Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    no it takes 8 weeks to receive the visa it can take up to 2 weeks to receive the conditional acceptance letter. i haven't heard anything yet regarding the letter.

Hi Ross, any idea if that's two weeks waiting for the conditional acceptance followed by an eight week wait or eight weeks total? Just outta curiosity....

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uploaded proof on wednesday, should I be worried now????:(

EDIT. I see there a still a few waiting since wednesday too

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! uploaded proof on wednesday, should I be worried now????:(

No Let's Stay calm :-P

Drinks on me when we are all verified!

No Let's Stay calm :-P

Drinks on me when we are all verified!

I will hold you ta that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Proof of payment submitted! Hopefully I get it validated/told I fecked up soon as it has to be done by friday. pretty sure everything is alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Posting on behalf of a friend who is in Canada at the minute and having issues with payment.
    I uploaded my payment receipt on Thursday 31st january to my IEC account as instructed. I then got an email to say that I needed to upload additional information on the receivers bank details using the my messages function. Which I did on Friday. I have sent 3 emails with the attachment, and a further email asking for information regarding this as I have still not heard back. I am also unable to tell from looking at the sent messages if they actually got the attachment. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any ideas as to what to do?

Can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Hey, I paid from Canada through my Canadian account on Friday. Uploaded my proof of payment Saturday night and received notice that my payment had been verified at 7.30 Vancouver time this morning (10.30 Ottawa time, 3.30 Irish time!). So, i don't know if there is any discernible pattern or structure to how they are verifying people since mine seems to have happened very quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

giggii wrote: »
    Hi Ross, any idea if that's two weeks waiting for the conditional acceptance followed by an eight week wait or eight weeks total? Just outta curiosity....

no mate its 8 weeks overall all i think the 2 weeks is included in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Tiddlers wrote: »
    Hey, I paid from Canada through my Canadian account on Friday. Uploaded my proof of payment Saturday night and received notice that my payment had been verified at 7.30 Vancouver time this morning (10.30 Ottawa time, 3.30 Irish time!). So, i don't know if there is any discernible pattern or structure to how they are verifying people since mine seems to have happened very quickly!

There doesn't seem to be, I sent off mine Wednesday morning and heard back from them by that night, others have sent theirs around the same time and are still waiting. Like I said before, if you're number is under #006350 you'll be fine, it takes a while to get verified but you have your place and once you've paid and your payment has gone through by the specified date you have your place and all you can do is sit tight and wait for your verification (easier said than done I know! :P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 WillPainter

Has anybody been asked for more proof of payment? I uploaded a scan of my AIB bank statement. They responded by saying it needs to show their account number, which isn't displayed on the statement. So I uploaded a print screen of my online bank payment log, but that only featured the last 3 digits of their account number. I'm still waiting for them to respond. AIB informed me that there are no other forms of proof other than the ones I mentioned. So if if they don't accept the print screen, I'm screwed.

What the hell do I do!?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Has anybody been asked for more proof of payment? I uploaded a scan of my AIB bank statement. They responded by saying it needs to show their account number, which isn't displayed on the statement. So I uploaded a print screen of my online bank payment log, but that only featured the last 3 digits of their account number. I'm still waiting for them to respond. AIB informed me that there are no other forms of proof other than the ones I mentioned. So if if they don't accept the print screen, I'm screwed.

What the hell do I do!?

I'm in the exact same situation, just relax for now as there is nothing you can do until you hear from them again. That's my attitude towards it anyway.
    Second e-mail I sent them was just explaining what happened, that AIB can't give me a receipt with what they need... so where can I go from there. They should be able to find the payment with the IE-00 code thing anyway...

Sync wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same situation, just relax for now as there is nothing you can do until you hear from them again. That's my attitude towards it anyway.
    Second e-mail I sent them was just explaining what happened, that AIB can't give me a receipt with what they need... so where can I go from there. They should be able to find the payment with the IE-00 code thing anyway...

Sound. It may be a long shot, but it might be possible to get in touch with the Canadian Embassy. The money went into the Embassy's account, not the IEC's account. Maybe we could get them to send us a receipt, and then we could forward that onto the IEC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

everyone like me who has not been verified- where we think our 120 euro is...

tumblr_lzn6kpXB811r5frxco1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RodimusPrime

Gintonious wrote: »
    Posting on behalf of a friend who is in Canada at the minute and having issues with payment.

Can anyone help?

I received the same message as your friend last thursday, I took screen shots of my on-line bank account showing the payment to the Canadian Embassy. I also attached a note with the date and approx time( Canadian and Irish time) and all of the details in specified in the letter
    Details of Transaction:
    - Account Name: Canadian Embassy
    - Bank Name: Allied Irish Bank Plc
    - Address: Grafton Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
    - Their Account No:
    - Their Sort Code:
    - WTN: HQ-IE-13-WHP-XXXXXX
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: IE-XXXXXX

My payment was verified this evening

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

maybe slightly off topic but you know how we need health insurance for the two years we are there... well i was wondering does that still apply if lets say u are going to Alberta? could you get maybe a couple of months cover instead so that it will cover you until u start working? :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wendydoll wrote: »
    Did they get in touch with you last night to send in more info?

Yea got an email about 5 irish time yesterday??? and uploaded it around 9 ish last night

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭misnormer

i was Hesitant about applying but got a WTN of 54** ..

I paid friday at 10am cash into an Aib Uploaded receipt at 11am vertified then this morning at 3:42am.Thats relatively fast for them to have gotten 80% of all vertified payments over the weekend. even working on a sunday.

would be impressive alright except that im in the 3000s, paid on thurs and havent heard anything. people on here before me still waiting. all in good time though. seems to be pot luck when you get processed.

As i said
    everyone like me who has not been verified- where we think our 120 euro is...

tumblr_lzn6kpXB811r5frxco1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

Sync wrote: »

I just received verification there, Sync. Have you sent them the print screen of the AIB payment log?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You know the message in My messages on Kompass acc, mine still comes up as "unread" even though I've opened it a few times now, and have sent in proof of payment.
    All the sections including proof of payment are now "Locked"
    Is this the same for everyone or is there a glitch or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Panthro wrote: »
    You know the message in My messages on Kompass acc, mine still comes up as "unread" even though I've opened it a few times now, and have sent in proof of payment.

same for me, i think thats the way it is, i could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

same as Panthro

gary27 wrote: »
    same for me, i think thats the way it is, i could be wrong.
    It's a bit annoying, every time I log in I see "1 unread message" and for a split second I think "yay!"

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I just received verification there, Sync. Have you sent them the print screen of the AIB payment log?

I did, but you can't really see much on it except the 120euro and the last few digits of the account.

Hopefully I hear soon, pressure is off you now :)

It's a bit annoying, every time I log in I see "1 unread message" and for a split second I think "yay!"

same here its annoying, how's the job scene in Vancouver?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Just so people have an idea, I paid and uploaded my receipt early last Wednesday, and only got verified this evening.

The process is completely arbitrary. If you have paid and your info is in order, don't worry!

gary27 wrote: »
    same here its annoying, how's the job scene in Vancouver?
    Not so bad mate, I went working on a site for a dew weeks to tide me over (never did it before, learning curve!)
    Then I came across a job I blagged my way into (Fire Safety Planning) the job doesn't exist back home, but because I did AutoCAD I got the foot in the door.
    Keep an eye on Craigslist Vancouver for an idea on what's out there.

• Advertisement

Not so bad mate, I went working on a site for a dew weeks to tide me over (never did it before, learning curve!)
    Then I came across a job I blagged my way into (Fire Safety Planning) the job doesn't exist back home, but because I did AutoCAD I got the foot in the door.
    Keep an eye on Craigslist Vancouver for an idea on what's out there.

good stuff, I'll probably head to calgary myself, its good to hear irish doing well over there, i wouldn't mind trying site work if the opportunity came up, best of luck with the job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement