Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot different to my one mate for a start they never charged me. and how come your name is not on it? or they did not stamp it with the date ? i would go back in to the bank tomorrow and see did it go through if it did your probably grand.

Maybe Surfn you should go into the bank to see if it went through alright just to be on the safe side, but if they haven't contacted you yet that is the IEC looking for more info maybe it is still in the queue waiting for processing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Some people are talking of bringing over crazy money. I guess good if you can. Im going to struggle to bring the 2G minimum and im going next jan.

Did the program in 06 and brought the same. Its all relative to getting work but 2gs was plenty to survive for a few weeks before getting a job.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Some people are talking of bringing over crazy money. I guess good if you can. Im going to struggle to bring the 2G minimum and im going next jan.

Did the program in 06 and brought the same. Its all relative to getting work but 2gs was plenty to survive for a few weeks before getting a job.

I hope to be bringing over 1,000,000 just to be on the safe side until I can get a job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea mate i am only going to have $5 k that's why i wrote up my plan for people in the same boat i want to leave Ireland debt free i don't want to have take out a loan to fund me.I am trying to save a 100 euro a week its hard enough on the dole so i will hopefully have 5 K i am sure family members will give me a couple of hundred $ as well but i don't want to take out handouts. I think when you have spent so long saving money and you are going with a small amount compared to others it makes you more determined to succeed as you no if you don't the only option is to return home to the dole and i no i don't and many others don't want that.

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea mate i am only going to have $5 k that's why i wrote up my plan for people in the same boat i want to leave Ireland debt free i don't want to have take out a loan to fund me.I am trying to save a 100 euro a week its hard enough on the dole so i will hopefully have 5 K i am sure family members will give me a couple of hundred $ as well but i don't want to take out handouts. I think when you have spent so long saving money and you are going with a small amount compared to others it makes you more determined to succeed as you no if you don't the only option is to return home to the dole and i no i don't and many others don't want that.

I'm trying to save as much as I can but also want to leave and be off the dole as soon as I can, I have a car not a new one far from it 00 will sell that and get some extra yoyo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Myself and a friend paid at the same time in the same bank on Friday, he go confirmation yesterday and nothing for me.

Why do you do such things IEC!

Gintonious wrote: »
    Myself and a friend paid at the same time in the same bank on Friday, he go confirmation yesterday and nothing for me.

Why do you do such things IEC!

I paid on thursday and haven't received confirmation, I wonder what order they are processing the payment verifications in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

adamski8 wrote: »

One thing to bare in mind is the cost of living and the like will have been different in 06 to now, but good luck to ya all the same
    gary27 wrote: »
    I hope to be bringing over 1,000,000 just to be on the safe side until I can get a job :D

is that a typo? Or do really mean your gonna bring a mil with ya?!?!

I am aiming for around 7k euro, but to be fair I'm on the dole trying to save with a bunch of other things draining my money. I certainly hope to have about 3k euro by the time I go, but mores the better so I'll try damn hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

I don't know if this has changed, but just to let ye know...the guy that was speaking at the Dublin expo last year from one of the third party visa orgs, possibly canadavisa..., said that you won't get in if you have any debt, I have a fairly hefty loan so paying it bit by bit each month....
    Now whether that just means not having those details on the statement you bring with you to port of entry, or whether they do actually do a bank check, I'm not sure.....(and it is very easy for a company to do a credit check)

So those of ye talking about taking out loans, just be prepared for that....

hdowney wrote: »
    One thing to bare in mind is the cost of living and the like will have been different in 06 to now, but good luck to ya all the same

is that a typo? Or do really mean your gonna bring a mil with ya?!?!

I am aiming for around 7k euro, but to be fair I'm on the dole trying to save with a bunch of other things draining my money. I certainly hope to have about 3k euro by the time I go, but mores the better so I'll try damn hard.

I'm not bringing a 1,000,000, i wish i had that amount of money, I bringing around the same as most people on here :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Did anybody with wtn in the 3000s get verified yet?
    This waiting is so frustrating but i suppose there are thousands to process so we just have to be patient :-/
    the sooner the better though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

hdowney wrote: »
    Black_Shadow man delighted for ya. Takes a load off doesn't it. Now it is waiting to be accepted when they have done their assessment, but I think we all know that could be days so arn't panicking as much. To all of you still waiting on payment verification I know it is easy for me to say, but try not to panic too much. You likely will get verified (no idea why some get it quicker than others but...) and if they have any problem with your payment proof they will message looking for more info, some of the lads who are verified got asked for more proof, submitted it and everything was peachy.

To the people who have WTNs further than 6530 and therefore haven't been asked for payment yet I am sorry. In one way I hope ye get a chance, but at the same time that means hoping people drop out/get rejected! So I hope ye get your place from people who CHOOSE to drop out, rather than people who are rejected, that way the majority are happy

Thanks dude, it takes loads off alright ha. Ya people should look at it this, they had loads of visas to process since tuesday and arent doing it in WTN order, so remain calm and you will be verified in no time. I dont know will many people drop out to get the chance to get out of here on 2 year visa and the country been close to home ha. Ya i agree with you that people who choose to drop, ye get their places instead of it going back on the site in a pool, that would be unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Just did a sneaky log in and no luck still :( Giving up hope now. Could be this godforsaken country for another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Its crazy this visa allows you to work abroad in canada for 2 years, but in Oz you pay nearly 500 euro for one year visa and if you want a second you have to do 3 months of regional work, plus oz is very far from home, least with canada you have 2 years, no regional work to do get that extra year and is only 120 euro for the visa (might be a bit more who knows) but least you be home in 9 or 10 hours etc. Only difference is the weather oz is great and sunny but canada is snowy alot in certain parts (buts lets be honest the weather is prob better then the irish weather at this rate), up to 30 degrees in the summer :D but hey canada is the new oz for us irish people, them visas werent long going! It will be the same next year but i expect it them to be gone alot quicker to go and alot more people to apply, so let the good times roll on the good times in canada :D and good luck to all waiting to get verified, ye will be get verified in time, i am sure of it :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

JustRoss23 & gary27, yes i think i will go to the bank 1st thing in the morning and see if it has went through. they might be able to give me another copy of the receipt and stamp it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

anybody know whats best way to proceed with the photo can you just scan a previous photo and upload left over from a driving licence renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

Sync wrote: »
    I have, and I made a huge error in doing so as they will not give me a receipt with the information I need.I sent the transfer using the sort code and account number, which is the wrong way to do it.

If you use the IBAN and Swift it will give you a nice receipt in your online banking which should do.... but I can't get anything from AIB, been calling them to ask for a receipt and they don't issue any type of receipt for payments so if I didn't screenshot my payment made screen I'm screwed basically I was told.

So now I have to e-mail them and hope for the best.

I did the same :(

Did you email them, any response?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thumps

gambit83 wrote: »

end of days guys, ye paid them. they will prob ask for more details but i cant see a problem once ye paid them which ye did

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

Just saying that an Oz visa is definitely not 500euro! Its only about 150euro(and probably to easiest visa to get in your life, all you need is your name and date of birth!)...Ive done my two years in Oz, one and half years in New Zealand....Canada is my last big visa! Im drooling just thinking about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

fifi2008 wrote: »
    I don't know if this has changed, but just to let ye know...the guy that was speaking at the Dublin expo last year from one of the third party visa orgs, possibly canadavisa..., said that you won't get in if you have any debt, I have a fairly hefty loan so paying it bit by bit each month....
    Now whether that just means not having those details on the statement you bring with you to port of entry, or whether they do actually do a bank check, I'm not sure.....(and it is very easy for a company to do a credit check)

So those of ye talking about taking out loans, just be prepared for that....
    is a motgage not seen as a heft loan? surely it cant be the case that theyd turn down people if they have mortgages!! they'll hardly be doing a credit check on 6.5k visa applicants, they wouldnt have the time or the resources.
    id take what a lot of these 3rd part visa "experts" say with a fairly large pinch of salt, they have been found out to be a crowd of chancers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 ricomc77

Just saying that an Oz visa is definitely not 500euro! Its only about 150euro(and probably to easiest visa to get in your life, all you need is your name and date of birth!)...Ive done my two years in Oz, one and half years in New Zealand....Canada is my last big visa! Im drooling just thinking about it!!

Do you need to get police clearance certs from NZ and OZ for applying for the Canadian one?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

is a motgage not seen as a heft loan? surely it cant be the case that theyd turn down people if they have mortgages!! they'll hardly be doing a credit check on 6.5k visa applicants, they wouldnt have the time or the resources.
    id take what a lot of these 3rd part visa "experts" say with a fairly large pinch of salt, they have been found out to be a crowd of chancers!!!

O completely which is why we did it ourselves...just relaying what ur man said...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

O completely which is why we did it ourselves...just relaying what ur man said...
    fifi2008 wrote: »

I asked one of those guys at the living abroad expo a few months back about having loans and stuff. He basically said that's fine, what they are actually looking for is that you have enough cash in the bank ($2500). There aren't too many people completely debt free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

ricomc77 wrote: »
    Do you need to get police clearance certs from NZ and OZ for applying for the Canadian one?

Yeah you do! The Oz one was $42 to get which was ridiculous and the NZ one was free, you can do both online and they both came in the post in about a week. For the Oz one you need a passport, drivers licence, birth cert and a scan of a credit card/bank card with your name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I immediately sent an e-mail from the Kompass account, but didn't seem to make any difference. They then sent me a message in that to say they needed more proof of payment, so I just replied with a lengthy explanation and wrote the info they needed, as I can't get a receipt for it.

That was Thursday I sent that, still no response, but the money went through so there wont be a problem (I imagine). Hoping to hear back from them Mon/Tue... will post/pm you when I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ricomc77

Yeah you do! The Oz one was $42 to get which was ridiculous and the NZ one was free, you can do both online and they both came in the post in about a week. For the Oz one you need a passport, drivers licence, birth cert and a scan of a credit card/bank card with your name on it.

I'll have to get a UK one then too and they charge 45pound for theirs - rip off!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

Sync wrote: »
    I immediately sent an e-mail from the Kompass account, but didn't seem to make any difference. They then sent me a message in that to say they needed more proof of payment, so I just replied with a lengthy explanation and wrote the info they needed, as I can't get a receipt for it.

That was Thursday I sent that, still no response, but the money went through so there wont be a problem (I imagine). Hoping to hear back from them Mon/Tue... will post/pm you when I know :)

That'd be great thanks
    I was thinking about going into a AIB branch tomorrow and see if they can get me some kind of a receipt or cancel the payment, if they can't then I might put through another payment

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I'd hold off Gambit if I were you. Give it til Tuesday maybe

If you put through another payment I don't think you'll be able to submit a new proof of payment. Not 100% about your IEC account. But mine is locked in regards to adding more information.

Still waiting myself since Wednesday. The suspense is killing me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

There doesnt seem to be any particular structure anyway in how the payments are confirmed, we just have to hold tight, I had until the 9th to pay so I will give it another few days anyway before panic sets in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

That'd be great thanks
    I was thinking about going into a AIB branch tomorrow and see if they can get me some kind of a receipt or cancel the payment, if they can't then I might put through another payment

Was thinking that, but once it's through you can't "unlock" it to send another one in... Patience might just be the key with this as they are probably crazy busy with a lot more people making the same mistakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement