Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Budgie (Jenny) died this morning, how should I honour her?

• 25-02-2012 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I have put her in the freezer now to keep her OK. I am in my apartment, but I won't be in my parents house for another couple of days. I want to bury her in their backyard.

Do you think this is OK?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

<upgraded to permaban>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Andy!! - infracted.
    I suggest all users (we can see deleted posts btw) have a bit of tact & cop on when posting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I have put her in the freezer now to keep her OK. I am in my apartment, but I won't be in my parents house for another couple of days. I want to bury her in their backyard.

Do you think this is OK?

As long as she's in a sealed bag or box in the freezer, it'll be fine. Bury her in a nice box in a nice part of the garden, maybe under a birdfeeder in her memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Stuff her and keep her as an ornament(this is not a joke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dublogic

can you not remove his post so the OP did not have to see his abusive sh!t? I just sent him a private message which I may get banned from boards but its worth it - what a fncuking scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I miss you Jenny :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I miss you Jenny :(:([/Quote

*cyberhug*

Moderator, please remove the 2nd post.

I find it grossly offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

I'm sorry to hear about Jenny it is always so hard to lose a pet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Bury her and put a bird table over the grave, plant a circle of daffs around it that will come up every spring..was she yellow? If you want to pm me I will give you my email address and if you send me a photo I will do something nice with it for you to print and keep.

• Advertisement

She was white. I had her since the start of November. I've no clear cut photos of her, only of her in the cage, taken from the outside. I'm OK though.

I have George with me now.

Where my budgies eat, they stand on a platform and put their heads into the food. Jenny tried to squeeze between the platform and the cage wall. She got stuck. I saw her get out and thought it was cool, but for a good couple of minutes she stayed on the cage floor.

I took off the cage and brushed her a bit and she didn't pull away or anything. I could hear her insides at her. I held her in my hand while she passed away.

Something weird happened around 2 minutes ago.

I heard chirping coming from my left, beyond the Budgie cage where George is. I know it was a Budgie chirp, the sound and it is distinctive. There are no budgies native to Ireland, I have never heard a budgie chirp outside my place also.

The chirping happened, I heard it and George heard it. George is 8 inches to my left, the chirping came from a couple of feet away. George chirped back in the same rhythm. I hope it's a sign that Jenny is OK :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's very sad, but a good point to make for other bird owners to be careful where they place toys and dishes etc. Ensure a bird can't get trapped or injure their eyes or scrape themselves on anything sticking in to their cage.

We usually (well hubby does) bury and then place a large stone over the top to mark the grave, he usually puts the name and date on. Maybe if you plant some white flowers around it, 4 different types of white flowers so that there's always a white flower there.

Advertisement