Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Suarez20

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    ha read over the thread the same questions have been asked so many times:P

ha with 172 pages or whatever not surprising people aint going through one by one! Here since I'm from the north and living in dub last 3 years does that mean i have to get police check from the cowboys up north as well as the guards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

well if people didn't ask the same questions over and over again then it would not be 172 pages long.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    well if people didn't ask the same questions over and over again then it would not be 172 pages long.:P

Well some people might not want to go through that many pages :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

you can also search this thread which i have been doing a lot over the process using the cryptic 'search this thread' function. search your keywords and you will get your answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Canada_Bound

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Mate im on the same boat,btw did it show on your garda cert about the drinking and driving conviction?

Hey man sorry hadn't been online in a few days. Yeah it showed up on my garda cert. It was 7 years ago and i thought it might not show up after a certain amount of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

BOOM!

Payment verified, get in you ****in beauty!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Gintonious wrote: »
    BOOM!

Congrats to you!! For all of us still waiting-when did you make your payment? Do you mind me asking what bank you are with?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

hey,

yes you do need it, you need it from any country you have lived in for over 6 months for the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Congrats to you!! For all of us still waiting-when did you make your payment? Do you mind me asking what bank you are with?

I'm with BOI but went into an AIB on Friday lunch time and uploaded on the Friday evening.

Hi guys,

I can only roughly remember what dates I put in for my past work on the application form as I mostly have done part time in the last 4 years while at college.

Does anyone know if I will be at any stage able to go back into my application form and view what dates I put in?

Its locked at the moment!! NERVOUS WRECK NOW!!

I really don't think you need exact dates for your CV - you just need month and year. Canadian CV's don't include the specific date, i.e. the day, and the CV format we need is the Canadian one. I am the same as you I couldn't remember exact dates, except for the month and year, and so I just put roughly the day in each month. I am sure we will be fine :) well I hope!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Gintonious wrote: »
    BOOM!

All down to my awesome candle lighting skills :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

I Know it can take up to two weeks but am just wondering has anybody recieved their conditional acceptance letter?

wendydoll wrote: »
    All down to my awesome candle lighting skills :p

Wendydoll, fancy working your magic for me? I am at my wits end here! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Wendydoll, fancy working your magic for me? I am at my wits end here! :rolleyes:

Wendydoll, me too if you can :)

no it takes 8 weeks to receive the visa it can take up to 2 weeks to receive the conditional acceptance letter. i haven't heard anything yet regarding the letter.

gary27 wrote: »
    Wendydoll, me too if you can :)

I'm still trying to work my candle magic for ManforCheese. :) I have lit two lucky candles for you guys.

Running out of candles, will have to call in the reinforcements shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I'm still trying to work my candle magic for ManforCheese. :) I have lit two lucky candles for you guys.

Thanks for the support :)

For all those worried about specific dates, it says this on the CIC website regarding dates:

There are three history fields on the form: work history, address history and education history. Each includes a “to” section, where you normally write when you finished that activity or moved from that address. If you are still working or studying, or if you still live at that address, write “TODAY” or the date you are signing the application. If you do not know the exact dates, provide approximate dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭centre back

well after a tough few days finally got my payment verified. i applied last tuesday when they first opened, and as i applied from canada my problems started there. first of all my girlfriend tried to pay for us through our boi account and it wouldn't let her, then i tried from my account in aib and it said i needed a card reader:(:(! so in the end we payed using our canada bank account, we accepted that it would take a few extra days for the money to go across to ireland. we got an email then friday saying our payment was not up to scratch.(panic)! off to the bank to get more documentation and send it off asap, as we only had till the 8th before the wtn number ran out. the sense of relief when i got the email this morning saying it was verified was great, hope everyone else on here got/gets sorted

we got an email then friday saying our payment was not up to scratch.(panic)! off to the bank to get more documentation and send it off asap, as we only had till the 8th before the wtn number ran out.

The IEC rep on here said payments may take up to ten days to be verified. I'm worried now, paid last Wednesday morning and my wtn only lasts until Friday. If they haven't verified my payment by then will my place potentially be given to someone else? Or does the fact I have paid before the cut off on the 8th mean I will be OK.

I am seeking calming advice....:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

re sent my proof of payment there around 9 last night so fingers crossed . This wait is gona kill me ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

The IEC rep on here said payments may take up to ten days to be verified. I'm worried now, paid last Wednesday morning and my wtn only lasts until Friday. If they haven't verified my payment by then will my place potentially be given to someone else? Or does the fact I have paid before the cut off on the 8th mean I will be OK.

no, your wtn number doesnt expire, once you have paid before the 9th, which you have you cant lose your place once youve paid.

Today is only monday. friday is still a whole 4 days away you have plenty of time :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

still have nothing, went into the bank and all at lunchtime and said there is no problem, that the payment left my acc etc so what the hold up is i dont f*ing know, id say something if i left it till last minute but it was done wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

not verified yet either and paid wednesday lunchtime....

they were apparantly working through the weekend!!

Same as. Just waiting for a rejection email at this stage now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

So, I'm submitting my proof of payment. Is the "Payment reference number" thing just my IE-00xxxxx thing again?

Nvr mind, got it. Whoops. Search is useful :P

re sent my proof of payment there around 9 last night so fingers crossed . This wait is gona kill me ha

Did they get in touch with you last night to send in more info?
    still have nothing, went into the bank and all at lunchtime and said there is no problem, that the payment left my acc etc so what the hold up is i dont f*ing know, id say something if i left it till last minute but it was done wednesday morning.

A lot of the verifications seem to happen later in the evening. Chin up! It's still only after midday in Ottawa :D

evan2509 wrote: »

Same as. Just waiting for a rejection email at this stage now.

Evan I'm the same as you and manfromcheese so I really hope you are wrong. I think we're just thrown in the pile. Seems when you paid has no bearing on when you're dealt with

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

If the excitement of getting payment verification on this is anything to go by can you imagine the excitement when people start to get the actual visas ... Will be madness :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Evan I'm the same as you and manfromcheese so I really hope you are wrong. I think we're just thrown in the pile. Seems when you paid has no bearing on when you're dealt with

Once your WTN number is under IE-13-WHP-006350 then you should be fine. You're given a date to have paid by on your payment info message, as long as you've paid and uploaded proof of payment by that date it'll be fine, no point in worrying just yet! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement