Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

no as far as i no its Irish style:D i dont think it has ever said Canadian style? great to see someone recieveing that letter already there moving at a nice speed so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mickalexi13

Ok just wondering. I got told my first proof of payment was insufficient so sent off some other info the bank gave me. Just wndrin will they tell me again if thats insufficient. Have to have payed and proof of payment by friday so beginin to worry cus if thats not enuff i need to know so i can go to the bank and try get a letter or somethin. anyone help please!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Ok just wondering. I got told my first proof of payment was insufficient so sent off some other info the bank gave me. Just wndrin will they tell me again if thats insufficient. Have to have payed and proof of payment by friday so beginin to worry cus if thats not enuff i need to know so i can go to the bank and try get a letter or somethin. anyone help please!

I got that message aswell last week saying I basically hadnt given enough detail on my proof of payment but I managed to upload more info from my online banking which they accepted in the end... did you make your payment in person in the bank or via online banking??

do they mean not enough information was given? or there was not enough money in the account and it bounced?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Got my conditional acceptance letter. Just a quick question for anyone who has gotten there's too to make sure I'm reading this right.

It says my conditional acceptance letter is valid until 2013-08-04, therefore my place is reserved in the programme and I don't need to complete stage two for the next 6 months??
    The job I'm currently working on has been extended to the end of February next year so if I was a few more weeks before sending off stage two my LOI will still be valid by the time my contract will be over.

Would I be right in saying those things...?

• Advertisement

they said not enuff proof of payment..like i said i sent some more to them and havnt heard antin back...is that a good sign? seeing as the havn sent another message saying that the new proof provided was insufficient.

Your status will change to verified if they accept the proof of payment, it took about two days for mine to be accepted after loading a second batch of proof

yea mate you have 6 months to apply for the visa so you could wait till the start of august and apply for the MY CIC part your visa would probably be approved in September so then you have up to September 2014 to activate it:D

It just gives you a longer time to activate it :D

del777 wrote: »
    I got that message aswell last week saying I basically hadnt given enough detail on my proof of payment but I managed to upload more info from my online banking which they accepted in the end... did you make your payment in person in the bank or via online banking??

did it online..they said not enuff proof of payment..like i said i sent some more to them and havnt heard antin back...is that a good sign? seeing as the havn sent another message saying that the new proof provided was insufficient. have to say the really made it difficult to sort this whole payment thing out. the amount a people avn trouble is a bit of joke like.

did it online..they said not enuff proof of payment..like i said i sent some more to them and havnt heard antin back...is that a good sign? seeing as the havn sent another message saying that the new proof provided was insufficient. have to say the really made it difficult to sort this whole payment thing out. the amount a people avn trouble is a bit of joke like.

Awwh stop, the whole process is so frustrating!! If they accept the further info you sent your status will change to "Verified" and you will get another letter to your account advising the payment has been verified. Pretty much just a waiting game until you hear from them again- hope you get it sorted soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea mate you have 6 months to apply for the visa so you could wait till the start of august and apply for the MY CIC part your visa would probably be approved in September so then you have up to September 2014 to activate it:D

where did you get this info man :cool:

del777 wrote: »
    Awwh stop, the whole process is so frustrating!! If they accept the further info you sent your status will change to "Verified" and you will get another letter to your account advising the payment has been verified. Pretty much just a waiting game until you hear from them again- hope you get it sorted soon :)

frustrating isnt the word. Sound for the help lad. Thanks. Spendin the day playin FIFA is a good as any way to kill the time, so thats me plan haha

I cant remember exactly but its true :D especially with the ops saying he has till august before he has to move on to the next step. it was discussed a few months ago when the first set up rules came out. a bit before your time on boards;)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Kind of off topic question here.. literally just came to me.

I got the equivalent of the J1 for Canada in 2006.. I can't remember what Visa taht was. I went through USIT at the time.

Can anyone shed any light on what that Visa was? Was it IEC? If so, does that affect my right to participate again?

Have gone through the FAQ and other items but couldn't see this anywhere..

Any help appreciated!

TCH wrote: »
    Yup, once payment was verified Wednesday night I just waited and got that mail this evening. Surely somebody else got the mail too?! Will copy and paste the letter tomorrow evening if nobody else has in the meantime.

so about 7 days after you get verified you got this new message in your mail box, correct :D? If so i will get it Friday evening roughly :), well i hope anyway :pac:

Thanks, that's what I thought alright, my clearance form is valid until the end of April anyway so I'm gonna give it a few more and go through everything with a fine tooth comb before I finish step two! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Thanks everyone :) This whole thing is so overwhelming at first glance, so all the advice is much appreciated!

Best of luck to you all, I'll be paying close attention to all the updates on here!! Never know, we could end up neighbours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

People that paid the same day as me are onto the next stage , I'm still not verified! Ffs

I'm guessing they're saving the best til last:cool:

yea fact mate they kind of made it like that i suppose to have it easier to process the mass applications they get:D yea that's true if you have work your grand:D. can i ask how long you were waiting after getting verified did you get the letter?

I cant remember exactly but its true :D especially with the ops saying he has till august before he has to move on to the next step. it was discussed a few months ago when the first set up rules came out. a bit before your time on boards;)

so i am waiting for my police cert (sent it yesterday) and if i get a 3rd msg like the guy who proved he had was on the next step, i can wait to do that next step next week or in a few months? and then get the visa the following month after i do the step?

• Advertisement

yea mate that seems about right as long as you move onto the next step of the MY CIC before the date stated you should be fine:) well maybe not a month i would give up to 6 weeks:D

yea fact mate they kind of made it like that i suppose to have it easier to process the mass applications they get:D yea that's true if you have work your grand:D. can i ask how long you were waiting after getting verified did you get the letter?

Just under a week, got verified for payment at 5pm Wednesday and got my conditional acceptance at 2am this morning! :)

yea mate that seems about right as long as you move onto the next step of the MY CIC before the date stated you should be fine:) well maybe not a month i would give up to 6 weeks:D

Good man ;), just have to wait for this police cert back :( and i will be good to go to the next stage :D, also you said you were on that facebook for jobs etc, i would say you'd want a job in that place alongside them ;)! You looking at the beer or something else :o:rolleyes::D;):p

lovely stuff mate i got verified thursday night so surely here something in the next few days there moving on quickly this year seems they got it right.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

A friend of mine paid last week (he is in Canada at the moment), the verification for payment wasn't accepted and he has been asked to resend it, he hasn't heard from them in 4 days now about it despite emailing and trying to ring the IEC.

Is anyone else in the same boat? It is close to the time he had to upload by and he is worried that the visa will be lost.

Good man ;), just have to wait for this police cert back :( and i will be good to go to the next stage :D, also you said you were on that facebook for jobs etc, i would say you'd want a job in that place alongside them ;)! You looking at the beer or something else :o:rolleyes::D;):p

Its called networking its meeting possiable new employers etc and the vodka special caught my eye :o:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

I'm guessing they're saving the best til last:cool:

Somewhat comforting! I take it you are also being neglected?:P

They always save the best till last:D
    Hence why i was one of the first to get it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Somewhat comforting! I take it you are also being neglected?:P

no word for yourself yet for payment verified? I'm stilling waiting since last Thursday and my ie number is between 500 and 550.

• Advertisement

Its called networking its meeting possiable new employers etc and the vodka special caught my eye :o:rolleyes::D

i'd say it caught your eye and alot more people to :P

91583someCups1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement