Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

Gintonious wrote: »
    Posting on behalf of a friend who is in Canada at the minute and having issues with payment.

Can anyone help?

I had same problem, not sure if the attachment went as when I checked sent items, I couldn't view it, so I sent it twice to be sure :eek:

They are working round the clock it seems to get verifying everyones payment, I guess come Friday if there is no reply I'll start to worry a little. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

media101 wrote: »
    maybe slightly off topic but you know how we need health insurance for the two years we are there... well i was wondering does that still apply if lets say u are going to Alberta? could you get maybe a couple of months cover instead so that it will cover you until u start working? :)

Nope still need insurance independent of Alberta health, as AH will not cover you for ambulance trips medication or repatriation

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Just been asked to supply additional info now. I have sent it off. At least something is happening I suppose. Now to sit on the edge of my seat for a few more days! !

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Just been asked to supply additional info now. I have sent it off. At least something is happening I suppose. Now to sit on the edge of my seat for a few more days! !

I got that last night at five to 11 and sent the info off and got verified at 2am.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

No way:( I have a feeling this might happpen me too. Im waiting since Wednesday and I took a screen shot of my internet banking.

• Advertisement

johnnyc67 wrote: »

No way:( I have a feeling this might happpen me too. Im waiting since Wednesday and I took a screen shot of my internet banking.

That was all I supplied too, I was so annoyed at myself for not CALMLY reading their initial letter and following the proper instructions. Are you with ptsb John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

That was all I supplied too, I was so annoyed at myself for not CALMLY reading their initial letter and following the proper instructions. Are you with ptsb John?

im with PTSB and havnt heard anything since i paid and uploaded last wednesday! went into branch and all today and they said there isnt a problem from their end with the payment so i dont know what the hold up is!!

im with PTSB and havnt heard anything since i paid and uploaded last wednesday! went into branch and all today and they said there isnt a problem from their end with the payment so i dont know what the hold up is!!

I'm with them too, it seems to me aib and boi have had better luck for some reason

No Im with AIB. Ah sure to make it worse I was in the bank to do the payment and they told me I was better off doing it online, so I did. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

there has been a few PTSB users that have been verified also!

• Advertisement

there has been a few PTSB users that have been verified also!

Yeah I meant to say that also. I have seen a few saying they were confirmed using PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I received the same message as your friend last thursday, I took screen shots of my on-line bank account showing the payment to the Canadian Embassy. I also attached a note with the date and approx time( Canadian and Irish time) and all of the details in specified in the letter
    Details of Transaction:
    - Account Name: Canadian Embassy
    - Bank Name: Allied Irish Bank Plc
    - Address: Grafton Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
    - Their Account No:
    - Their Sort Code:
    - WTN: HQ-IE-13-WHP-XXXXXX
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: IE-XXXXXX

My payment was verified this evening

hope this helps

Thanks, all went well and they got confirmation.

JUST BEEN VERIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IN THERE YA GOOD THING.:D:D:cool::pac:

Now to get Police clearance from 3 different countries:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

Just wondering guys, when you uploaded proof of payment there was no 'upload' button to click after you chose the file was there? Asking cos I just got requested to reupload my proof of payment via my messages as they couldnt open it. Again when you pick the file to attach with the message there is no upload button or it doesnt appear to attach itself like it would with a gmail attachment. slightly spooked that it's not working for me or something. just looking to put my mind at ease that they should get it this time and it's not some issue with chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Just wondering guys, when you uploaded proof of payment there was no 'upload' button to click after you chose the file was there? Asking cos I just got requested to reupload my proof of payment via my messages as they couldnt open it. Again when you pick the file to attach with the message there is no upload button or it doesnt appear to attach itself like it would with a gmail attachment. slightly spooked that it's not working for me or something. just looking to put my mind at ease that they should get it this time and it's not some issue with chrome.

There should be 2 buttons, 1 says browse and beside that there shed be an upload button! The same as when you uploaded you passport! Maybe email them and let them know!

i just get this
    Screenshot-04_12_201323_02_06_zps5981d9a0.jpg

and can't do anything else but submit. tried it in internet explorer and the same. i thought when i submitted my message it would just attach it then. so this isnt normal then? how annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SEANGRIFFIN

Does anybody know where it has the info about the Bank Statement that you need to produce at the airport? I'm sure I saw it somewhere. Thanks

i just get this
    Screenshot-04_02_201323_02_06.jpg

and can't do anything else but submit. tried it in internet explorer and the same. i thought when i submitted my message it would just attach it then. so this isnt normal then? how annoying :(

This doesn't look like d one I submitted with, mine had a box with 'paid in by' and no message box with 5000 characters, totally different, wud def get in contact with them!

Does anybody know where it has the info about the Bank Statement that you need to produce at the airport? I'm sure I saw it somewhere. Thanks

Didn't see it n this but read that u need a bank statement that is less than a week old to show when entering

thanks ladybird, yeah this isnt the same as how i originally did it as this is through 'my messages'. no upload button for me how typical! :(

• Advertisement

thanks ladybird, yeah this isnt the same as how i originally did it as this is through 'my messages'. no upload button for me how typical! :(

Oh I get ya now this is to respond to their mail! But still pretty impossible when there isn't an upload button! Don't panic though still plenty of time to get it sorted out, you'll be sorted this time 2moro nite!
    :-)

That is normal with the request for additional info, I just submitted it-hopefully its Ok
    i just get this
    Screenshot-04_02_201323_02_06.jpg

thanks GDG. surely must have worked this time then. did you have a look at your 'sent messages' after? it downloads like a message from them. when i open my one its just the text part, do you have the pic you sent off as well when you look at yours? if you're arsed having a look you'd really put my mind at ease whether it's just the text for you too, if not- no worries!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Has anyone moved past the stage of payment verification?
    Just curious, not panicking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Woke up the last 2 nights dreaming i had just been verified... go to check and its still pending :-( please please let it be tonight

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Im just praying when i wake up tomorrow it will all be done

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

thanks GDG. surely must have worked this time then. did you have a look at your 'sent messages' after? it downloads like a message from them. when i open my one its just the text part, do you have the pic you sent off as well when you look at yours? if you're arsed having a look you'd really put my mind at ease whether it's just the text for you too, if not- no worries!

i got the same email Saturday, so I sent them reply through messages, was a little worried when I couldn't see an upload button either, and when checking sent messages, I couldn't view the attachment either.

all good now lovemytea?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Night all
    hope the verify fairys come tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Bougeoir

I've just paid there. I'm with Ulster Bank. So I saved the webpage thinking I'd just be able to open it again for proof of payment but it just keeps redirecting me to put in my details and then the home page. I haven't even received an email verification of the payment! I emailed my branch explaining that I need a payment receipt by Friday. I can't find any option in my online account! Stress! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement