Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

lovemytea wrote: »
    Well I haven't heard back from them yet :eek:
    Reckon it is because they are so busy! Well I'm hoping!

damn! that's horrible they leave you another 4 days and counting or whatever for just additional info when some folks hear back from first submitting it in 8 hours. back of the line with us. guess it's unlikely i'll be hearing back withing the next 24hrs then but who knows. reckon im just going to stop thinking about it til my next sweet sweet 'NoReply-PasResponse' arrives. we'll all be grand anyway. cash sent. proof sent. ball's in their court. feet up from now on. no fun fretting.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

we'll all be grand anyway. cash sent. proof sent. ball's in their court. feet up from now on. no fun fretting.

/continues to hit refresh...refresh...refresh..... :p

/continues to hit refresh...refresh...refresh..... :p

how i think im coming across
    :D

how im actually coming across
    :o

how i really feel
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

If ye think this goes slow wait until you try to get a TWP or apply for PR then it is really slow.
    Try sitting for 16 weeks unable to work because you are on a visitor visa in Edmonton with a wife and baby to support watching your savings slowly erode away and no idea where your visa application is in the list and can't call to find out it's status.
    Now that's stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

how i think im coming across
    :D

how im actually coming across
    :o

how i really feel
    :eek::eek::eek:

haha, exactly the same!

I had to resend my proof of payment cause they couldn't view it! Didn't give much information on what the problem was, whether it wasn't clear enough or the quality wasn't high enough! Which was a bit annoying!
    Some people had to re-submit info and got verified in couple of hours, guess it depends on who is dealing with you, or where they put you on the list.
    :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

If ye think this goes slow wait until you try to get a TWP or apply for PR then it is really slow.
    Try sitting for 16 weeks unable to work because you are on a visitor visa in Edmonton with a wife and baby to support watching your savings slowly erode away and no idea where your visa application is in the list and can't call to find out it's status.
    Now that's stress.

Now I feel foolish! :o I'd have my hair pulled out! That is tough!

Now that's stress.

first world problems only please bro! ;)

in all seriousness though that's awful man, hope you got set up fine in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IEC Ireland

Please please please, remain calm regarding the payment verification stage. Please DO NOT proceed with multiple payments. When you have paid once, be patient. We technically have 8 weeks to process an application from start to end. Paying multiple times, sending repetitive emails is slowing down the process for everyone and creating more work for us all. Be patient. We thank you all for you understanding. ~ Kat

lovemytea wrote: »
    I had to resend my proof of payment cause they couldn't view it! Didn't give much information on what the problem was, whether it wasn't clear enough or the quality wasn't high enough! Which was a bit annoying!

got the same message. said they couldn't open or view it as well. i think it was a technical problem with the attachment. id love to just email it to them or something- but that's just lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Verified!......
    Do we have to wait until the next stage opens or am I missing something glaringly obvious?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea mate they will send us a message to the Kompass account with what to do next will take up to 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 podge22

Any idea how long it will take to hear back for the IEC assessment after payment has been verified?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea mate they will send us a message to the Kompass account with what to do next will take up to 2 weeks.

Ahh for feck's sake!...Ahh well...
    Verified!:D

Yea its quite the wait alright least were verified i suppose:D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Did ye get an Email of verification or was it In yere Kompass account??

was in the Kompass account.

VERIFIED! Thank the lord god. I was waiting since last Wednesday. So there is hope for all who have given up, like I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Stress breeds illness. So the expression 'take a chill pill' makes perfect sense. I know it is hard to chillaxe when you just wanna know already, but it's only gonna make YOU ill. The peeps who haven't had verification yet, assuming you haven't had a pfo or a more info please email then there is nothing to worry about, things are progressing on the IEC's end, just not as fast as you want them too. Just compare them to the poor folks waiting on student grants over here though and you'll see they are flying along!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mickalexi13

anyone else have trouble getting proof of payment when transfering money using AIB online banking? I sent them the only proof the bank would give me and they siad it wasnt sufficient so I sent another document showing the transfer and a payment log print out. still havnt heard back if thats sufficient. I've paid my money and I beggining to get seriously anxious that it wont get veirfied before friday, which is my last day to have it paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

evan2509 wrote: »
    VERIFIED! Thank the lord god. I was waiting since last Wednesday. So there is hope for all who have given up, like I had.
    Panthro wrote: »
    Verified!......
    Do we have to wait until the next stage opens or am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Congrats guys, no sign yet for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Panthro wrote: »
    Verified!......

I hate ye guys :p:p:p

gary27 wrote: »

Congrats guys, no sign yet for me.

Keep the head up man, even an hour ago I thought I wouldn't get mine. Just came a few minutes ago. As someone said, if you've got your WTN and paid it will come.

Keep the head up man, even an hour ago I thought I wouldn't get mine. Just came a few minutes ago. As someone said, if you've got your WTN and paid it will come.

Whats the next step after Verification does anyone know? What does it involve? My CV needs some work.

Also, being verified doesn't neccecarily mean we will get the visa at all does it?

will do, its like waiting for exam results or whether your car passed the nct :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Whats the next step after Verification does anyone know? What does it involve? My CV needs some work.

Also, being verified doesn't neccecarily mean we will get the visa at all does it?

After verification, you've to wait for the assessment part to open up. Not sure, but could be that questionnaire people were looking at few weeks back....Then after that part, you go onto the CIC part and you upload the conditional letter of acceptance, garda cert, photo and anything else they look for....there may be another charge (god only knows how that will go down after all this confusion!), maybe not. I think thats about it from what I've seen anyway...

Nope, no guarantee until you get a yes or approved at the very end...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Happy for Evan2509 and Pantro, congrats lads....
    Me...I'm just going to crawl under the covers and cry:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So went into a BOI branch who I'm with and they said that I couldn't do it there, have applied for the online form but that could take til the end of the week to get here, have until monday to pay, went into an AIB branch and they said that I couldn't unless I was with them and had a card. Has anyone had this problem? Have people not been saying they went into an AIB with a different bank and they did it?

Liam O wrote: »
    So went into a BOI branch who I'm with and they said that I couldn't do it there, have applied for the online form but that could take til the end of the week to get here, have until monday to pay, went into an AIB branch and they said that I couldn't unless I was with them and had a card. Has anyone had this problem? Have people not been saying they went into an AIB with a different bank and they did it?

I'm not with AIB and I went filled out the lodgement slip put my ie number on it and got it stamped and photocopied by them for proof, can you try another aib nearby or go back in and say that other people have done this and had no problem lodging money or speak to another member of staff. I can't see why you couldn't do it in the aib bank even if you don't have a account with them.

Happy for Evan2509 and Pantro, congrats lads....
    Me...I'm just going to crawl under the covers and cry:eek:

Keep the head up it will come, I had resigned to my faith earlier
    Too, but it came! Thank god. You'll get it relax :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Aw yeah mister fancy pants with ur verified :-P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement