Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vivastreet repairs in cork

Options
  • 25-02-2012 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried using these guys yet?

Got a quote of hundred euro for screen replacement for sgs1 which sounds very good to me.

Only thing its payment by cash or bank transfer, which has me slightly worried... As I'd be couriering phone.

Anyone any experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That says viva street is a classified ads site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Your right Tom.

Sorry.

This its from the email I received from them.

Could you possibly amend the title?

Mobile Phone Service First Floor 32 Grand Parade Cork Tel.0860304034 www.mobilephoneservice.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Have you tried Fonemenders in Cork? They're fairly reasonable with their prices and completely legitimate. Nokia use them as their repair center, and so do 3 Ireland. Call in and get a quote maybe? See if they can repair it. They're very professional up there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have you tried Fonemenders in Cork? They're fairly reasonable with their prices and completely legitimate. Nokia use them as their repair center, and so do 3 Ireland. Call in and get a quote maybe? See if they can repair it. They're very professional up there.

I wouldn't trust Fonemenders with a hairbrush. Shocking experiences with them in the past, and I'm not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

whiterebel wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust Fonemenders with a hairbrush. Shocking experiences with them in the past, and I'm not the only one.

Really? My iPhone broke due to a loose part and it wouldn't turn on. Gave it to them and it's working perfect now. They had to order in a piece from the States to fix it. It was all under warranty though. (Thankfully)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Really? My iPhone broke due to a loose part and it wouldn't turn on. Gave it to them and it's working perfect now. They had to order in a piece from the States to fix it. It was all under warranty though. (Thankfully)

Your warranty was then voided, as they are not an authorised apple repair centre. 3 send people to them with iPhones just to look it over externally, but they cannot open the phone under warranty.

Advertisement