must be somewhere near mine now, still says pending in my kompass account. maybe al hear from them on monday. nerve wrecking stuff!!

The Canadian offices are closed now, I don't know if they're open Saturdays but don't get too worried if you don't hear till after 2pm our time on Monday. They're currently processing 6000 or so payments, it's gonna take a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

ive paid mine since wednesday morning and nothing yet, looks like i'll have to wait till next week now, bit of a joke!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

everything has to be sorted by the 9th or else your place is gone, if they let you know last minute that there is a problem it doesnt give you much time to sort it out...some of us have to work during the day, instead of running to banks and scanning forms and then not know what youve done is right or wrong....

night mare just, someone made the point somewhere in this thread that why cant they just let u pay with paypal with direct debit. very good point. cuz that system the have going at the moment is just too slow. hope for the best i guess!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

VERIFIED :)

My timeline was as follows:
    Paid in AIB Branch Thursday 31 Jan, 1pm.
    Both uploaded proof of payment 2pm Thursday.
    OH received verification 8pm Friday, 1st Feb.
    I received verification 10pm Friday.

Approx 30hrs wait time. Hope this helps others who may be still waiting! I know the Kompass site was down for a while tonight until 9:30pm, so this could of been giving them a chance to get through the backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

How in the holy hell do I make the IEC Kompass payment. There's nowhere for putting details or anything in and the message they sent me keeps waffling about Java

CatMc48 wrote: »

Approx 30hrs wait time. Hope this helps others who may be still waiting! I know the Kompass site was down for a while tonight until 9:30pm, so this could of been giving them a chance to get through the backlog!

You mean I have to go into the bank to pay it. How in the name of Christ do I do that. Does that mean there's nothing I can do until monday

thats what i was thinking myself, was kind of half hoping id be verified after 9:30 but just gotta keep waiting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

I paid for both of ours on Wed morning, power out Wed night so uploaded Thursday morning at 7. Himself got verified this morning and I still haven't heard. I'm 200 wtn's ahead of him but paid his first....5 mins difference....

How in the holy hell do I make the IEC Kompass payment. There's nowhere for putting details or anything in and the message they sent me keeps waffling about Java

Are you using an iPad or iPhone to view the email? I couldn't access any of the mails they sent on mine. Had to be done on the laptop/pc. Don't think my apple stuff has java enabled or something. Not sure if you can download it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Did u get an email ?

Are you using an iPad or iPhone to view the email? I couldn't access any of the mails they sent on mine. Had to be done on the laptop/pc. Don't think my apple stuff has java enabled or something. Not sure if you can download it for them.

No, iv tried on a PC and laptop, both times i get the same thing and the instructions they give for enabling java dont do anything. This is a shambles, I'm gonna fuckin cry

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

You mean I have to go into the bank to pay it. How in the name of Christ do I do that. Does that mean there's nothing I can do until monday

jack, i payed online(via bank transfer) on wednesday afternoon & got verified yesterday afternoon......im with aib,which are you with?

No, many people have paid online successfully - you just need to ensure your receipt/proof of payment has all the details they require, as per the letter they sent. There's a list of requirements on it.

This has been thrashed out numerous times in this thread, and people who have uploaded payments successfully whether it be physically in the bank, or online, have posted the exact details of what they did and submitted to show others how they did it sucessfully. So I know there's thousands of posts, but go back to pages in the late 90's early 100's and you'll come across sucessful payment details there to guide you.

• Advertisement

hegarty147 wrote: »
    Did u get an email ?

Yeah, they were the times our emails came through. I was unable to check the Kompass account after OH msg'd me to say he got his email, as they had it down for maintenance. Forgot about it then for a while and a notification email came through to me in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭The_Poznan

Verified also high fives...got no email though or nothing in kompass with a link to advancing to the next stage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I wonder did usit just send that to crooked jack or have they made a mess of everyone's application that signed up with them? Either way thats really ****. I hope you get it all sorted crooked jack.

The_Poznan wrote: »
    Verified also high fives...got no email though or nothing in kompass with a link to advancing to the next stage :rolleyes:

Well when I say email, I mean I got an email in my external mail. It said that I had a new mail in my Kompass account to go and view it.

The Kompass one said:

This letter is to inform you that the International Experience Canada (IEC) unit in Ottawa, Canada, has verified the proof of payment that was submitted for your application (HQ-IE-13-WHP-XXXXXX) to participate in the IEC initiative.

Please note that the application process for the IEC initiative involves two stages. Both stages must be successfully completed before you travel to Canada and begin your participation:

Stage 1: IEC Initiative Assessment (administered by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada): To determine whether you meet the program eligibility criteria, and

Stage 2: Immigration Assessment (administered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)): To determine your eligibility for a work permit and admissibility to Canada.

If you meet the program eligibility criteria (i.e. you are successful in Stage 1 of the application process), you will receive an IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter in your IEC-Kompass account. The IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter will include information on Stage 2 of the application process.

If you do not meet the program eligibility criteria, you will receive a letter explaining the reasons for refusal and whether you are eligible to receive a refund of the IEC Program Participation Fee.

You will receive a decision for Stage 1 via your IEC-Kompass account. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly check for new messages under “My Messages” in your IEC-Kompass account.

And my status now looks like this:

My Application StatusWTN: HQ-IE-13-WHP-XXXXXX
    last updated 01/02/2013 6:47:04 PM

Application Status
    Submited
    Participation Fees and Proof of Payment
    Verified

IEC Assessment
    Pending
    Immigration Assessment
    Pending

Final Decision
    Pending

i paid through ulster bank on thursday morning and they said it will be with them today, i just forwarded 120 euro to that bank account that they give you in the message that ye get in yer iec account, so everything is done, i guess theres thousands to get through, only 400 or sumthin left :O

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

i paid through ulster bank on thursday morning and they said it will be with them today, i just forwarded 120 euro to that bank account that they give you in the message that ye get in yer iec account, so everything is done, i guess theres thousands to get through, only 400 or sumthin left :O

The places already allocated refer to those who have their kompass account set up and their WTN number received. Once you have that already (which you obviously have if you're at the payment stage) you'll be fine! :)

ok great , thats fantastic, thankyou , i will let you guys know when i get word :D

I dont know what any of this stuff means. I dont have online banking. The message they sent me wont open, just keeps waffling about fucking java. I take it I cant just pay with a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

I dont know what any of this stuff means. I dont have online banking. The message they sent me wont open, just keeps waffling about fucking java. I take it I cant just pay with a credit card.

try opening in a different browser? You need a pdf viewer like adobe to open it aswell I think.

• Advertisement

giggii wrote: »
    The places already allocated refer to those who have their kompass account set up and their WTN number received. Once you have that already (which you obviously have if you're at the payment stage) you'll be fine! :)

Wait, I got the kompass acount set up and I got the WTN number and all. I just havent been able to pay. does that mean there's still a place reserved or am i picking you up wrong.

PS - I am a total idiot at this stuff, forgive my luddite ineptness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement