Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

I was one of the lucky ones i guess;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Liam O wrote: »
    So went into a BOI branch who I'm with and they said that I couldn't do it there, have applied for the online form but that could take til the end of the week to get here, have until monday to pay, went into an AIB branch and they said that I couldn't unless I was with them and had a card. Has anyone had this problem? Have people not been saying they went into an AIB with a different bank and they did it?

I'm with boi, they done me up a interpay express, got an A4 receipt with all info on it, try and ask when to do that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

gary27 wrote: »
    I'm not with AIB and I went filled out the lodgement slip put my ie number on it and got it stamped and photocopied by them for proof, can you try another aib nearby or go back in and say that other people have done this and had no problem lodging money or speak to another member of staff. I can't see why you couldn't do it in the aib bank even if you don't have a account with them.
    You used cash yeah? I thought it had to be done by an electronic transfer from account to account?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mickalexi13

again anyone have problem with transferin the money using aib online. they wouldn give a reciept. just a payment log and a some other sheet. Got an email saying that was insufficient proof of payment. Sent them on a the payment log aswell with a confirmation of payment but havnt heard anything back...anybody help?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Hey, for all those worried that the exact dates provided on the IEC application form for work and education history need to match the CIC application, I found a copy of the IMM 1295 form which the CIC use and you do not need to put the exact day just the month and year. The link to it is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1295E.PDF

This is the form they use every year and it was updated in January 2013 so I presume it is the one we will have to fill out if we get on to the next stage. So i think don't need to panic over not remembering exact days! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

You used cash yeah? I thought it had to be done by an electronic transfer from account to account?

I used cash, a lot of people have done this way as not everybody has an aib account but make sure to have the entire lodgement slip stamped and then photocopied with your ie number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Got verified earlier today and recieved a message in my Kompass account entitled "Proof of payment verified / Preuve de paiement vérifiée", I click on it and nothing happens, its not opening, anyone have this problem?

I know the first message opened as a .PDF.

it should open as pdf mate its your recpiept:)

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    it should open as pdf mate its your recpiept:)

Got it mate, turns out it was the browser. Very panicky about everything lol. Another waiting game begins now!

yea mate my broswer was the same Google chrome didn't allow it to for me. yea mate up to 2 weeks now:D when ya hoping to head?

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea mate my broswer was the same Google chrome didn't allow it to for me. yea mate up to 2 weeks now:D when ya hoping to head?

Don't have a clue man to be honest, I'll be going on my own too! Nothing sorted yet, I picked Alberta as my port of entry but no idea where to go yet. You??

heaing calgary as soon as i get the visa so end of march start of april i hope:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

any one having problems opening messages in kompass account or opening kompass account in particular just download firefox. i was using internet explorer & google chrome and they were useless. then i downloaded firefox and ive had no problems since :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

I was busy with work all day, so didnt get to check my kompass account, managed to check at 5 o clock and guess what....VERIFIED!!!!

It was a long time waiting since last Wednesday!

Thanks to WendyDoll for lighting those candles for me! and thanks to everybody else on boards for their help!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

So went into a BOI branch who I'm with and they said that I couldn't do it there, have applied for the online form but that could take til the end of the week to get here, have until monday to pay, went into an AIB branch and they said that I couldn't unless I was with them and had a card. Has anyone had this problem? Have people not been saying they went into an AIB with a different bank and they did it?

I'm not with AIB and went into them with cash. They were grand, gave me a photocopy of the lodgement slip they keep and stapled the little purple stub to it. I uploaded that. haven't been verified mind you, but I've heard people had no problems that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

before ye bite me head off i searched and scanned the thread.

has anyone paid using tsb online? i did, and screen capped. but there wasnt much info in it really. got an email from IEC just there saying they need;

- Name of account holder (me i assume)
    - Name of financial institution (permanent tsb??)
    - Account number of funds recipient (the iec acc num?)
    - Amount paid (on the screencap)
    - Date on which the payment was made (screencap)
    - Reference number for the payment (also on the screencap)

reckon if i just edit that info and my wtn into the screencap it will work? other than that im lost for ideas, the nearest tsb is 4000 miles from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

has anyone paid using tsb online? i did, and screen capped. but there wasnt much info in it really. got an email from IEC just there saying they need;

reckon if i just edit that info and my wtn into the screencap it will work? other than that im lost for ideas, the nearest tsb is 4000 miles from here.

Just scan the receipt you got with any bank statement you have that contains all your info. Write in anything that neither include, probably the IE-00****. I did that and was verified the next day.

lovemytea wrote: »
    I'm not with AIB and went into them with cash. They were grand, gave me a photocopy of the lodgement slip they keep and stapled the little purple stub to it. I uploaded that. haven't been verified mind you, but I've heard people had no problems that way.

I paid in AIB with cash and uploaded a receipt on Wednesday, just got verified this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

i paid cash in an aib branch but my sister paid online and she just done a screencap and copied it in to a word document and then just typed her WTN on to it. she was verified so i am sure it will be ok for you to do it too. just make sure you add your wtn :) also for name of account holder i think it is the canadian embassy not your account name. well thats what we put anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

AFAIK, WendyDoll paid with TSB online so maybe talk to her? i know she was requested to upload more info before she was verified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Paid for my husband and me last Wednesday morning about 5 am Irish time using AIB online banking and was only able to get a screen shot of the page just before you confirm the payment. This had all the info on it, Recipient name, account number/sort code, payment amount and reference number (IE-00xxxx).

IEC emailed both of us Friday asking for more info so I sent them the screen shot of my payment log which only has the date, from account (current – xxx), receiver account (account – 092) and the amount and also added a word doc where I typed in the other info they were looking for.
    We both got another email yesterday looking for yet more information and I again uploaded some more screen shots of what I can see on my account. Also rang AIB and was told the same as everyone else on here that they can’t do anymore than what I’ve already done. Within about 2 hours I got another message saying

“We have noted that you have made payments for two separate IEC accounts. We need confirmation that two separate transactions were made. Right now, with the documentation you have provided, we cannot verify both payments.”

Sent them a screen shot showing both payments, with the limited info I can get off internet banking, told them I’m in Vancouver so can’t go into a branch to talk to anyone and what do they suggest I do. Back to waiting again while I slowly break the F5 key on my keyboard! Anyone any ideas while I wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

tinyfox wrote: »
    Sent them a screen shot showing both payments, with the limited info I can get off internet banking, told them I’m in Vancouver so can’t go into a branch to talk to anyone and what do they suggest I do. Back to waiting again while I slowly break the F5 key on my keyboard! Anyone any ideas while I wait?
    My girlfriend paid online with TSB but had very little details on her screen grabs. So she did up a Word document that had all the details she needed. She just left a blank spot for someone in TSB to write their name, print it on bank headed paper, sign it and then post to her. She sent the template with a nice email explaining her situation and asking for help which she thankfully got. Her proof of payment was verified yesterday within 24hrs of submission.

If I was you, I'd get the bank to post the same to your parents\siblings and get them to scan the letter and email it you. Just try to make it as easy for the bank staff as possible - otherwise they don't seem to be very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I pm'd you there. hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

Went up to AIB customer service and got them to type me out a letter with all the required info. Scanned that in along with the ****ty reciept we all seem to be getting and I got verified today. I reckon do the same with other banks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

Mair10 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Please forgive me if my questions have been answered but I've been searching around to no avail....

Soooo, I realise I need to apply for our 3 year old daughter to have her own status in Canada as a 'visitor' but does this mean I must set up a Kompass account or can I just name her on one of our applications? It just seems that some of the Kompass questions are not relevant to her at all....!

Also, we have our 2 Kompass accounts & have activated them- does this mean we are considered one of the 4500 people who have been allocated a place on the program or have we to make payment first? (basically does a Kompass account confirm you have reserved a place)?

Sorry in advance if these questions have been answered elsewhere... :)

Hi Mair10,

This is what they replied to me today about bringing children on the IEC:

"In the Applicant Declarations, you clicked the following:

"I acknowledge that my dependent(s) (i.e. wife/husband/common-law spouse, child/children) may NOT enter and reside in Canada by virtue of my IEC application/participation. My dependent(s) must submit a separate application to enter and reside in Canada, for example as an IEC participant, visitor, student or worker."

Please contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) at question@cic.gc.ca or visit their website at www.cic.gc.ca for questions regarding your dependents. If you are already in Canada and wish to contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada, please call 1-888-242‑2100.

International Experience Canada "

not much help really, I just hope that we didnt need a separate IEC for her I dont think we did, just add her on at next stage under family information.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

tinyfox wrote: »
    Paid for my husband and me last Wednesday morning about 5 am Irish time using AIB online banking and was only able to get a screen shot of the page just before you confirm the payment. This had all the info on it, Recipient name, account number/sort code, payment amount and reference number (IE-00xxxx).

IEC emailed both of us Friday asking for more info so I sent them the screen shot of my payment log which only has the date, from account (current – xxx), receiver account (account – 092) and the amount and also added a word doc where I typed in the other info they were looking for.
    We both got another email yesterday looking for yet more information and I again uploaded some more screen shots of what I can see on my account. Also rang AIB and was told the same as everyone else on here that they can’t do anymore than what I’ve already done. Within about 2 hours I got another message saying

“We have noted that you have made payments for two separate IEC accounts. We need confirmation that two separate transactions were made. Right now, with the documentation you have provided, we cannot verify both payments.”

Exact same thing happened me, if you read back a few pages elvisn posted up an e-mail he sent, as well as a few others have sent (me inclusive) and they verified it from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

ENNE wrote: »

Hi Mair10,

This is what they replied to me today about bringing children on the IEC:

"In the Applicant Declarations, you clicked the following:

"I acknowledge that my dependent(s) (i.e. wife/husband/common-law spouse, child/children) may NOT enter and reside in Canada by virtue of my IEC application/participation. My dependent(s) must submit a separate application to enter and reside in Canada, for example as an IEC participant, visitor, student or worker."

Please contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) at [EMAIL="question@cic.gc.ca"]question@cic.gc.ca[/EMAIL] or visit their website at www.cic.gc.ca for questions regarding your dependents. If you are already in Canada and wish to contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada, please call 1-888-242‑2100.

International Experience Canada "

not much help really, I just hope that we didnt need a separate IEC for her I dont think we did, just add her on at next stage under family information.

Maybe Iv read this wrong and don't mean to stress you but it seems from this that your child may need their own visa as they cannot enter on yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

ladybird23 wrote: »
    Maybe Iv read this wrong and don't mean to stress you but it seems from this that your child may need their own visa as they cannot enter on yours!

ya but she is only 2, and the iec says you have to be between 18 and 35 to qualify. Not gonna stress yet until the next stage comes out ill know more then. Wish they would put up some help on the website for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

ENNE wrote: »

ya but she is only 2, and the iec says you have to be between 18 and 35 to qualify. Not gonna stress yet until the next stage comes out ill know more then. Wish they would put up some help on the website for people.

Oh right well in that case she would have to be linked with yours in some way! Your right if they had taken the time to make clear guidelines they would have saved us and themselves a lot of time! Best of luck with it, hope you get sorted soon!

• Advertisement

yea in the next round there will be a questionnaire where you can add a kid to the visa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement