Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

Has anyone moved past the stage of payment verification?
    Just curious, not panicking!!

i was verified on sunday which i thought was odd. i dunno, i thought maybe they'd be taking their weekends off and everything would be dealt with monday to friday. anyway, i was hoping something further would have happened by now. maybe some instructions on how to go about filling out the forms for the next stage. still nothing yet. the verification letter says that you should just keep checking your message inbox for updates. i'm curious though. they mention stage 1: iec initiative assessment.....
    is that what they're currently doing now? i thought we'd have to fill out more forms that were considered part of this stage. are they just looking further into the info we gave before making payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just got verified this evening. Delighted! I'd say with all the visas going so quickly they'll probably try and get everyone's payment verified before moving on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Deadly. Paid the money today and got verified just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Deadly. Paid the money today and got verified just now!

You are kidding me?
    Farrrrrkk!:mad:
    I paid Friday morning and am still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

Panthro wrote: »
    You are kidding me?
    Farrrrrkk!:mad:
    I paid Friday morning and am still waiting.

I also paid Friday and not a dicky bird yet about verification, up at 5.30 to check my account. This is painful - ahhhhhh. I guess if there was a problem - they would be back looking for more info? how am I going to work today when Im obsessed with this!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

thanks GDG. surely must have worked this time then. did you have a look at your 'sent messages' after? it downloads like a message from them. when i open my one its just the text part, do you have the pic you sent off as well when you look at yours? if you're arsed having a look you'd really put my mind at ease whether it's just the text for you too, if not- no worries!

Jimmy sorry just saw this now, yeah I have the same. .. can't see the upload. Also got no word back yet so I'm beginning to worry again

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Lmnover wrote: »

I also paid Friday and not a dicky bird yet about verification, up at 5.30 to check my account. This is painful - ahhhhhh. I guess if there was a problem - they would be back looking for more info? how am I going to work today when Im obsessed with this!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I know the feeling! I paid last WED! They only asked me for more info last night so you might hear soon too. I barely slept a wink, kept dreaming about the kompass account. ... Christ! I can't take much more of this blind waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mair10

Is anybody else not able to log into Kompass a/c? It keeps redirecting me to an information page for Canadian citizens looking for visas.

Normally i wouldn't panic but I need to get in asap to email them proof of payment as my first payment bounced back (wrong sort code) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

Bougeoir wrote: »
    I've just paid there. I'm with Ulster Bank. So I saved the webpage thinking I'd just be able to open it again for proof of payment but it just keeps redirecting me to put in my details and then the home page. I haven't even received an email verification of the payment! I emailed my branch explaining that I need a payment receipt by Friday. I can't find any option in my online account! Stress! :(

similar thing happened to me with AIB online. i went to a AIB branch yesterday and they couldn't give me any receipt. yesterday i printed the "transfers & payments, payment log" from their website which showed the money was transferred, then i typed my details onto the same page and sent it off. i didn't know if they'd accept it but it was verified yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I paid Thursday morning still no word yet of verified payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

gary27 wrote: »
    I paid Thursday morning still no word yet of verified payment.

I paid Wed morn, uploaded Thurs morn and verified yest morn, so sit tight. I know how sickening it is but it will come through and at worst ull be asked for more, so easier said than done but keep an eye on ur email....I'd stay away from this thread it'll only make u worse...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If i dont hear word by tonight , think im gonna re-upload my updated proof of payment just incase:(

fifi2008 wrote: »
    I paid Wed morn, uploaded Thurs morn and verified yest morn, so sit tight. I know how sickening it is but it will come through and at worst ull be asked for more, so easier said than done but keep an eye on ur email....I'd stay away from this thread it'll only make u worse...

I say your right but your thinking to yourself if you made an error in payment, but I'm stilling hoping that it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

I had the issue, whereby I couldn't get enough information from my bank(lengthy conversation with bank manager and their tech support) and still no joy. So I rang the embassy in Dublin, explained the situation and they told me a lot of people were having the same issue, banks in Ireland generally can't or won't give you the info you need. So I wrote a mail to the IEC using the Kompass as follows.
    Hi, I contacted my bank today, and spoke with the bank manager and the technician and they advised me that the information that I provided already was all that they could provide me with(Screenshot of account ending-XXX paid 120 to account ending-XXX). They also advised that I contact the account holder(Canadian Embassy in Dublin) to verify they have received the payment. As from the banks perspective the payment has been completed. So in turn, I contacted the Canadian Embassy today, and explained the issue I was having, they confirmed on the phone that the money has arrived in their account, but there was nothing they could do, and that there were alot of complaints today regarding the same/similar issues. I was then advised to send a message back explaining the above, and that my payment confirmation was all that can be provided by the bank, and to ask you to check with them if necessary in order to move my application along. The reference used on my Bank Transfer was IE-000XXX and should be identifiable by that in the Canadian Embassy's bank account. So in this case, myself, nor the Canadian Embassy in Dublin know how I should proceed if the information I have provided proves to be insufficient. Kind Regards, Elvis

I got payment verification back within the hour.

I have a few friends who were in a similar situation, we used the Acc No & Sort code rather than the Swift IBAN method. The above mail has now worked for 5 people(including myself).

I'm in the first 200 WTNs and got my payment off straight away, and verified the next day. I haven't heard anything on the next section and don't expect to for at least another week. So for those panicking about not hearing anything, I wouldn't worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Lads just for anyone who hasn't paid yet - I'd suggest go to an AIB bank. I went to a Bank Of Ireland (I'm a BOI a/c) and well they didn't want to know about it etc so I went to an AIB branch and it was like they were trained up on it it was brill even gave photocopy without me asking and I even made a little error and it was AIB girl that pointed it to me. Really was massive relief and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

gary27 wrote: »

I say your right but your thinking to yourself if you made an error in payment, but I'm stilling hoping that it works out.

I know what u mean! I presume u double checked everything though. Its the stress and panic that makes u question yourself. I had told myself that if I hadn't heard by 2m I'd send them a message through Kompass. Try it, it won't do any harm

For what it worth I doing Girlfriends and Mine together and did both yesterday at exact same time (mine first) but she has recieved her letter back and I'm still waiting so I presume it just take time.
    But do we have to wait for a while before we can do any more?

fifi2008 wrote: »
    I know what u mean! I presume u double checked everything though. Its the stress and panic that makes u question yourself. I had told myself that if I hadn't heard by 2m I'd send them a message through Kompass. Try it, it won't do any harm

I sent them an email yesterday but they never replied, should they reply quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

I'm in first 100's WTN payment verified within 24hrs with PTSB say next stage will be for week or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

a week or 2 mate if not longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

I paid on Wednesday and got an email from them saying more proof of payment needed, I emailed them explaining the situation with the bank being unable to provide additional information, no reply, then I emailed them just confirming the account number into which I paid and all the other details, etc,etc, -I STILL HAVE HEARD NOTHING!!!

My boyfriend did the exact same thing as I did and in fact copied and pasted the exact same mail I sent them explaining and received a reply within an hour! This was on Thursday, he is now verified but I am still waiting and in the dark! I've even emailed the embassy but they have been unable to help. Argh, so worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

Yes Hopefully sooner then later everyone's nerves will be shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

I paid on Wednesday and got an email from them saying more proof of payment needed, I emailed them explaining the situation with the bank being unable to provide additional information, no reply, then I emailed them just confirming the account number into which I paid and all the other details, etc,etc, -I STILL HAVE HEARD NOTHING!!!

My boyfriend did the exact same thing as I did and in fact copied and pasted the exact same mail I sent them explaining and received a reply within an hour! This was on Thursday, he is now verified but I am still waiting and in the dark! I've even emailed the embassy but they have been unable to help. Argh, so worried!

I paid on Wedbesday too but havnt heard a thing :( At least you heard something!

Lads I wouldn't worry because once you have WTN number they will get to you eventually like I sure there no vendetta against anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

media101 wrote: »
    maybe slightly off topic but you know how we need health insurance for the two years we are there... well i was wondering does that still apply if lets say u are going to Alberta? could you get maybe a couple of months cover instead so that it will cover you until u start working? :)
    Nope still need insurance independent of Alberta health, as AH will not cover you for ambulance trips medication or repatriation

Yea you HAVE to have proof of cover for the entire duration of your stay in Can. If they ask for it at the port of entry and you only had 3mth cover they 'could' give you a 3mth work permit! but they'd be more likely to just tell you to fack off back home. So better safe than sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

So better safe than sorry

Great advice lads always to be better safe then sorry;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Has anyone who Payed via going into an AIB branch been verified yet? I presume lots. This is how I payed and no sign or verification yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

Jimmy sorry just saw this now, yeah I have the same. .. can't see the upload. Also got no word back yet so I'm beginning to worry again

I know the feeling! Don't know why I thought i'd wake up this morning and for it all to be sorted. They'll have to make changes to this process for next year. This whole **** is ridiculous. Seems horrendous for the IEC team too. Just want to be able to forget about it. Thanks for having a look for me anyway. Don't worry about it, they will get back to us. Just hope it's not another 5 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

evan2509 wrote: »
    Has anyone who Payed via going into an AIB branch been verified yet? I presume lots. This is how I payed and no sign or verification yet.

i paid via going to the AIB (they are the bank i bank with), it was qucik payment, got proof, had to add some written in myself as the machine didnt provide it, uploaded that evening (wednesday of last week) and got verified saturday night here but 6.47pm their time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

evan i did as well, paid/uploaded thurs and got a request for more info last night so same waiting time as blackshadow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement