Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Cream Bun wrote: »
    I payed the fee yesterday in AIB and all I got was the little purple and white slip just saying the branch number and account number and the amount paid. Now Im just after reading that you need to include all these details-

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP-00****

Has anyone been accepted who just had what I had or are all these things really required??

I just submitted the same little slip as you, with my WTN hand written on the bottom, and I was verified. There have been a few people on here that forgot to add some details and they were contacted by the IEC for the rest of the details - and then once they submitted them they were verified, so even if you forgot to write your WTN number, if they need it I am sure they will contact you for it. You will be fine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

whats the panic over exact dates on cv's about? nobody expects anybody to remember the exact dates they started and finished jobs. get real people.

Hope you're right! :D

thank you that is what i needed to hear to get a good nights sleep

You're grand! I know it's crazy, crazy stressful!!

soo, there must be a way to fix this. i have already paid and my reciept has been verified. maybe if i message them or something? plus i cant log into my kompass account at the moment , just keeps bringing me back to the register page. can anyone link me the login page please

Canadian CV format doesn't usually have the specific date within the month that you started/finished a job so even though you had to put it on the form I don't think it has to go on your CV - as the CV has to be in Canadian format

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

WasterEx wrote: »
    Hope you're right! :D

if you say what month you started and finished im sure that would suffice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

anybody else having trouble logging into kompass account?

I log in and then me brings me to to the main page of the site but not my account..

I log in and then me brings me to to the main page of the site but not my account..

i cant even log in today dunno whats up with it

i cant even log in today dunno whats up with it

Maybe its back logging or and updating our account to verified :D..who knows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

it would be great if it is :)

gary27 wrote: »
    it would be great if it is :)

haha oh no i thought for a second that maybe they deleted our account but surely they would never do that

• Advertisement

very much doubt it at this stage am waiting since wednesday lunchtime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

haha oh no i thought for a second that maybe they deleted our account but surely they would never do that

imagine that or then again don't :)

gary27 wrote: »
    imagine that or then again don't :)

I know i know bad thought, should of kept it to myself, maybe it just crashed, i am sure it be back up and running soon since people need to know weather they got it or not etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

The link that they send in one of the first emails still works to log in

https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/sign_in-connexion?regionCode=IE&uid=293e9606-40a2-4430-b295-784c2cb09afa

wendydoll wrote: »
    The link that they send in one of the first emails still works to log in

https://iec-eic.international.gc.ca/sign_in-connexion?regionCode=IE&uid=293e9606-40a2-4430-b295-784c2cb09afa

Ya i was copying and pasting it from the email to log in before from one of the first emails and it always worked up to moments ago but chanced your link which is same, tried to log in but back to the main site but thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭iprawn

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    totally off topic and not trying to be to noisy but what kind of ball figure mulla ye hoping to go to canada with?:D

Me and the misses are saving now and heading over in Sept (she's verified I'm still waiting) and bringing between between 15k-17k euro. We want to get a one bedroom flat/basement/apartment whatever on our own, hopefully get a job doing whatever then do some adventuring! How likely would I get a job working in a shop or just get a ****ty job with no real experience apart from working in Gala when I was about 15 or 16. She'll get a job straight away. Im an aircraft mechanic/fitter by trade with 7+ years experience with that. It would be ideal if i could get some short contract work in the airport.

Is there an area in Vancouver that anyone has picked to try and live? Anybody any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I'm just telling myself I won't be verified until Wednesday. That way if it happens before then I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Gah. I still can't log on to the website. How long do I have to pay after I got accepted? Got the thing telling me to pay Friday morning (via email) but haven't been able to check it.

Presumably Monday will be fine? I mean, it's not like banks are open on Sunday.

Has anyone else had problems logging in? Any way to fix it? (And yes, the thingymajig is checked, made sure of it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

hdowney wrote: »
    Mate just bear in mind the cost of accom. Depending you could easily be down 2k straight off with rent 1st month/last month type thing. And if you have to kit the place out that'l be cash. So just be very wary incase the jobs don't roll in super fast yakno.

I am hoping if I can to bring about 7-8k irish money, which is why I ain't going for a while. I want to feel I do have a bit of a cushion yakno.

So all the places are gone and they are taking supplementary ones. Someone needs to shove this information under Kenny and Noonan's noses and make them frickin stand up and take notice. Most of these applicants are NOT going by choice, but because of the shíthole the government have turned our country into.

yea i know that. that's why i am staying in a hostel for the first few weeks as it works out cheaper then when i get sorted with a job i can worry about get a place and i am going to be renting a room in a house share and these are going at 500 per month so thats only going to be 1k so i am confident enough i should be ok:D

Ha, I reset my password and it worked fine.

• Advertisement

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Gah. I still can't log on to the website. How long do I have to pay after I got accepted? Got the thing telling me to pay Friday morning (via email) but haven't been able to check it.

Presumably Monday will be fine? I mean, it's not like banks are open on Sunday.

Has anyone else had problems logging in? Any way to fix it? (And yes, the thingymajig is checked, made sure of it)

i cant log in either all day, am waiting verification since wednesday lunchtime!

Just tried now logged in fine.

it wont even let me in to type in my log in details, just when i click the "log in" link it wont go any further from there...

that was the same for me this morning mate but it seems to be ok for me now anyway.

Yeah, it's working fine for me - though I reset my password in case that was the problem. If you can't get to the log in screen try the link in your email they sent.

What's the story with the problems with paying through BOI? I'm going in to pay Monday, have the problems being sorted out? I have till the 10th to pay, at least. Is it all sorted now? (I'd be paying in the branch, not online)

Not concerned now, think my application was fine. Just need to make sure my CV and dates entered for college match up - some were kind of guess work.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Yeah, it's working fine for me - though I reset my password in case that was the problem. If you can't get to the log in screen try the link in your email they sent.

What's the story with the problems with paying through BOI? I'm going in to pay Monday, have the problems being sorted out? I have till the 10th to pay, at least. Is it all sorted now? (I'd be paying in the branch, not online)

Not concerned now, think my application was fine. Just need to make sure my CV and dates entered for college match up - some were kind of guess work.

BOI issues have been solved, now all BOI customers can add the correct account details, both online and in branch.

However i suspect the IEC will need to review all BOI payments verified to date as the confirmation print out did not show sort code.

am able to log in now...still pending though ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

Well, submitted today, WTN seems to be some 400-500 above the quota, less than i expected. But the reference number of the message is in the 11000's, is it possible that that's the relevant number, and that that many applied??

Not really too optimistic about getting accepted at this stage, but anyway if 500 drop out or haven't finished their apps by august, there might be a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

BTW, I recommend using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome (just for this application, LOL), as I was getting errors on some of the screens and couldn't finish til I switched to IE.

Also had to try the url from the initial registration email a couple of times, as I was getting some generic immigration page for a while.

Oh yeah, I know it's not as relevant anymore with it being a single 2-year visa instead of 2 1-year ones, but I highly recommend printing out AND saving a soft copy of the entire application while you have the Kompass account, you never know when that information might come in handy in the future... :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

hdowney wrote: »

Mate just bear in mind the cost of accom. Depending you could easily be down 2k straight off with rent 1st month/last month type thing. And if you have to kit the place out that'l be cash. So just be very wary incase the jobs don't roll in super fast yakno.

I am hoping if I can to bring about 7-8k irish money, which is why I ain't going for a while. I want to feel I do have a bit of a cushion yakno.

So all the places are gone and they are taking supplementary ones. Someone needs to shove this information under Kenny and Noonan's noses and make them frickin stand up and take notice. Most of these applicants are NOT going by choice, but because of the shíthole the government have turned our country into.

The man is headin to Calgary. He could rent himself a nice 1 bed uptown for 800 a month, 1600 is all you'd need for to move in. You could rent a room for 400.

There's a MCC Thrift store we got all our furniture in. We got knitted out with everything, except a bed, for $170. Nice stuff too and all the money goes to charity.

If you can't find a job in 2 days you weren't lookin. Get on your feet and walk into every pub and shop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement