Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fertiliser requirement for potatoes

• 25-02-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi im doing Ag science for the leaving and i was wondering how much fertiliser do you spread on an acre of potatoes. I know its like 7:6:17 but i was trying to figure out the actual amount. Any Help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

http://www.agresearch.teagasc.ie/johnstown/Nutrient%20Advice%203rd%20edition.pdf
    Should find what you need in there for requirements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Thanks a million conflats ..... Its a great help i dont understand the soil index on the potatoes part doh

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Sister Assumpta

The soil index is the measure of the available levels of nutrients in the soil as measured by soil analysis

Generally the index can be given like so:

f8eac.png

More specifically; The P index:

svhrnr.png

The K index:

14ualig.png

There is no available N index (watch the clover!), but generally the first, less specific table posted will apply across the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

Typically index 1 is continuous tillage and index 4 is land straight after grass etc it's explained in the green book near the start if i remember correctly

Advertisement