Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

**** you will be sorted mate thats an awful lot of mulla :D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

JustRoss23 wrote: »

you need the mulla :D i be hoping to get a job soon so i won't have to eat into my savings much.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

f**king doesnt look like it well at least till monday :P. well that would keep me going for awhile unless i spend all in that club ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

haha i will only have 5 K $ its awful hard to save up money when i aint working so hopefully i will get a job in a bar within a week or 2 so i hope to only have 2 k spent by then as long as i don't act the bollex but with threesome Thursdays in the ROADHOUSE triple vodka and red bull for 7$(5 euro) we wont be well:D lads we cant get fooled in to buying chicks drinks over there:D thats the kind of **** that will bankrupt a lad:D

haha i will only have 5 K $ its awful hard to save up money when i aint working so hopefully i will get a job in a bar within a week or 2 so i hope to only have 2 k spent by then as long as i don't act the bollex but with threesome Thursdays in the ROADHOUSE triple vodka and red bull for 7$(5 euro) we wont be well:D lads we cant get fooled in to buying chicks drinks over there:D thats the kind of **** that will bankrupt a lad:D

hahaha how do you know roadhouse specials? have you gone for interview through skype and they hired to hand out flyers :P, once i get the all clear (which i am praying with all my heart ha), i will be in there thursdays hahaha

• Advertisement

good advice :D

"The quota will remain at zero, however we will accept a limited number of supplementary applications to allow for refusals and withdrawals. Thank you for your interest in International Experience Canada."

I hope this doesnt affect me or anyone else who applied on tuesday or wednesday (i done it wednesday) or thursday or friday! I better verified or i will be really mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

what time wednesday did you send payment and upload proof? What time you get verified??? i am still waiting 3 days haha

i paid at 2pm on wed and then uploaded proof at 2.30 wed ... and i got verified at 6.30pm Canadian time last night :)

media101 wrote: »
    i paid at 2pm on wed and then uploaded proof at 2.30 wed ... and i got verified at 6.30pm Canadian time last night :)

Ah nice one man, i paid at 3.20pm roughly wednesday afternoon and uploaded proof 6pm roughly that evening, i am losing hope to be honest.. but all i can do is wait till next week, sure if you can get yours, so can i hope anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Ah nice one man, i paid at 3.20pm roughly wednesday afternoon and uploaded proof 6pm roughly that evening, i am losing hope to be honest.. but all i can do is wait till next week, sure if you can get yours, so can i hope anyway :D

I'm the same mate, only I uploaded mine at 4pm Wednesday. No sign yet. Depressed..

• Advertisement

evan2509 wrote: »
    I'm the same mate, only I uploaded mine at 4pm Wednesday. No sign yet. Depressed..

guess we will have to find out monday when the offices are open again for processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Mate just bear in mind the cost of accom. Depending you could easily be down 2k straight off with rent 1st month/last month type thing. And if you have to kit the place out that'l be cash. So just be very wary incase the jobs don't roll in super fast yakno.

I am hoping if I can to bring about 7-8k irish money, which is why I ain't going for a while. I want to feel I do have a bit of a cushion yakno.

So all the places are gone and they are taking supplementary ones. Someone needs to shove this information under Kenny and Noonan's noses and make them frickin stand up and take notice. Most of these applicants are NOT going by choice, but because of the shíthole the government have turned our country into.

hdowney wrote: »
    Mate just bear in mind the cost of accom. Depending you could easily be down 2k straight off with rent 1st month/last month type thing. And if you have to kit the place out that'l be cash. So just be very wary incase the jobs don't roll in super fast yakno.

I am hoping if I can to bring about 7-8k irish money, which is why I ain't going for a while. I want to feel I do have a bit of a cushion yakno.

So all the places are gone and they are taking supplementary ones. Someone needs to shove this information under Kenny and Noonan's noses and make them frickin stand up and take notice. Most of these applicants are NOT going by choice, but because of the shíthole the government have turned our country into.

Ya i said earlier i would bring 7k euro but will save up as much as i can before i go but i wont be going for a bit i would say.

Well i know all the places are gone but does that mean since i paid and proof wednesday evening that i won't get a visa with the places gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Decmanu101

Well, Has anyone any problems getting into the Kompass account?

Ya i said earlier i would bring 7k euro but will save up as much as i can before i go but i wont be going for a bit i would say.

Well i know all the places are gone but does that mean since i paid and proof wednesday evening that i won't get a visa with the places gone??

You have a place (as in it is yours to lose now by cocking something up/them deeming you inadmissable) as you paid wednesday, you already had a WTN by then so as long as your WTN is under 6350 then you have one of the visa places allocated to you

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i can remember the months i put down on the application form so maybe if i just put the months down on my cv, like sep 2008-july2013
    Im the same , although i put in rough dates on my application before validating it , but for some reason when i went to put that info onto my cv (just wanted it to match and be ready) it never saved and now i can only remember a few of the dates i put on :( . I can remember the months but not the actual days so im kinda getting worried :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    totally off topic and not trying to be to noisy but what kind of ball figure mulla ye hoping to go to canada with?:D

Yea im hoping to have about the same . Gonna open a savings account in the credit union (if i get the visa) save up as much and then apply for a loan aswell .

I'm also waiting to be verified so I think we will be ok as am guessing the ie-000*** number is our visa number.

Im the same , although i put in rough dates on my application before validating it , but for some reason when i went to put that info onto my cv (just wanted it to match and be ready) it never saved and now i can only remember a few of the dates i put on :( . I can remember the months but not the actual days so im kinda getting worried :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yea im hoping to have about the same . Gonna open a savings account in the credit union (if i get the visa) save up as much and then apply for a loan aswell .

Yea I am looking to do the same. Saving in the CU and hopefully get a loan

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

evan2509 wrote: »

I'm the same guys... uploaded my receipt at 8am wednesday morning. tbh it gives me hope that we're all in a similar situation. We can't all have made an error

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Haha brilliant!! I'm still waiting since Thurs morn. Himself was verified yest morn....

We'd be hoping to bring the 7k mark each too (hopefully) cause ull go through 2k no bother with rent, deposits, renting cars, etc. Only thing is to make sure all or most of the bills are included!

• Advertisement

You have a place (as in it is yours to lose now by cocking something up/them deeming you inadmissable) as you paid wednesday, you already had a WTN by then so as long as your WTN is under 6350 then you have one of the visa places allocated to you

ya but i wonder was i late putting up proof after, like i paid around 3.25pm wednesday afternoon and sent proof around 6pm wednesday evening, i wonder would the hours i left in between mess it up?

Well i am around the 00-28** mark, i dont think they are doing it in number order or else i should got verified by now you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

ya but i wonder was i late putting up proof after, like i paid around 3.25pm wednesday afternoon and sent proof around 6pm wednesday evening, i wonder would the hours i left in between mess it up?

Well i am around the 00-28** mark, i dont think they are doing it in number order or else i should got verified by now you know?

No def not. I paid both of ours wed morn, uploaded both Thurs morn and his was verified test morn....

Who thinks we're all with an employee who called in sick yest.....

gary27 wrote: »
    I'm also waiting to be verified so I think we will be ok as am guessing the ie-000*** number is our visa number.

Well i am around the 00-28** mark, i dont think they are doing it in number order or else i should got verified by now you know? Guess we have to wait till monday until the process more and the back log etc, one of my friend told me least you half way in the door and they have tons of applications and said he said i wouldnt see why you wouldnt get it, so that had me think positive :D.

Well i am around the 00-28** mark, i dont think they are doing it in number order or else i should got verified by now you know? Guess we have to wait till monday until the process more and the back log etc, one of my friend told me least you half way in the door and they have tons of applications and said he said i wouldnt see why you wouldnt get it, so that had me think positive :D.

No they deffo arn't doing it in order - neither in order of WTN numbers or in order of when people uploaded their proof. People were getting verified in no time that uploaded after me and I was waiting nearly 36hrs. There is no logic to it. I'd say you'll be fine and they'l verify you soon. You haven't been asked for more info so I don't see there being a problem

fifi2008 wrote: »
    No def not. I paid both of ours wed morn, uploaded both Thurs morn and his was verified test morn....

Who thinks we're all with an employee who called in sick yest.....

Aw thanks a good bit of relief now :), i think its unfair, ye did it together so ye should be verified together at the same time :).

I had to go the bank (aib who i bank with) through working hours and doesnt help i had to miss my last class in my course which was important, so i was rushing around then when i got into work i was do several things but i all wanted to do is upload my Proof but was so busy till around 5.45 that evening, i got time then to do it haha

No they deffo arn't doing it in order - neither in order of WTN numbers or in order of when people uploaded their proof. People were getting verified in no time that uploaded after me and I was waiting nearly 36hrs. There is no logic to it. I'd say you'll be fine and they'l verify you soon. You haven't been asked for more info so I don't see there being a problem

Ys i thought as much :), kind of sicking waiting for so long and done it a day or days before other people and then other people do it less time and get it much faster and quicker but thats life ha :D

I have waited over 36 hours but not including today as the office isnt open, but ya your i say i am fine to as they havent asked me for info, so i should sit back and enjoy my weekend and hope to get the good news monday at some stage :D!! Beers on me when i get it and i will them beers when i am over there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Can't really remember the dates I put in either, far to long ago for me to be able to remember when I started work so I put in any dates near the start of the month, tbh...in my CV I've never had the dates just the months. If I get rejected over that I'll cry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

anybody else having trouble logging into kompass account?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

WasterEx wrote: »
    Can't really remember the dates I put in either, far to long ago for me to be able to remember when I started work so I put in any dates near the start of the month, tbh...in my CV I've never had the dates just the months. If I get rejected over that I'll cry :(

Im the same but i cant remember all the dates i put on my application , but the months will be the same on the application and cv. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

whats the panic over exact dates on cv's about? nobody expects anybody to remember the exact dates they started and finished jobs. get real people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement