Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Cream Bun wrote: »
    I payed the fee yesterday in AIB and all I got was the little purple and white slip just saying the branch number and account number and the amount paid. Now Im just after reading that you need to include all these details-

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution
    - Account number
    - Amount paid
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: HQ-IE-13-WHP-00****

Has anyone been accepted who just had what I had or are all these things really required??

I taped that small aib receipt to an estatement, wrote my payment ref number on it with pen, and then scanned it so its all together. mine was verified the next day. My WTN was in the first 400, but who knows if they do it in sequence that way or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

Hi all,

Just wondering if you could help me.

Myself and my boyfriend are currently on a visa in Canada which expires in Aug of this year, we applied for our second visa and hopefully will re-enter Canada on Aug 11th, but this will mean that the new 24 month visa wont expire until Aug 2015 and my boyfriends passport expires in Mar 2015. We applied and my boyfriend said that he will leave in Mar 2015 a day before his visa expires. Will they except this?

We are holding off paying the participation fee for now as we are also worried that if we go ahead with the application and he gets rejected that it will count as one of his 'twice in a lifetime' applications.

Thanks smile.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Tonto86 wrote: »
    The man is headin to Calgary. He could rent himself a nice 1 bed uptown for 800 a month, 1600 is all you'd need for to move in. You could rent a room for 400.

There's a MCC Thrift store we got all our furniture in. We got knitted out with everything, except a bed, for $170. Nice stuff too and all the money goes to charity.

If you can't find a job in 2 days you weren't lookin. Get on your feet and walk into every pub and shop.

Thats exactly what i plan on doing bud:) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

things have changed this year. the visa is for 24 months straight up instead 12 and then applying for another 12 later. because of this, you may only apply once. this is my first time applying. if i'm successfully granted a visa (cross your fingers for me!), it'll be a one time only thing. if i ended up not using the visa, that's my opportunity gone! if you've been lucky enough to spent a year in canada before this new rule came into effect, you can apply for the new one and end up staying 3 years in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

PollyMe wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if you could help me.

Myself and my boyfriend are currently on a visa in Canada which expires in Aug of this year, we applied for our second visa and hopefully will re-enter Canada on Aug 11th, but this will mean that the new 24 month visa wont expire until Aug 2015 and my boyfriends passport expires in Mar 2015. We applied and my boyfriend said that he will leave in Mar 2015 a day before his visa expires. Will they except this?

We are holding off paying the participation fee for now as we are also worried that if we go ahead with the application and he gets rejected that it will count as one of his 'twice in a lifetime' applications.

Thanks smile.png

well as far as im aware the visa is only issued for the 2 years as you already know, or whatever the expiry date is on his passport so if he is happy too leave in march it wouldnt be a problem ,they will just stamp it till march ,he could them re enter on holiday visa for 3 months but couldn't work,:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

cant log into kompass account again...anyone else experiencing difficulties?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Joe Louis

Hey lads does anyone know will a photo of the passport taken with an iPhone be acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to warn however he said this will be the strictest year with regards errors and there will be applications just thrown to side if error and it unlikely they'll be revsited before May due to amount of applications they expect (they expect record amount of applications from UK) which all crossover a main system and told me main areas were employment info is correct and extremely accurate on all documents as well as having police certs in date and mentioned about the photographs being of certain way (passport syle but some booths don't give right material backing and advised a chemist to do job). And alot more stern on medical forms (don't apply to Irish)

For those of us stressing about CV details.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Did anybody with wtn in the 3000s get verified yet??? Still waiting on proof of payment to go through, don't know if they have been processed in order or anything???

i am under 300s and i got verfied in the first 24 hours i would imagine you will be Monday or Tuesday till you do:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

whats the panic over exact dates on cv's about? nobody expects anybody to remember the exact dates they started and finished jobs. get real people.

Having applied last year, I can confirm that if your CV does not match in terms of dates and content what you submitted on the employment history section of your application that the chances are high that your application will be rejected.

So, while it doesn't matter if you can't remember the exact dates you were working, your CVs and application forms must be consistent.

I knew that would be the case the 2 have to match up its as simply as that otherwise you will be kissing goodbye your visa:o

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

iprawn wrote: »
    Me and the misses are saving now and heading over in Sept (she's verified I'm still waiting) and bringing between between 15k-17k euro. We want to get a one bedroom flat/basement/apartment whatever on our own, hopefully get a job doing whatever then do some adventuring! How likely would I get a job working in a shop or just get a ****ty job with no real experience apart from working in Gala when I was about 15 or 16. She'll get a job straight away. Im an aircraft mechanic/fitter by trade with 7+ years experience with that. It would be ideal if i could get some short contract work in the airport.

Is there an area in Vancouver that anyone has picked to try and live? Anybody any suggestions?

Hey, I'm in Van. Accommodation like what you are looking for will prob set you back $1300+ per month (unfurnished). Most places seem to look for a 6 month minimum lease with a month and a half up front deposit.

Getting a job in Van without experience is tough. A lot of people move to Van for work, from within Canada and beyond so competition is tough. I remember something my boss said to me when I started work, he said employers are aware of the transient nature of Vancouver so are reluctant to hire people they feel are here for a short time so if your plans are to go adventuring I'd suggest to keep that to yourself as most jobs won't be short of applicants. Also, bear in mind, the economy and job market in Van isn't as solid as the media in Ireland are making it out to be. Over the past few weeks and months , plenty of established businesses have closed stores and young people in many fields are struggling to find decent work. So no one should come over assuming they or anyone will get a job straight away, especially without Canadian experience.

If you want to try and get work in YVR airport, check out Richmond for living. It's a bit outside Van but plenty of people commute to and fro daily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    I knew that would be the case the 2 have to match up its as simply as that otherwise you will be kissing goodbye your visa:o
    Well the whole the 2 have to match is BS anyway. There is nothing stopping anyone making up fake jobs and dates. But so long as your a consistant lier then all is fine! Retarded! Stupid that you need to submit a CV anyway!

Tiddlers wrote: »
    Having applied last year, I can confirm that if your CV does not match in terms of dates and content what you submitted on the employment history section of your application that the chances are high that your application will be rejected.

So, while it doesn't matter if you can't remember the exact dates you were working, your CVs and application forms must be consistent.

exactly, theyd have to be consistent whatever you put down but panicing over not remembering what day of the month you started a job is ridiculous, nobody expects anyone to remember that.

yea its a strange one alright having to upload the CV i wonder is the process to oz this difficult :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

so for example, im able to remember the months i put down in the application form but not the exact dates, so the months are going to be the same. so thinking of just putting the months on my cv. does anyone know if this will be sufficient. btw, the issue with the dates are only appplicable to the college dates. my work experience dates are fully correct.

also, does anybody remember correctly the information on the application form regarding the duration in college. im nearly 100% sure that they asked for "date when college started" and "expected graduation".
    thanks

yea its a strange one alright having to upload the CV i wonder is the process to oz this difficult :/

not when i was going there, you'd have the visa the same day, none of this sort of bulls.hit

so for example, im able to remember the months i put down in the application form but not the exact dates, so the months are going to be the same. so thinking of just putting the months on my cv. does anyone know if this will be sufficient. btw, the issue with the dates are only appplicable to the college dates. my work experience dates are fully correct.

also, does anybody remember correctly the information on the application form regarding the duration in college. im nearly 100% sure that they asked for "date when college started" and "expected graduation".
    thanks

i put down 01/09 start and 01/06 finish date for my years in college...again, how do they expect you to know exact dates, people getting carried away for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

i put down 01/09 start and 01/06 finish date for my years in college...again, how do they expect you to know exact dates, people getting carried away for no reason.
    well, im hoping thats going to be the case. there seems to be a differance on opinion though, people on here actually have been rejected in the past for incorrect dates. it wouldnt be that difficult to find the dates out either, a small bit of digging and they could be found

• Advertisement

well, im hoping thats going to be the case. there seems to be a differance on opinion though, people on here actually have been rejected in the past for incorrect dates. it wouldnt be that difficult to find the dates out either, a small bit of digging and they could be found

i could never find exact dates....

as a previous poster said you can make up the dates once they are consistent throughout, how are they to ever know what exact date you started a job or not and thats why im asking why are people getting so worked up about it...if you are consistent and things match then thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 domokun

Tiddlers wrote: »

I just didn't put months on my c.v eg 2003-2007 simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Just got verified they must be working late

bejezzus congrats they must be indeed its near 7 and a sat :D i am sure a few others will hear tonight as well if you did:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

bejezzus congrats they must be indeed its near 7 and a sat :D i am sure a few others will hear tonight as well if you did:D

Got the email at 23.27 which make it half six there ..delighted

i say so congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

thanks

Canadian CV format doesn't have the specific dates in each month - and that is the type of format that your CV needs to be in when applying for your Visa so the month and year is all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Ok Guys i havent been all evening and said i would have a check here whats going on :D, so cut it short, big thanks to WaterEx, JustRoss23 and others keeping me calm, looks like its beers on me and that roadhouse in Calgary wont know what hit it :D! Just checked my account and got the following great news :D

Subject: Proof of payment verified.

Dear Mr./Ms. O Connell,

This letter is to inform you that the International Experience Canada (IEC) unit in Ottawa, Canada, has verified the proof of payment that was submitted for your application (HQ-IE-13-WHP-0028**) to participate in the IEC initiative.

Please note that the application process for the IEC initiative involves two stages. Both stages must be successfully completed before you travel to Canada and begin your participation:

Stage 1: IEC Initiative Assessment (administered by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada): To determine whether you meet the program eligibility criteria, and

Stage 2: Immigration Assessment (administered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)): To determine your eligibility for a work permit and admissibility to Canada.

If you meet the program eligibility criteria (i.e. you are successful in Stage 1 of the application process), you will receive an IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter in your IEC-Kompass account. The IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter will include information on Stage 2 of the application process.

If you do not meet the program eligibility criteria, you will receive a letter explaining the reasons for refusal and whether you are eligible to receive a refund of the IEC Program Participation Fee.

You will receive a decision for Stage 1 via your IEC-Kompass account. Therefore, we recommend that you regularly check for new messages under “My Messages” in your IEC-Kompass account.

International Experience Canada

Thank you again for those who relaxed and told me it be ok etc :D, for those who waiting just remain calm it will come :) and a last thank you for the people who worked over time to get my payment verified:D, onto the next stage :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Ooh congrats Black shadow

When did you submit proof of payment? I promised myself not to check until next week. Can't help logging in now. Still waiting......

• Advertisement

im experiencing problems logging in all f*ing day...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement