Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Wait, I got the kompass acount set up and I got the WTN number and all. I just havent been able to pay. does that mean there's still a place reserved or am i picking you up wrong.

PS - I am a total idiot at this stuff, forgive my luddite ineptness

Jack congrats you have a WTN, take a few deep breaths and calm.
    You can go to bed now, or go for a quick drink if your local will still give you one.
    You do not need to make the payment tonight, you have a few days to do it.

WTN = visa number

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Jack congrats you have a WTN, take a few deep breaths and calm.
    You can go to bed now, or go for a quick drink if your local will still give you one.
    You do not need to make the payment tonight, you have a few days to do it.

WTN = visa number

Westerlywonder, if ever our paths cross I shall shake you by the hand, lead you to the nearest pub and buy you the most extravagant pint of gratitude you have ever seen. AND some fuckin bacon fries. If I ever get married you can fuck my wife

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Wait, I got the kompass acount set up and I got the WTN number and all. I just havent been able to pay. does that mean there's still a place reserved or am i picking you up wrong.

PS - I am a total idiot at this stuff, forgive my luddite ineptness

You have until a certain date to pay. By the sounds of it you're fine, and like the previous poster said wait till the morning and you've still plenty of time to pay. :)

Westerlywonder, if ever our paths cross I shall shake you by the hand, lead you to the nearest pub and buy you the most extravagant pint of gratitude you have ever seen. AND some fuckin bacon fries. If I ever get married you can fuck my wife

ha ha love it, and I am not usually known to say no either!
    Here if usit refund you your money ( which i am sure they will have to), you will have an extra 180yoyos in your pocket too. :D

giggii wrote: »

You have until a certain date to pay. By the sounds of it you're fine, and like the previous poster said wait till the morning and you've still plenty of time to pay. :)
    You too giggii. bacon fries and future wife shagging all round

• Advertisement

here out of interest jack what number WTN are they on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

You too giggii. bacon fries and future wife shagging all round

I do like me some bacon fries!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Feck it. I'm going to Leitrim for two years instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bebop and rocksteady

any one do what i did and put payment reference number from bank in the box for payment reference number(ie00xxxxx)
    just seemsd right at the time. still says pending. what happend? did they contact you? did they verify it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thumps

CatMc48 wrote: »
    VERIFIED :)

My timeline was as follows:
    Paid in AIB Branch Thursday 31 Jan, 1pm.
    Both uploaded proof of payment 2pm Thursday.
    OH received verification 8pm Friday, 1st Feb.
    I received verification 10pm Friday.

Approx 30hrs wait time. Hope this helps others who may be still waiting! I know the Kompass site was down for a while tonight until 9:30pm, so this could of been giving them a chance to get through the backlog!

nice one. congrats

where about are you in WTN number range. i paid mine wednesday and still no word

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

How in the holy hell do I make the IEC Kompass payment. There's nowhere for putting details or anything in and the message they sent me keeps waffling about Java

make sure javascript is enabled in your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Gah. Keep getting the feckiing "Incorrect password/email" thing. I've already got my WTN number and it's not like I can pay until Monday now, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

No, iv tried on a PC and laptop, both times i get the same thing and the instructions they give for enabling java dont do anything. This is a shambles, I'm gonna fuckin cry

hey man, this is the jist of the email. the visa cost is €120.
    here is their banking details.....

Account name......... Canadian embassy
    bank name............Allied Irish Bank Plc
    Address........ Grafton street, dublin 2, ireland.

Account no...... 41489092
    sort code......... 93-12-33 (if you go into aib you should only need these and not the iban and swift code)

IBAN....IE71 AIBK 9312 3341 489092
    swift code...... AIBKIE2D

You'll have to put as the description and payment reference ... IE- 00****.... these last 4 digits being the last four digits in your WTN.

They will need the following info from you.
    -name of account holder
    -name of bank
    -account no.
    -amount paid
    -date of payment
    ref. number of payment..... ie....IE-00****

When i did mine the receipt you get from aib has very little info on it. I taped it to an estatement and wrote with pen my payment reference number. Mine was verified in 24 hours. hope this helps, i know how horrible it is to worry that your plans are ruined. take care, Dónal.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

any one do what i did and put payment reference number from bank in the box for payment reference number(ie00xxxxx)
    just seemsd right at the time. still says pending. what happend? did they contact you? did they verify it anyway

Hey,

Both my sister and I put the reference number from the bank in the box on the webpage when you are uploading proof - I got verified yesterday, after waiting over 24 hours, and my sister got verified tonight, after waiting over 36 hours. We both paid and uploaded proof at same time. If you put the IE number that's your WTN number, which most people used, and not the ref from the bank - I am sure you will be fine because people are getting verified either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Gah. Keep getting the feckiing "Incorrect password/email" thing. I've already got my WTN number and it's not like I can pay until Monday now, anyway.

Did you click the tick in the box under the log in?
    It won't let you log in unless it's ticked

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bebop and rocksteady

amster wrote: »
    Hey,

Both my sister and I put the reference number from the bank in the box on the webpage when you are uploading proof - I got verified yesterday, after waiting over 24 hours, and my sister got verified tonight, after waiting over 36 hours. We both paid and uploaded proof at same time. If you put the IE number that's your WTN number, which most people used, and not the ref from the bank - I am sure you will be fine because people are getting verified either way :)

thank you that is what i needed to hear to get a good nights sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Seemingly there's no visas left, I'm still standing by yous have loads of time

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Yep, visa counter is at zero. They will accept more applications though.

Latest news
    The quota will remain at zero, however we will accept a limited number of supplementary applications to allow for refusals and withdrawals. Thank you for your interest in International Experience Canada.

Once you get your wtn number does anyone know how long you have to pay. will i be too late on monday. i dont have online banking

here out of interest jack what number WTN are they on now?

well mine ends 6509. I take i that means over 150 people will have to drop out for me to get a place.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

What the...?! The IEC site was saying, up until a few weeks ago, that the application process information would be available from the 1st of Feb. My better half and I are currently in Canada so we logged in this evening, the 1st, to see what the procedure was and what steps were required only discover that the application process has seemingly been open for days, the quota has been exceeded and we're up **** creek without a paddle...

Can anyone clarify some things for us please? When did applications open? Why did they open earlier than previously declared? How likely are we to get an offer at this stage given it looks like we're in and around the 6700th applicants (we have completed the application now)? In previous years, as we understand it, the scheme didn't close until May - what happened here? Is this unusual or is there always a huge number of initial applications? I'd really appreciate any insight here, thanks.

Damn, this has really stressed us out.... :(

Once you get your wtn number does anyone know how long you have to pay. will i be too late on monday. i dont have online banking

"The volume of applications that we have received exceeds the quota. Once we have verified that the quota for Ireland remains unfilled, instructions on how to make a payment toward the IEC Program Participation Fee will be sent to your IEC-Kompass account. Please do not submit a payment before the instructions are sent to you."

"The volume of applications that we have received exceeds the quota. Once we have verified that the quota for Ireland remains unfilled, instructions on how to make a payment toward the IEC Program Participation Fee will be sent to your IEC-Kompass account. Please do not submit a payment before the instructions are sent to you."
    is that what they sent you?

is that what they sent you?

Yep, it was the PDF they sent to my My Messages

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

What the...?! The IEC site was saying, up until a few weeks ago, that the application process information would be available from the 1st of Feb. My better half and I are currently in Canada so we logged in this evening, the 1st, to see what the procedure was and what steps were required only discover that the application process has seemingly been open for days, the quota has been exceeded and we're up **** creek without a paddle...

Can anyone clarify some things for us please? When did applications open? Why did they open earlier than previously declared? How likely are we to get an offer at this stage given it looks like we're in and around the 6700th applicants (we have completed the application now)? In previous years, as we understand it, the scheme didn't close until May - what happened here? Is this unusual or is there always a huge number of initial applications? I'd really appreciate any insight here, thanks.

Damn, this has really stressed us out.... :(

Applications opened at 15.30 Tuesday irish time..
    The site had indicated that the visas would be released BEFORE feb 1st so you should of kept checking on the days leading upto the 1st
    The total number of visas released were 6,350 not 6,700
    I'm guessing you will just ave to wait and see if a lot of people's either withdraw or are refused

Thanks PK.
    Paddy_kool wrote: »
    The total number of visas released were 6,350 not 6,700
    I know - MY application is around the 6700 mark.
    I'm guessing you will just ave to wait and see if a lot of people's either withdraw or are refused
    Quite, but what I am asking what is the norm here, do many withdraw/get refused and how many usually, i.e. is do we have any chance at all or do we have to start planning for 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

Oh rite
    Not sure to be honest,
    I'd be surprised if 350 visas are withdrawn/refused but that's just my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Guys anyone else waiting since weds morning for verification ?

Yep, it was the PDF they sent to my My Messages
    I never got that. just got the payment instructions. finally got the bloody message opened on my susters five year old laptop. does that mean im in even tho my wtn ends 6509? this has been the most stressful experience of my life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

I payed the fee yesterday in AIB and all I got was the little purple and white slip just saying the branch number and account number and the amount paid. Now Im just after reading that you need to include all these details-

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP-00****

Has anyone been accepted who just had what I had or are all these things really required??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement