Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

People that paid the same day as me are onto the next stage , I'm still not verified! Ffs

Chill you will be grand , they probably have different people assigned to different parts of the process and the verified ones are now startin to reach the people that do the assesments it will work in some kind of system like this. Stop panicin!! Be Cool:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

People that paid the same day as me are onto the next stage , I'm still not verified! Ffs

Im still waiting too! paid Wednesday. and proved payment Thursday. got NOTHING since! BAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

Chill you will be grand , they probably have different people assigned to different parts of the process and the verified ones are now startin to reach the people that do the assesments it will work in some kind of system like this. Stop panicin!! Be Cool:cool:

Well I think mine has taken their holidays then!Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

I wonder what checks they are carrying out while you wait for you letter of acceptance. Still bricking it I wont get this visa for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

evan2509 wrote: »
    I wonder what checks they are carrying out while you wait for you letter of acceptance. Still bricking it I wont get this visa for some reason!

no checks!! the checks will come in the next step before your granted your visa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

Got mine verified today uploaded everything last wednesday ,
    so what now , is it taking a week to get next step ?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Just have a quick question.

I've applied for my IEC visa using a passport that expires in a month, but I plan to travel to in 4 months. I will obviously renew my passport before I travel, but will the passport renewal mess with my IEC application in anyway?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

TCH wrote: »
    Can do tomorrow, the actual mail it's self wont open properly on the phone. Had to read it on the laptop. This is what's showing in my kompass

Oh wow that's so fast!!!i got verified the day after you so hopefully I hear something tomorrow some time so I can get on with it!!!delighted for ya by the way good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Yup, once payment was verified Wednesday night I just waited and got that mail this evening. Surely somebody else got the mail too?! Will copy and paste the letter tomorrow evening if nobody else has in the meantime.

Out of curiosity, what roughly is your WTN number?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TCH

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what roughly is your WTN number?
    My WTN is between 400-500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

My WTN is between 400-500.
    You mean between 4000 and 5000?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

is there a point in the process we will have to scan and attach our education results, courses done, training courses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

jos360 wrote: »
    Just have a quick question.

I've applied for my IEC visa using a passport that expires in a month, but I plan to travel to in 4 months. I will obviously renew my passport before I travel, but will the passport renewal mess with my IEC application in anyway?

Thanks

i think it will mess it up as i remember reading somewhere you need a passport that will cover your duration of ur stay ... but hopefully it wont :)

it seems the conditional acceptance letter is being issued already as someone on facebook has already started filling his out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Both myself and my boyfriends payment were verified on Monday night and Ive been non stop checking the account ever since!! This is a total stress fest!! Ive applied for my garda clearance cert but Im worried it might take ages coz my local garda station is NEVER open!!! One question, do we have to provide a copy of our birth cert at any stage?? If so, Im screwed coz I lost mine last year when getting a new passport :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Sounds like your just making it stressful for yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I was busy with work all day, so didnt get to check my kompass account, managed to check at 5 o clock and guess what....VERIFIED!!!!

It was a long time waiting since last Wednesday!

Thanks to WendyDoll for lighting those candles for me! and thanks to everybody else on boards for their help!

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dannil

me and my boyfriend have received our Conditional acceptance into the International Experience Canada initiative last night :) So now its on to the CIC site. When you answer the questions you need to upload the following: CV, Passport, IEC Letter, Photo, Police cert. Nothing about a birth cert yet.

del777 wrote: »
    Both myself and my boyfriends payment were verified on Monday night and Ive been non stop checking the account ever since!! This is a total stress fest!! Ive applied for my garda clearance cert but Im worried it might take ages coz my local garda station is NEVER open!!! One question, do we have to provide a copy of our birth cert at any stage?? If so, Im screwed coz I lost mine last year when getting a new passport :(

no need to worry at this point, you have ur wtn so ur sorted. id say they will release only a small amount of letters at a time cause they dont want to be over whelmed again. so relax and visualise your new life in canada :)

thanks! the thought of moving to Canada is so exciting!! Best of luck to everybody applying at the moment! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I missed the boat on this batch unfortunately- I only decided I really wanted to go in the last week!
    I'm gonna put my back into being super-ready for next year's IEC (apparently there'll be almost double the amount of visas :eek:)

How far in advance can I get my Garda clearance sorted? I know from volunteering with SVP that it can take months...

I missed the boat on this batch unfortunately- I only decided I really wanted to go in the last week!
    I'm gonna put my back into being super-ready for next year's IEC (apparently there'll be almost double the amount of visas :eek:)

How far in advance can I get my Garda clearance sorted? I know from volunteering with SVP that it can take months...

it needs to be 3 months in date or else u will have to get another, mine only took around 10 days :p

I got my garda cert within the week:D

dannil wrote: »
    I got my garda cert within the week:D

That's deadly, your failrly on your way with the application :) Best of luck! Can I ask were you dealing with a rural garda station? Our garda station is in the sticks and is very hard to get to speak with a garda to follow it up!

No the garda station is Dublin 7, right beside where i live. They told me they send the certs to get checked in Blanchardstown station. Not sure if thats were they are all sent but Dublin 7 is fairly near to Blanch, maybe thats why mine was so quick

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

It only takes about 2 week max, it's not the same as garda vetting/clearance that you need for charity work but rather a clearance certificate that your local station can fill out

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

I posted a letter to the superintendent of the local Garda station and I got it in a week. It's only a police certificate you need, not police clearance. Shouldn't take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ClaireB13

Just got verified last night thank god :D wondering has anyone ever been rejected for minor driving offences. The offences are dating back in 2005 but just hope this hasn't affected anyone in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

dannil wrote: »
    me and my boyfriend have received our Conditional acceptance into the International Experience Canada initiative last night :) So now its on to the CIC site. When you answer the questions you need to upload the following: CV, Passport, IEC Letter, Photo, Police cert. Nothing about a birth cert yet.

Does it specify if its an Irish style cv or a Canadian style cv? I know someone posted before it was Canadian style but just curious if it specifies in the letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

For those onto the next stage do they give you a deadline for getting all the information filled in and sent?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement