Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Haha ok mate you don't fill in correct dates and have the two not matching up and tell me when you get granted your visa;):rolleyes:. I mean when i say exact dates that the dates you entered for your work details match that of your cv thats all if you have the 5th of september written in on your Kompass account as when you have started college but you have the 12 of oct on your CV that's not going to look to good:cool:

my work details are correct, its just my college details. anyone have any idea of how to fix this! getting seriously worried now

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

oh no exact dates address of employers is sooo important its a silly mistake like that which would cost a person a visa:/

To the above poster dates have to be exactly the same i cant stress this enough i would hate to see some 1 lose a visa .

Good to know, will be putting down my exact dates then so :) Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

iv been verified !! :D it only took 3 days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Yep you should be fine if you have received a letter with instruction for payment.
    On that letter will be the latest day that you can make payment. Monday should be fine

Great, thanks! So from my time of payment (probably Monday), when should I expect to hear back from the IEC again with regards my application? Basically, when will I know for definite If I've gotten the visa or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

JuicyJim wrote: »
    Great, thanks! So from my time of payment (probably Monday), when should I expect to hear back from the IEC again with regards my application? Basically, when will I know for definite If I've gotten the visa or not?

It says processing time is 8 weeks on the website. For definite acceptance, ie letter of introduction to the country
    I dont know if this might be a bit longer now that all 6350 visa applications have landed at their door at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

Ok i have given the advice from someone who contacted them and was told that it would one be one of the main reasons people get rejected it has been posted in the first few pages i am just trying to help the fella out as i try to do with all my posts if the lad is out by a few days i dont know what will happen but i wish him all the best.

Op you should be fine regarding college dates at the end of the day none of us no the answer.
    i can remember the months i put down on the application form so maybe if i just put the months down on my cv, like sep 2008-july2013

media101 wrote: »

When were you verified? Wonder are they working over the wkend?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Ok i have given the advice from someone who contacted them and was told that it would one be one of the main reasons people get rejected it has been posted in the first few pages i am just trying to help the fella out as i try to do with all my posts if the lad is out by a few days i dont know what will happen but i wish him all the best.

Op you should be fine regarding college dates at the end of the day none of us no the answer.

Apologies Ross, i do not wish to question your motives. In fact i would too advise the same. If you are out by a month or so it will definitely raise eyebrows.
    I know only too well as my own application was rejected last year on these grounds. But it was more to do with habitual residency than the actual dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

can someone help me/? i paid and put up proof of payment on thursday,but when i click on the log in button on the iec website it keeps bringing me to a register account page,but i already have an account/? can anyone else log in? if so can post the link to the login page as i cant seem to get to it/?!!

can someone help me/? i paid and put up proof of payment on thursday,but when i click on the log in button on the iec website it keeps bringing me to a register account page,but i already have an account/? can anyone else log in? if so can post the link to the login page as i cant seem to get to it/?!!

Was happening me too, went into my email from them and copied and pasted the link at the bottom! Anyway here it is

https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/sign_in-connexion?regionCode=IE&uid=a38bcf0b-5f2c-4a63-a2fb-e582db3a1f22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭vwgolfmk504

ladybird23 wrote: »
    Was happening me too, went into my email from them and copied and pasted the link at the bottom! Anyway here it is

https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/sign_in-connexion?regionCode=IE&uid=a38bcf0b-5f2c-4a63-a2fb-e582db3a1f22

thank you

Also, with regards the actual IEC application- in the part about jobs and recent employment, I put down a couple less jobs than I've ever had because of time (at the time I was panicking and thought I wouldn't get a place on time). But on my CV, I have a couple more jobs. Will the fact I put down less jobs than I've had on the IEC application than jobs on my actual CV go gravely against my favour? Will I have to change my CV a little bit in order to make it correspond better with my IEC application, or will it even matter that I put down less jobs on the IEC application than my CV?

I would change your cv to match what you put in your app but thats just my opinion, dunno if its right or not!

PS interesting name! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

giggii wrote: »
    That's what I'm doing, they only want the dates to correspond...

Phew, a few changes will have to be made to the CV so. when do they go looking for a CV, or when and where should you submit one? I was never asked to submit a CV in the IEC application

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

hegarty147 wrote: »
    Guys anyone else waiting since weds morning for verification ?

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Guys, should you really be posting the fact you lied by listing wrong dates and less jobs on your application? Might only lead to more scrutiny on everyones applications. Isnt there someone from IEC offices on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

ladybird23 wrote: »
    When were you verified? Wonder are they working over the wkend?

i said i was verified at 6.30 canada time so i must have been one of the last few to be verified :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Guys, should you really be posting the fact you lied by listing wrong dates and less jobs on your application? Might only lead to more scrutiny on everyones applications. Isnt there someone from IEC offices on boards?

Who lied?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Just checked there, waiting since wednesday afternoon and proof wednesday evening and still nothing.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Phew, a few changes will have to be made to the CV so. when do they go looking for a CV, or when and where should you submit one? I was never asked to submit a CV in the IEC application

Not until step two, when you're asked for the documents in the My CIC account, which you won't get the details for until you get your conditional letter of acceptance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Anyone know if they are working today? I would love some good news on my payment this weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

Just checked there, waiting since wednesday afternoon and proof wednesday evening and still nothing.... :(

Im on the same boat as you!

mairemoo wrote: »

surely they would put some hours in on a saturday to process some and then finish monday i would expect to hope to get verified by monday :), if not i have to look at other options :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

Me three!! Uploaded by payment at 1pm on wed..WTN-26** BAH! Will be a llllllllllllllllllong weekend! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

surely they would put some hours in on a saturday to process some and then finish monday i would expect to hope to get verified by monday :), if not i have to look at other options :(
    i know! someone on here got verified at like 6.30am Canadian time?? well if it doesn't work out i will head to NZ instead

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i presume he is out by a few days at most not a month

yeah exactly, I know what month I started every job as there wasnt much difference between them,went from one job to another with no period of unemployment between them. I find it hard to believe you'd be refused a visa because you put down you started on the 9th and didn't actually start until the day after of some month a decade ago. Two companies I worked for no longer exist I've no way of finding out exact dates. I've never lived outside ireland and all my address dates are correct so hopefully there'll be no issues.

Me three!! Uploaded by payment at 1pm on wed..WTN-26** BAH! Will be a llllllllllllllllllong weekend! :(

my WTN IS 26** as well ha, jusr dont think about it, i did but i am not thinking the worse, i would freak alright if the money bounced but so far no signs so all good :)

media101 wrote: »

what time wednesday did you send payment and upload proof? What time you get verified??? i am still waiting 3 days haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

totally off topic and not trying to be to noisy but what kind of ball figure mulla ye hoping to go to canada with?:D

i know! someone on here got verified at like 6.30am Canadian time?? well if it doesn't work out i will head to NZ instead

I just seen it, i was going to tell him id race him to see who gets verified first but lucky i didnt, he would of won :P. Ya i am thinking the same but not christchuch as i was there a week last year it was bad, people not nice.

• Advertisement

totally off topic and not trying to be to noisy but what kind of ball figure mulla ye hoping to go to canada with?:D

well i dont yet since i have not verified :/ but if i do (which i am doubting), id bring around 7k euro!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement