Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

im experiencing problems logging in all f*ing day...

try using a different web browser, thats what was happening me till i did and it helped :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

try using a different web browser, thats what was happening me till i did and it helped :D

such as?

EDIT

logged in through mozilla...still nothing, paid wednesday lunchtime and my wtn is 0026**

dunno what the hold up is...

wendydoll wrote: »
    Ooh congrats Black shadow

When did you submit proof of payment? I promised myself not to check until next week. Can't help logging in now. Still waiting......

I paid through my bank (aib) wednesday around 3.30 pm, then uploaded proof that night around 6pm :D.

When did you do yours? Ah log in, its no harm :P.

such as?

EDIT

logged in through mozilla...still nothing, paid wednesday lunchtime and my wtn is 0026**

dunno what the hold up is...

I was just going to say mozilla haha. ya well it will be there dont worry, i kind of freaked out for a good bit but they are busy, if you havent got a mail saying they need more info or your money hasnt bounced then your doing very well :D

I was just going to say mozilla haha. ya well it will be there dont worry, i kind of freaked out for a good bit but they are busy, if you havent got a mail saying they need more info or your money hasnt bounced then your doing very well :D

id prefer to hear something rather than nothing at this stage :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I did a cheeky log in, no news for me. Wasn't expecting it really.

I paid and submitted proof of payment around 9pm Wednesday. Banked with PTSB aswell.

Ah sure I'm going to go back to tell myself it'll be Wednesday before i hear anything :)

I did a cheeky log in, no news for me. Wasn't expecting it really.

I paid and submitted proof of payment around 9pm Wednesday. Banked with PTSB aswell.

Ah sure I'm going to go back to tell myself it'll be Wednesday before i hear anything :)

im ptsb too, was lunchtime wednesday though when i paid....

im ptsb too, was lunchtime wednesday though when i paid....

Hopefully we'll hear over the next few days. I'm telling myself 3-5 working days, 3-5 working days.

thats true!! hoping 3 rather than 5!!

Good night ye guys :D, hope ye hear something soon :D, now have a quick bottle of bud and go to sleep and fall asleep with ease :D

• Advertisement

go to sleep and fall asleep with ease :D

Easy for you to say, with your fancy verified payment :p lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thumps

Hopefully we'll hear over the next few days. I'm telling myself 3-5 working days, 3-5 working days.

in same boat girl. i ve the same 3-5 thing in my head. twill be grand

Easy for you to say, with your fancy verified payment :p lol

haha i am sure ye will sleep ease to once ye get "fancy verified payment" as well so hold though peeps :D, all good things happen for a reason ;), night :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Submitted payment on Thursday morning at 10.30 and got verified tonight :D

Has anybody got an idea when the next stage starts? I know we havta wait for an email to come through but how long does it take?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im also PTSB paid on wed and uploaded my Proof that evening around 7 or 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Got mine verfied around midnight. Aib online transfered late wed with just a screenshot and wtn.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thumps

adamski8 wrote: »
    Got mine verfied around midnight. Aib online transfered late wed with just a screenshot and wtn.

midnight sat ? when did u send ur s in mate. i m still waiting since wed but good to hear so are been verified at weekend. huge contrats btw

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Still waiting too, it really is a horrible feeling!!

Can anyone tell me what happens after verification (not for me, yet!). Himself's was verified on Friday but nothing else has opened up. How long were people waiting for the IEC Assessment section to open up....?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

for anybody that went into the bank, did yous just take the receipt/slip home, scan it and attach the scanned copy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Black_Shadow man delighted for ya. Takes a load off doesn't it. Now it is waiting to be accepted when they have done their assessment, but I think we all know that could be days so arn't panicking as much. To all of you still waiting on payment verification I know it is easy for me to say, but try not to panic too much. You likely will get verified (no idea why some get it quicker than others but...) and if they have any problem with your payment proof they will message looking for more info, some of the lads who are verified got asked for more proof, submitted it and everything was peachy.

To the people who have WTNs further than 6530 and therefore haven't been asked for payment yet I am sorry. In one way I hope ye get a chance, but at the same time that means hoping people drop out/get rejected! So I hope ye get your place from people who CHOOSE to drop out, rather than people who are rejected, that way the majority are happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Haha brilliant!! I'm still waiting since Thurs morn. Himself was verified yest morn....

We'd be hoping to bring the 7k mark each too (hopefully) cause ull go through 2k no bother with rent, deposits, renting cars, etc. Only thing is to make sure all or most of the bills are included!
    You will need every penny of 5k euro coz you dont have rental history , They look for first and last month and deposit upfront for a normal app around $1000 by 3= $3000 + hotel room for a few days at $80-$100 per night for a week= $700 + food $30 to $50 per day=$350 thats $4000 + gone first week!!! That gives you a good month to get a job!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

MKcin wrote: »
    You will need every penny of 5k euro coz you dont have rental history , They look for first and last month and deposit upfront for a normal app around $1000 by 3= $3000 + hotel room for a few days at $80-$100 per night for a week= $700 + food $30 to $50 per day=$350 thats $4000 + gone first week!!! That gives you a good month to get a job!!!

Would people actually stay in a hotel whilst looking for a home (just askin like). I woulda thought most would stay in a hostel, cheaper so saves money. I wouldn't like to be paying out about $100 a night for a hotel room. I'd have better things to be spending the money on

this is the receipt that ulster bank gave me on thursday morning. is this enough to get verified. this is what i uploaded anyhowreceipt1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Surfn wrote: »
    this is the receipt that ulster bank gave me on thursday morning. is this enough to get verified. this is what i uploaded anyhowreceipt1.jpg

I can't see why not, how long have you been waiting, i uploaded my slip on Thursday morning and still waiting to be verified, did it with aib and I wasn't a customer and wasn't charged a fee how come ulster bank charged a fee?

they are me if i wanted them to have the money on the same day, i said ok, it cost 24.50 extra.
    i upload this but doesnt say my name on it.
    i should have wrote my own name on it with a pen
    it was around 1pm on thursday when i uploaded this to my account so basically from then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Mate is that price for your own Flat i presume?:) Here is my plan:)

I am staying in a hostel for $185 a week and i am going to be renting out a room in a house share so that's $500 a month. i think i will stay in the hostel till i get sorted with any kind of job least then i will have bucks coming in and its good way to meet people with the same game plan and possiable roomates etc:). yea i say food would be the killer but with the hostel you can always cook your own food so going to stock up with cheap fruit and buy some spuds and and carrots and maybe a steak for a rare occasion:).when i was in new york i was able to do it on the cheap till i got a good job so cant see why i could not do it like that in Calgary i don't mind liveing frugal for a week or two like by staying in a hostel you save $500 a week over the price of a hotel and food would be no more the $150 a week when shopping for one so that's another $200 saved. and renting a room then would be $1500 compared to the $3000. so it can be done a lot cheaper as long as you don't get caught up in the hostel party lifestyle :D

Surfn wrote: »
    they are me if i wanted them to have the money on the same day, i said ok, it cost 24.50 extra.
    i upload this but doesnt say my name on it.
    i should have wrote my own name on it with a pen
    it was around 1pm on thursday when i uploaded this to my account so basically from then.

ok, the whp ie number should identify yourself to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

hdowney wrote: »
    Would people actually stay in a hotel whilst looking for a home (just askin like). I woulda thought most would stay in a hostel, cheaper so saves money. I wouldn't like to be paying out about $100 a night for a hotel room. I'd have better things to be spending the money on
    Yes hostels are cheaper $30-$50 per nite depending on how nice they are, if you have cash may not be as safe as a hotel.
    The key is to get your SIN no as quickly as possible to open a bank account and get a app and job.
    The first week or so is the most expensive money just goes until you get a app also the app is not furnished so you have to bye everything walmart is the cheepest.
    I had $4000 first time not easy i was lucky had a job in a week or so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

gary27 wrote: »
    I can't see why not, how long have you been waiting, i uploaded my slip on Thursday morning and still waiting to be verified, did it with aib and I wasn't a customer and wasn't charged a fee how come ulster bank charged a fee?

Thanks a lot different to my one mate for a start they never charged me. and how come your name is not on it? or they did not stamp it with the date ? i would go back in to the bank tomorrow and see did it go through if it did your probably grand.

• Advertisement

Yes hostels are cheaper $30-$50 per nite depending on how nice they are, if you have cash may not be as safe as a hotel.
    The key is to get your SIN no as quickly as possible to open a bank account and get a app and job.
    The first week or so is the most expensive money just goes until you get a app also the app is not furnished so you have to bye everything walmart is the cheepest.
    I had $4000 first time not easy i was lucky had a job in a week or so!!

I went to san francisco a couple of summers ago and had no problem staying in the hostel for the first week and it also helps to meet people in the same boat. Was able to get a job and find a place to stay unfurnished but the landlord provided a mattress, was only able to find the accommodation through other Irish people in the same situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement