Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

Thanks PK.

I know - MY application is around the 6700 mark.

Quite, but what I am asking what is the norm here, do many withdraw/get refused and how many usually, i.e. is do we have any chance at all or do we have to start planning for 2014?

hi stupid question but how do you know what position you are in the application queue? we received verification yesterday and then made payment and uploaded that - now it says "payment pending" - how long does it now take to hear back from them for the next stage? as i want to be ready this time as we were nearly too late to apply and had a very stressful day yesterday!
    what other documents do we need to have ready for next stage? i have police clearance sorted - do we need birth certs?

sorry but this application is just too important to mess up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

all the places are now gone:o

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

oh my god! i.ve been waiting since Wednesday for my verification! i will flip if Im refused!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

Hi guys,

So it looks like they're out of visas, but accepting a few more applications in case of withdrawals/refusals. I didn't expect them to go so fast! Probably gonna have a go anyway and if it doesn't work out try next year :-/

But I had a question, probably a bit silly I know, but on the Kompass application they ask for employment info. Just wondering, they're hardly going to contact your current employer to verify you work there, right?? I don't really want that, you know...

@Cream Bun: I'd say gather up some kind of a printout of the rest of the information yourself and include it.

In general though, internet banking's the way to go IMO, you get all the info. You might even be able to get the info for that payment you made if you have internet banking set up.

no mate the employment is just to have on record what every your write make sure it is the exact same as your cv because when you have to upload it for stage 2 they will be checking the 2 so any difference and it will result in your visa application being denied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

@Cream Bun: I'd say gather up some kind of a printout of the rest of the information yourself and include it.

In general though, internet banking's the way to go IMO, you get all the info. You might even be able to get the info for that payment you made if you have internet banking set up.

Thanks, i actually have AIB internet banking but dont have a card reader and didnt wanna waste time so did it in the bank. Hopefully they'll accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

well mine ends 6509. I take i that means over 150 people will have to drop out for me to get a place.?

Yes, technically. But i can assure you this will happen.
    it wont be that people will drop out, more so that applictions will be rejected for being incomplete or being ineligible.

For piece of mind, last year in april the visa number grew several hundred as the system caught up with rejected appliactions.

On your other question, i received my WTN on tuesday, i am almost sure that in the letter it stated that i had until the 8th of feb to make the payment.
    you will probably have a few extra days on this as your WTN was only received yesterday. but check the letter.
    Either way you can wait until monday if you like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

Cream Bun wrote: »
    I payed the fee yesterday in AIB and all I got was the little purple and white slip just saying the branch number and account number and the amount paid. Now Im just after reading that you need to include all these details-

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP-00****

Has anyone been accepted who just had what I had or are all these things really required??
    I was accepted with this

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

I got an email today saying
    "Congratulations! You have successfully registered for your IEC Kompass account...."

the same email i got when I 1st opened my Kompass account!

Did anyone else get this? Dunno why they've sent it to me again, applied on Wed, payed on thurs!

well surely if people went too go to canada bad enough they will make sure there application is perfect i no i will be anyway and i am sure everyone else will be the same. the only way i can see people being rejected is if they make a major balls of it or they submit a police clearance form that has a conviction on it.

• Advertisement

What the...?! The IEC site was saying, up until a few weeks ago, that the application process information would be available from the 1st of Feb. My better half and I are currently in Canada so we logged in this evening, the 1st, to see what the procedure was and what steps were required only discover that the application process has seemingly been open for days, the quota has been exceeded and we're up **** creek without a paddle...

Can anyone clarify some things for us please? When did applications open? Why did they open earlier than previously declared? How likely are we to get an offer at this stage given it looks like we're in and around the 6700th applicants (we have completed the application now)? In previous years, as we understand it, the scheme didn't close until May - what happened here? Is this unusual or is there always a huge number of initial applications? I'd really appreciate any insight here, thanks.

Damn, this has really stressed us out.... :(

Previously the website site stated that the IEC 2013 working holiday programme would be opening before feb 1st.
    It has been open since 15.30pm irish time the 29th of jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

Just have a quick query about uploading the cv. in the application form it asks information about when i started college. i knew the month but not the exact date. so now i have to include this information on my cv. problem is that im not to sure of the dates i put on the application form and now the dates on the cv and application form wont match. plus the application form is now locked so i cant check the dates. maybe if i meassge them them with my problem, something can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Just have a quick query about uploading the cv. in the application form it asks information about when i started college. i knew the month but not the exact date. so now i have to include this information on my cv. problem is that im not to sure of the dates i put on the application form and now the dates on the cv and application form wont match. plus the application form is now locked so i cant check the dates. maybe if i meassge them them with my problem, something can be done.

Do you have to put exact dates on your cv (e.g. day, month and year)
    I was planning on just writing e.g. Sept 2006 - June 2009 instead of 1st Sept 2006 - 26th June 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

cypressg wrote: »
    I was accepted with this

Thanks hopefully mine will be too:)

ladybird23 wrote: »
    Do you have to put exact dates on your cv (e.g. day, month and year)
    I was planning on just writing e.g. Sept 2006 - June 2009 instead of 1st Sept 2006 - 26th June 2009
    well, there was a reply just a few posts up that said both peices of info had to match. when the application form is filled out, you have to put in exact dates, so i would imagine they would have to match! just need to find a way to fix this!

well, there was a reply just a few posts up that said both peices of info had to match. when the application form is filled out, you have to put in exact dates, so i would imagine they would have to match! just need to find a way to fix this!

It is true last year they were very strict on matching dates from your cv with the information given in the online forms.
    This however was becasue it was necessary to demonstrate habitual residency last year. That condition has been removed this year, so i can imagine there will be a problem if you get the date wrong by a few days

oh no exact dates address of employers is sooo important its a silly mistake like that which would cost a person a visa:/

To the above poster dates have to be exactly the same i cant stress this enough i would hate to see some 1 lose a visa .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hi guys,

I applied to IEC late yesterday evening in a panic, and got my WTN number which ends in 6341. Just wondering with regards payment, once I've been given a WTN number within the visa quota, does that mean I've got my place and just need to pay? Or the fact that it's now the weekend and can't pay the fee until Monday, would that render my application useless? This has been the most stressful ordeal of my life and would love id someone gave me some closure on this, thanks!!

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    oh no exact dates address of employers is sooo important its a silly mistake like that which would cost a person a visa:/

To the above poster not good advice dates have to be exactly the same i cant stress this enough i would hate to see some 1 lose a visa .
    soo, there must be a way to fix this. i have already paid and my reciept has been verified. maybe if i message them or something? plus i cant log into my kompass account at the moment , just keeps bringing me back to the register page. can anyone link me the login page please

what did you do wrong?

• Advertisement

what did you do wrong?

he cant remember the exact date he finished/started college

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

To the above poster not good advice dates have to be exactly the same i cant stress this enough i would hate to see some 1 lose a visa .

I doubt it, they can't expect people to remember exact dates of 10 years of jobs. What if you worked for a company that have long since closed? people could have had a dozen jobs in that many years especially students who had part time work.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

JuicyJim wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I applied to IEC late yesterday evening in a panic, and got my WTN number which ends in 6341. Just wondering with regards payment, once I've been given a WTN number within the visa quota, does that mean I've got my place and just need to pay? Or the fact that it's now the weekend and can't pay the fee until Monday, would that render my application useless? This has been the most stressful ordeal of my life and would love id someone gave me some closure on this, thanks!!

read the letter, once you have you WTN your place is secured, the email with your WTN number has the date the payment needs to be in by, once you get it paid by then you're sorted :) my fee isnt due until feb 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Hi guys,

You have until a certain date to pay, which means you can still go to the bank on Monday and make your payment and get your receipt. If you have online banking you can use that though, a lot of people have done successfully! :)

krudler wrote: »
    I doubt it, they can't expect people to remember exact dates of 10 years of jobs. What if you worked for a company that have long since closed? people could have had a dozen jobs in that many years especially students who had part time work.
    so maybe someone has experience with the dates not being correct and have fixed it?? im nearly sure i can remember the dates i put in but i want to be confident that they are correct

krudler wrote: »
    read the letter, once you have you WTN your place is secured, the email with your WTN number has the date the payment needs to be in by, once you get it paid by then you're sorted :) my fee isnt due until feb 9th

krudler, some people have received WTN but been requested not to submit payment until they are further instructed as places are currently full.
    I expect the people in this position, although they do have a WTN are not secured of a visa yet

Haha ok mate you don't fill in correct dates and have the two not matching up and tell me when you get granted your visa;):rolleyes:. I mean when i say exact dates that the dates you entered for your work details match that of your cv thats all if you have the 5th of september written in on your Kompass account as when you have started college but you have the 12 of oct on your CV that's not going to look to good:cool:

Haha ok mate you don't fill in correct dates and have the two not matching up and tell me when you get granted your visa;):rolleyes:. I mean when i say exact dates that the dates you entered for your work details match that of your cv thats all if you have the 5th of september written in on your Kompass account as when you have started college but you have the 12 of oct on your CV that's not going to look to good:cool:

i presume he is out by a few days at most not a month

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Thanks for the replies guys! and westerlywonder, I was given a WTN number which ends in 6341, and the quota is 6500 I think? Does that mean I got in on time and just have to pay the fee on Monday when I am able?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies guys! and westerlywonder, I was given a WTN number which ends in 6341, and the quota is 6500 I think? Does that mean I got in on time and just have to pay the fee on Monday when I am able?

Yep you should be fine if you have received a letter with instruction for payment.
    On that letter will be the latest day that you can make payment. Monday should be fine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement